No announcement yet.

Free Agency and Non-Draft Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually think they finally have a handle on how to deal with the 'take discounted players' approach and not have it blow up.

My big issue with Pacman is I just don't think he's that good anymore. It seems he's certainly learned from his mistakes... He really didn't have a choice.

Our return game is fine now, he'd be good depth I suppose.

Quan put us 2nd in the league in YPR and Shipley is a good backup. I actually forgot how young Pacman was, that helps but again... I worry that he sucks now lol.

I might not trust a lot with this team but Zimmer has my full trust. If he was all about the move then I say go for it.

Comment

• The more I read and think about it, I'm starting to like the Jones signing. I love Zimmer's attitude about the whole situation and he clearly has no qualms about getting rid of him if he even considers getting in trouble again. Obviously, he won't be the starter, but he adds excellent depth to both the defense and ST if he's still got it in the tank, which I would expect since he isn't too terribly old. Needless to say, it's going to be a really interesting off-season and season.

worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
        The more I read and think about it, I'm starting to like the Jones signing. I love Zimmer's attitude about the whole situation and he clearly has no qualms about getting rid of him if he even considers getting in trouble again. Obviously, he won't be the starter, but he adds excellent depth to both the defense and ST if he's still got it in the tank, which I would expect since he isn't too terribly old. Needless to say, it's going to be a really interesting off-season and season.
        Interesting it should be. We have a VERY tough schedule ahead of us so hopefully the everything goes good and the offense has a little more power with the new additions
        R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• Apparently Matt Jones looked really good from what I've read on Bengals.com. Carson seems to love him. Hobson also said the difference between Coles last year and Antonio Bryant this year at the same time is quite noticeable in favor of Antonio. Also mentioned that Jerome Simpson had a good day. I saw on the OTA highlight vid where he had a nice catch deep down the field between two defenders. I still believe in his potential so hopefully they can at least keep him on the practice squad if he doesn't make the team because the competition there is going to be rather heated.

I know it's just OTAs but it does seem pretty encouraging, at least there aren't any big problems just yet. If we can get something out of Jones and Bryant plays to his ability our passing game could actually be closer to 05' form. Palmer hasn't been as good/accurate as he once was but he also suffered tremendously with the lack of talent in the passing game outside of Chad. The things Bryant had to say about CP were pretty interesting and quite complimentary.

If this team can get a consistent passing game going I don't see how we can't have an even more successful season. I like that we have also taken chances on some guys like Matt and Adam Jones because I feel this locker room has enough of a veteran presence to help those two along in reclaiming not only their lives but their football careers as well. Surrounding Carson with some guys that can make plays down the field was the mission and hopefully we'll see we have accomplished that throughout the season. Even if our passing game isn't spectacular, parlaying the improvements we made with an established run game should do wonders.

I just wish Hard Knocks could come back to Cincy again this year. Such a cool thing to have that kind of access to your favorite team, though I do kinda wish they would've laid off all the longshot guys and shown more of the big time contributors, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
          Last edited by themaninblack; 05-12-2010, 01:40 PM.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• The WR core is such a toss up this year.

There's a big question of how they will perform and who will even be on the roster. Definitely the biggest wildcard for the team and it's also huge for any success next year.

This team has a tough schedule but it's much better prepared to succeed than the '06 team was after their AFCN win. The defense should still be just fine, I really think the only way it even plays average is with big injuries which are always possible.

Benson needs to stay healthy and the WR's need to actually perform this year.

Like I said though... It's very important for me that this team is set up pretty well to continue success whereas the '06 team had plenty of issues.

Comment

• Dont forget Palmer needs to step up his game as well. If he plays like he did last year this team will not make the playoffs. There will be alot of teams stacking the box to stop the run and will challenge Palmer to beat them. We can put alot of blame on the WR core but lets not forget Palmer didn't exactly throw the ball the greatest last season. Gresham should be a huge help for him since he actually can catch the ball on a regular basis. That will open up the outsides a bit since the safeties wont be able to cheat out there on the wide outs.

Comment

• Reggie kelly deal done according to Bengals twitter account!! That is a huge signing imo especially after we drafted jermaine in the first. Reggie is a great blocker and an even better mentor, that's all I really see this signing as to help jermaine and chase progress and become good te's. Jermaine can become an all pro if he refines his blocking game and chase can become a matchup problem from hell in a double tight end set. Anyways great signing bengals fo something I think we really needed to get done
                R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• THANK GOD. This was one of the biggest things we had to do this offseason. I can't believe Mike Brown is actually doing things properly for once ;)

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Now if only we can go after Atogwe once he doesn't sign his tender and is released lol

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Glad to see that one get done. We need him even more now with both our young TEs.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information