Early Line setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Line setup

According to bengals.com they have Whit starting at LT, Livings at LG, Cook at C, Williams at RG and Andre at RT.

Not sure I like Whit at LT, would rather Collins and Whit at LG.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
    According to bengals.com they have Whit starting at LT, Livings at LG, Cook at C, Williams at RG and Andre at RT.

Not sure I like Whit at LT, would rather Collins and Whit at LG.
    Whit isnt bad at LT and Livings showed alot at LG last season towards the end. C is still up for grabs. I think Cook can lose the initial start to Luigs.

Comment

My big question: Is Whit & Livings better that Collins & Whit

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        My big question: Is Whit & Livings better that Collins & Whit
        Coaches seem to think so right now.

Comment

Last time Whit was at LT he had trouble with speed pass rushers. Collins did pretty well against them. In our division, we need the guy who can handle those rush guys.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

I think Whitworth could be pretty good at LT but Id also rather see Anthony Collins in there to be honest with Whit at G. I do like to see Andre at RT though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Its early on the OL formation and wouldn't be surprised if this initial line up changes by the time the season starts.

Observations/Interesting comments:

- Lewis always had A Smith pegged at RT. This was revealing - I think they see another Willie.
              - Cook seemed to be earmarked for the C position. They commented that he has the smarts/bulk to handle big NT. (I was a little surprised to hear this one as I thought this was a big need for the team?)
              - Collins will be pushing for a starting spot (I think this could be either RT or LT)

Other stuff outside OL:
              - palmer really pointed out Henry picking up his game, saying he is totally committed and expecting a big year from him. This is good news.
              - palmer liked Coles
              - Ray m was 2nd team SAM.
              - Ochocino no show

Comment

This should be noted, via the great Chick Ludwig on Anthony Collins

I’ve been told by numerous scouts and NFL insiders that he’s the kind of guy who needs to be put in a competitive situation.
                Good stuff from Bobbie Williams
                "Kyle was spitting out the defenses and I like hearing that. As for Andre, he can definitely move. I'm interested in seeing the full bloom. He's a bud. He listens. He's not coming in here as a know-it-all."
                Ultimately I think you see:

LT - Collins
                LG - Whitworth
                C - Cook
                RG - Williams
                RT - Smith

The staff and players seem to be high on Cook, which isn't surprising given how optimism that goes out of control in the offseason. I'll believe it when I see it, certainly hope he's ready to take over.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information