Week 10: Steelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10: Steelers

It is a must to get this one going early. The filthy Steelers need to go down.

Not only does this game end up being HUGE for the AFCN title but win this and I think we've got a decent shot at a first week bye in the playoffs (doesn't that blow your freaking mind). Lose and we're a game behind the Steelers looking at a potential Wildcard spot.

Absolutely huge game obviously, last time we went to Pittsburgh with the AFCN on the line it was a W for the good guys so you never know. I have no doubt that the team thinks they can win this one which is very refreshing.

Must slow Mendenhall and prevent turnovers on offense.

I think defense is the key to this one.
    Benson sees the silver lining now and I dont think he is gonna be stopped. He is playing with purpose. I dont think the offense will be an issue.

Now on defense, we absolutely MUST pressure Ben. Get him down to the ground. He is actually very good on the run so we cant afford to let him get a lot of escapes.
    Our safeties need to do a great job of keeping the deep ball out of the Steelers hands and we need to tackle in the open field.
    Holmes in open field is a bad thing for us.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

I don't think there is anyway Benson gets a full head of steam in this game. Although, I don't think yall will run him for 30+ this game. That is too much of a punishment. Wouldn't be surprised if Scott and Leonard get involved in the running game.

Henry is out, so that is a plus for the Steelers. Our defense has been playing lights out and the last two games has outscored the opponents offense in terms of TD's.

Joseph and Hall scare me but Ward has abused Hall before and with Holmes and Wallace, one of the three won't be covered.

Our run blocking has been ridiculous the last few weeks. I hope they can keep it up and Mendenhall puts up some numbers. Should make for a good game.

I have confidence that earlier this year will not be repeated.

Not good luck, but hope everyone makes it out injury free. :)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I never hope for injury but there is a difference between being hurt and being injured ;)

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Everyone says "I don't think Benson will run on us this game" lol. We'll see I guess, last time he average 4.8 yards per a carry.

Comment

Yea but he had one run for 23 yards. Take that away and his average was 3.5. I know, he made that run but just something to think about.

Plus, I haven't seen anyone say that. Maybe Baltimore but they are living in the past.

Comment

Benson is tied for 3rd in most carries over 20 yards so it's not like it's unexpected when he does break one that long.

Plus, while I'll give the Steelers credit for slowing down Peterson... Shutting down Buckhalter/Moreno isn't much of a forecast for how you will do against Benson. Not to mention Benson is better built to play the Steelers than Peterson. Peterson kinda banks on beating you down 3 quarters then going crazy in the 4th and that won't work on the Steelers.

Ben will get his scrambles where you think he's down then all the sudden he squirms out and finds a guy 20 yards downfield... Does it every game, I guess it's just a matter of limiting those.

The offense can't turn the ball over and put the defense in a bad spot. Joseph/Hall need to keep the outstanding play up.

I can honestly say this is the most I've ever wanted the Bengals to win a game. The idea of us potentially getting a first round buy in the playoffs just completely blows my mind.

Should be a good one. Didn't realize this but Carson is 2-2 @ Pitt for his career.

Comment

Bengals suck. Go Steelers. :D

In all seriousness, we were without both Polamalu and Mendenhall in this game and it showed that we missed them. We have them in this game, so Bengals better watch out. lol.

Comment

I do definitely agree on this. We played awful that game but still, you gained a lot since.

My money is on the good guys, the Steelers blow :D

Comment

Steelers are playing very good football right now. Our guys understand that this is a big game for them and expect this to be a real good game.

If Lebeau's game plan is to stop Benson, confident Palmer/Brat will make the necessary adjustments in the pass game. Our offense is clicking right now so I expect us to be able to handle this good defense (w/Troy its more like a great defense). Some what concerned about losing Henry in the passing game (12 catches & 2 TD's) this is element that will be hard to replace. Expect Coles will continue to see more activity (like last week). Not sure if Simpson will show up for this game but the time is now for him to contribute.

On defense, agree pressure on Big Ben is one the keys to the game. I think we can control their line. Prevent the big plays, we all know that they have the players than can hurt you at anytime.

Comment

Word is that Purify is going to get signed from the practice squad and is going to step ahead of Simpson on the depth chart if he does due to his size.

I have so much hope and optimize for Simpson, but I'm afraid he might not get his shot this week.

Either way though, I expect the top 3 to continue to get all the catches, regardless of who steps up. Caldwell has been amazing thus far, and I highly doubt we'll run a 4 receiver set that much this week anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by SC Igniter View Post
                        Steelers are playing very good football right now. Our guys understand that this is a big game for them and expect this to be a real good game.

If Lebeau's game plan is to stop Benson, confident Palmer/Brat will make the necessary adjustments in the pass game. Our offense is clicking right now so I expect us to be able to handle this good defense (w/Troy its more like a great defense). Some what concerned about losing Henry in the passing game (12 catches & 2 TD's) this is element that will be hard to replace. Expect Coles will continue to see more activity (like last week). Not sure if Simpson will show up for this game but the time is now for him to contribute.

On defense, agree pressure on Big Ben is one the keys to the game. I think we can control their line. Prevent the big plays, we all know that they have the players than can hurt you at anytime.
                        This post confuses me. Your name and the start of the post seems to be a Steelers fan but then midway through you switch gears and become a Bengals fan.

Which one is it!!!??

Also, who is purify and what are his measurements??

Comment

I am a Bengals fan

Comment

I hate the Steelers, just thought I'd throw that out there again.

Mathis, Rivers and Jeremi Johnson didn't play Day 1 in practice and Benson was given the day off.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              I hate the Steelers, just thought I'd throw that out there again.

Mathis, Rivers and Jeremi Johnson didn't play Day 1 in practice and Benson was given the day off.
                              He is going to need the extra day of rest. :)

I think everyone in the AFCN division hates the Steelers the most. Most Browns, Bengals, & Ravens fans hate the Steelers the most. Is it the success or what is it?? It confuses me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information