No announcement yet.

Free Agency and Non-Draft Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really intrigued by Jimmy Graham, he is so big and runs fast and wants to be good. He turned down a BBall contract in Europe to play football. The guy shows promise, who ever gets him will have a decent TE
    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

He could really become a great TE if he gets on the right team.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

I'm thinking that if we're going to be drafting a TE it's gonna be someone that they feel can come in and provide something, at least in the run game, as a rookie. Graham's blocking skills may rule him out for us, though I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
          I'm thinking that if we're going to be drafting a TE it's gonna be someone that they feel can come in and provide something, at least in the run game, as a rookie. Graham's blocking skills may rule him out for us, though I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.
          And, knowing our luck, we will watch him tear it up next season on whatever team drafts him, thus further affirming the ineptitude of this team's offensive coaching staff and their philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by HR24 View Post
            And, knowing our luck, we will watch him tear it up next season on whatever team drafts him, thus further affirming the ineptitude of this team's offensive coaching staff and their philosophy.
            Hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

Does anyone know anything about the WR the Bengals signed from tennessee? I think his name is Chris Davis. I've never heard of him and I know the Titans didn't have a great WR core as it was so I cant see him being an impact player at this point. Unless someone knows more about this guy that can tell me otherwise i dont see it as a worthwhile signing.

Comment

He has been arrested for DUI lol... Training camp body.
                R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...chance-on-t-o/

Palmer still wants TO in Cincy
                  R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

I would not mind bringin TO in for a year maybe two. He's gonna come real cheap and proved last season that he's still got something left.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Plus if you can get him on a one year deal he'd act like an angel.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Alex Brown was released by Chicago, what would you guys think about signing him as some extra depth at DE? When Odom went down, we really needed some extra DE depth.

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          Alex Brown was released by Chicago, what would you guys think about signing him as some extra depth at DE? When Odom went down, we really needed some extra DE depth.
                          If you can find a roster spot for him, I would definitely look at it. You have to think that both Fanene and Johnson are considered dual use players with their ability to flex between DE/DT and DE/OLB, so that allows some flexibility with the roster. At the very least, get him on a one year deal and into camp and see how he does.

Comment

I would have rather gotten him on the cheap than Rucker...even though I do like Frostee.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

Mike Zimmer was on the local radio station here in Columbus today and the draft was discussed with him. First thing was who makes the call on the pics and he said "pretty much Mike Brown has final say". He was asked what positions they could really use an upgrade in the upcoming draft and he said " He was very happy with all the current players and it was key that they was able to keep the defensive side of the ball intact this offseason so looking ahead to the draft the major focus would be depth at Defensive end and in the secondary". He mentioned that Pass rush became a concern when Odom went down.

So my take from that when i listened was he really likes who he has on the team but that is alot of coach speak so he doesn't single anyone out. the fact he mentioned secondary and defensive end leads me to believe those spots will be addressed somewhere.

Comment

Honestly, no matter the team, the owner almost always has final say.

It's nothing new. We all kinda figured we would target there

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information