Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengals Cut Levi Jones

Bengals Cut Levi Jones

The Cincinnati Bengals have released veteran left tackle Levi Jones. The team announced the move earlier today.

Jones was a first-round pick in 2002, and he quickly became a fixture on the left side of the line.

Signed through 2012, Jones was due to earn a base salary of $3 million this year.
    Last edited by Splat; 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM.

was it because of Cap?

Comment

wow andrews and now levi, i guess im not too surprized but i think it would have been a better idea to keep him around for andre smith to develop
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

He needs to be the Chiefs RT next season.

Comment

He'll be a Buffalo Bill in 3...2....1...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
            was it because of Cap?
            Between his injuries, general suckiness and the cap hit... It makes sense. Since the end of the season I figured he would be gone. He also was unhappy the last 2 years or so, it makes sense.

Comment

Werent the Packers interested in him?

Comment

I know the 49ers and Bills have shown interest at some point...

He was an absolute stud leading up to 2006. He hurt his knee and just hasn't been the same since...

Comment

He seems like he was suffering from a mental block post-injury. Never really quite got over it and became gun shy. He still has some talent left if a new coach can get him over the mental stuff.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

I don't know if my numbers were correct, but I calculated only a $650K or so savings in terms of the cap. Which made me think it wouldn't be worth it to cut Jones.

But I suppose the Bengals felt now was the time to cut ties with him.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      I don't know if my numbers were correct, but I calculated only a $650K or so savings in terms of the cap. Which made me think it wouldn't be worth it to cut Jones.

But I suppose the Bengals felt now was the time to cut ties with him.
                      Nope it saves us 3 million and it is only 500,000 cap hit

And i am glad he is gone now he has been crappy since getting his contract extension

RIP themaninblack

Comment

That is an interesting development. Who plays opposite Smith now? Smith at LT must be a lock now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          That is an interesting development. Who plays opposite Smith now? Smith at LT must be a lock now.
                          It will be Collins are 4th round draft pick last year He played inplace of Jones Last year and He Held his own right now i see Collins at LT and Smith at RT

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Thanks. So Smith gets penciled in as the starting RT but you're likely looking at an open competition for the LT spot, right?

I just hope they get it together well enough to keep Carson in the game. It seems we can't get a full season without one of the top flight QBs getting broken.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                              Thanks. So Smith gets penciled in as the starting RT but you're likely looking at an open competition for the LT spot, right?

I just hope they get it together well enough to keep Carson in the game. It seems we can't get a full season without one of the top flight QBs getting broken.
                              read the previous post.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information