Week 3: Pittsburgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3: Pittsburgh

The dirty Steelers are coming into town, obviously.... I wanted to get this one started early.

They've apparently been having trouble running the ball and the pass protection hasn't been the greatest. I feel like we should be able to hold them under 20. The real question will be how well can the offense protect Carson and hopefully Benson can get around 4 a carry again.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I like our chances.

Big Ben is still undefeated in Ohio. Nuff said. :D

Comment

Well, needless to say I'll never chalk up a game vs. Pittsburgh as a W. It's still your division to win.

I'm just feeling a little more confident than I would have expected to feel about this one. At the very least it should be a good game. I can't remember the last time we beat you all at PBS.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        Well, needless to say I'll never chalk up a game vs. Pittsburgh as a W. It's still your division to win.

I'm just feeling a little more confident than I would have expected to feel about this one. At the very least it should be a good game. I can't remember the last time we beat you all at PBS.
        No doubt it should be a good game. I wouldn't be surprised to see an old fashioned shootout. Too bad I don't get the game at my house.

Comment

I'm gonna be in the jungle once again for this game and I cannot wait! I just hope we don't come out and lay the proverbial egg like we tend to do at home against the Steelers. I would also be surprised if we gave up more than 2 or 3 touchdowns on defense. If the offense can build off of last week we definitely have a chance. I'm anxious to see the pass protection against the vaunted Steelers pass rush.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing Rey Maualuga introduce himself to Big Ben and I think Keith might be just a little pissed off at a certain receiver.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I'm glad that someone started this one early. Not being a moderator I didn't know if I should be starting the other ones or not, but it was already game time when I made them so I figured you had just forgot or were busy or something.

Anyways, as always I'm ready for the Steelers to stick it to us. But if Odom is getting his sacks based off skill and not his opponents lack of skill, then I don't see why he can't disrupt Ben who's notorious for holding onto the ball for to long.

However, I heard Cedric didn't practice today due to an ankle injury =(. If he doesn't go on Sunday, I'm not upset with Leonard and Scott carrying the rock, but I don't think either of them can handle the abuse of the Steelers D for long, which might hurt our chances.

Either way, I can say I definitely am excited.

Comment

I am excited too about playing the Steelers. Their the best team in football, the team and everyone knows we have to play better to beat this team. Less penalties and better choices by Palmer need to happen if were to post a W. Control the line of scrimmage, continuing running the ball effectively and converting on play action. So the key for me is our offense: seeing Palmer improving, reducing our mistakes and the ability of our OL handling the best D in football. I think our Defense will keep us in the game. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Special teams TD or a interception returned.

Who Dey

Comment

My freaking computer died like 3 weeks ago and it's been a battle to get a new one but I FINALLY got it tonight so I'm back as usual.

Benson is now probable so he'll be ready to rock.

I hope that for once we can shut down the Steelers run offense and I have plenty of confidence in Zimmer disrupting the passing game.

These 4:15 games always scare me, I can't remember the last one of those we won either lol. Should be a battle of the defenses, I'd be SHOCKED if the defense gave up more than 2 TD's (given decent circumstances aka no INT's close to home).

Definitely agree about the defense keeping us in the game, we'll be relying pretty heavily on them I'd say.

I'm dying, just want it to be Sunday.

Comment

If we want respect from the critics and the NFL we need to win this game it is defently a Huge Statement game for us

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Can't wait for this game.

Comment

Normally I get off work at 4 on sunday. Of Course on the day that the Bengals play at 4:15 I work until 7:30...blah!

Comment

Dude I feel for you. I go crazy when I have to work Sunday's, I work every other but luckily I don't work this one and I got off for the next two games after it.

I get very agitated when I work during Bengals games lol.

EDIT: And I have no problem with other people starting the game threads.
                        Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 09-26-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I'm chompin at the bit right now waiting for tomorrow.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

As a Steeler fan, I picked the Bengals to win the division. I am a bit scared of this game, but both teams really need to start 2-1 and not fall to 1-2. I am pumped. Hope I get it here in Maryland.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I just want the game to be on. Yay for tomorrow.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information