Free Agency and Non-Draft Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HR24 View Post
    True, but Zimmer likes his safeties to be versatile and play both spots. Rolle is a true FS and this may allow Crocker to move down to SS. Apparently though, the Bengals aren't really being mentioned in the race for Rolle as of yet.
    Yea i think we have no chance getting Rolle he will want a huge contract and Mike Brown wont give Rolle what he wants. Someone will overpay for him

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
      Walter would not bother me he would be a replacement for TJ and is instant upgrade over Coles but we will still need a WR that can make plays down the field
      It wont be a bad signing but I would hate to have it end there, especially with cutting Coles should get us in the race for Boldin

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        It wont be a bad signing but I would hate to have it end there, especially with cutting Coles should get us in the race for Boldin
        Problem with Boldin is he has a year left on his deal and will want a big contract which i doubt Mike Brown will give him. Our best bets are TO or Walter or both unless the FO changes its ways

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
          Problem with Boldin is he has a year left on his deal and will want a big contract which i doubt Mike Brown will give him. Our best bets are TO or Walter or both unless the FO changes its ways
          I dont think Boldin will get what he wants and could come slightly cheaper because of his age and injury history.
          Give him a deal slightly more expensive than Coles last year, load it with playing incentives.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            People have given him a bad rep but he has really turned the corner the past few years.
            He didnt have to sign Odom or Coles or Utecht.
            Did they all pan out? No. But you cant foresee injury and who knew Coles had lost THAT much?
            Then in 2008 or 2007 trying to trade for Rogers?
            Don't forget he threw an offer to Vick as well. I didn't want Vick and I'm glad he decided to not come here, but the initiative to get free agents was there.

Comment

As expected the Benagls have yet to make any noise in free agentcy period. From what i'm hearing Kevin Walter is more then likely headed to the Ravens so unless something changes soon he is off the list. Also hearing that Antonio Bryant is close to a deal with the Dolphins. From some people close to the team its looking like early next week the Bengals may have to jump on TO out of desperation with alot of the big name guys signing and the fear that they may be left without options. I really hope that they dont get scared and think they dont have options and this is the only solution at WR. They have some decent guys on the roster and with a decent draft could get a good guy that can fill some holes. Also With the Bears signing That guy with the really long name I'm not even gonna try and spell at TE it leaves them with one to many starters and either Ohlson or Clark should be available though trade at a decent price.

Comment

Kevin Walter is not much of an upgrade to what we already have in Andre Caldwell.. Sign TO or Antonio Bryant, although I think TO will come cheaper and can get him on a 1 year deal where Bryant probably wants multi year and money...
                R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

It is nice to see the FO has not changed at all

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Apparently we have spent today getting in house stuff done.
                    Close to resigning Bobbie which is a big deal.
                    Closing in on a deal with Roy.
                    And talking with Tank.

Next up is signing JJ long term IMO.

Out of what is left, I think we need to push for Bryant and Walter maybe.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Bryant is going to want a long term deal done and we will be willing to give 1 year deal and from what i have read Walter will most likely still end up in Baltimore even with them getting Boldin

TO it will be

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Walter actually went back to Houston. I hope we just skip TO and draft Demaryius Thomas. Give Simpson a shot at this game and see if Caldwell can step up big this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                          Walter actually went back to Houston. I hope we just skip TO and draft Demaryius Thomas. Give Simpson a shot at this game and see if Caldwell can step up big this year.
                          I still think we should sign TO.. I want us to draft Thomas too but he won't step in from day 1 so we would need someone to fill the void. 1. Ocho 2. ??? 3. Caldwell 4. Simpson 5. Thomas 6. Cosby after the bye week we will be able to determine if Simpson can actually play or not. Whether the bye is in week 4 or 8 thats ample enough time to get on the field and be evaluated as well we would be able to see Thomas get more comfortable in the offense catchin Slims 9 route for TDs all day
                          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                            I still think we should sign TO.. I want us to draft Thomas too but he won't step in from day 1 so we would need someone to fill the void. 1. Ocho 2. ??? 3. Caldwell 4. Simpson 5. Thomas 6. Cosby after the bye week we will be able to determine if Simpson can actually play or not. Whether the bye is in week 4 or 8 thats ample enough time to get on the field and be evaluated as well we would be able to see Thomas get more comfortable in the offense catchin Slims 9 route for TDs all day
                            I liked Slim's deep post route more, it was extremely abusive to opposing safety's hips.

Also, I'm O.K. going into this season with a ? at the #2 receiving spot. I would much rather see Simpson or Caldwell fail there than have T.O. be brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                              I liked Slim's deep post route more, it was extremely abusive to opposing safety's hips.

Also, I'm O.K. going into this season with a ? at the #2 receiving spot. I would much rather see Simpson or Caldwell fail there than have T.O. be brought in.
                              Yea, but you know Simpson won't be there... Caldwell has a shot but is best suited for the slot imo. I think if a guy like TO comes cheap, which I think he would come to Cincy cheap it is worth the risk and on a 1 year deal for not to much money there isn't much to lose. If he doesn't pan out cut his ass midseason and let other guys fill in... like the WR we will draft early
                              R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                                Yea, but you know Simpson won't be there... Caldwell has a shot but is best suited for the slot imo. I think if a guy like TO comes cheap, which I think he would come to Cincy cheap it is worth the risk and on a 1 year deal for not to much money there isn't much to lose. If he doesn't pan out cut his ass midseason and let other guys fill in... like the WR we will draft early
                                Understand your logic but cannot agree with bringing TO in under any circumstance. He is a cancer. On top of this, the Bengals site said there is a possibility of us losing our 3rd round comp if we sign a UFA this year, if this is true that should put the nail in the coffin on bringing him in.

Not surprised about FA non moves so far, I was dreaming about us getting either Marshall or Boldin and understood this would be a long shot scenerio. Baltimore offense really improves, give Ozzie the credit he deserves. Lets get our own players resigned and extend the contracts of our CB's & Benson, then focus on the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information