Free Agency and Non-Draft Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency and Non-Draft Offseason

Well, tonight is the night we get to watch other teams make moves we need to make.
    I actually do hold out hope for one big signing like Odom and Utecht. (Just didnt pan out).
    I would really like to snag Malcolm Floyd...is he hitting the market?
    And Antrelle Rolle. We need FS help. He would be a big upgrade over Crocker, and with our DB coaches, and our 2 stud CBs; he would be able to be a rover and make plays and not have to have extra cover duties.

Floyd wouldnt be too expensive.
    Rolle would be our big signing.

Opens up our draft BIG time.

Outside of FA, I think by this time tomorrow we need to have Bobbie Williams resigned. That is crucial to the club in 2011. We need to extend JJ a good 4-5 years.

Well just did some HW and Floyd got a 1st round tender....so oops
    Last edited by Bengals78; 03-04-2010, 12:33 PM.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Coles is reportedly released.
    This could be making room for a new WR early on in FA.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...e-de512d003399

Here is link for Coles being cut and RFA tenders offered

Coles getting Cut makes me happy now if we can get Boldin or Marshall i will cream my pants

RIP themaninblack

Comment

^ What he said. I just hope it's Boldin. Arizona wants a 3rd, we have two, I think. Sounds like a match made in heaven. If we could sign Rolle too (it's unlikely, but you never know), our draft would be so much more open. Please please please, we need a good off-season!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert View Post
          ^ What he said. I just hope it's Boldin. Arizona wants a 3rd, we have two, I think. Sounds like a match made in heaven. If we could sign Rolle too (it's unlikely, but you never know), our draft would be so much more open. Please please please, we need a good off-season!
          I would love to get Boldin. He does have some small injury issues, but it's a minor thing. Point is, he's a boss.

If we could get Rolle, our S situation would be so much better. We could even go so far as to draft a safety (ex: Reshad Jones) to come in and learn under the older guys. That would be amazing.

worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Well the fact that Coles was released makes me a very happy man. He just wasn't worth the money he was making and it did'nt pan out the way i think everyone hoped it would. I really hope simpson gets a good look so we can see if he is a waste or a diamond in the rough. Boldin could be a good pick-up especially if he doesn't require a huge contract. My fear is though he wants a bigger deal then what was paid to Coles last year and I cant see the Bengals dishing out a big free agent contract. What i can see happening is Caldwell moving into the slot and Simpson/Jones getting a look at the #3 spot. Then maybe a Rookie coming in to battle for the #3/#4 spot along with Cosby.

As for the Safety spot Rolle would fill a void for sure. I wonder if the Bengals will throw enough cash his way and compete with other teams in that manner. I really Hope Mike Brown shockes all of us and opens up the checkbook this offseason but I for one just dont see it happening.

Comment

Ohhhh and I almost forgot that I feel that picking up Ben Watson would be a really good fit at TE. I dont think he demands a big price tag and would be a good option on the Bengals. Obviously its a huge improvement over what we seen last season. ANd that would allow Coffman to be just a recieving threat and not such a liabilty blocking.

Comment

lets hope Brown surprises us. He may come around to the fact that the timing is now with Palmer and we need playmakers to compliment Ocho.

Comment

Even though it still is Mike Brown, he's done a lot to surprise me in the last 2-3 years. Especially in FA / offseason. That said, never say never.

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

People have given him a bad rep but he has really turned the corner the past few years.
                    He didnt have to sign Odom or Coles or Utecht.
                    Did they all pan out? No. But you cant foresee injury and who knew Coles had lost THAT much?
                    Then in 2008 or 2007 trying to trade for Rogers?

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

They have certainly been more active lately. While FA isn't a way to get a superstar player or build a team, it could certainly work for how things are now. Mostly just signing/trading for a WR.

With Coles gone it's obviously a priority. I'm actually surprised he was cut, not due to production just felt like they'd probably retain him.

We'll see, nothing ever happens the first few days for us.

Comment

I personally foresee Kevin Walter coming back after the Coles cut. I know they liked him alot, especially Carson, and Carson is comfortable with him.

I would be cool with the Rolle signing as well. He is a solid safety and, I personally, think an upgrade over Roy Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by HR24 View Post
                          I personally foresee Kevin Walter coming back after the Coles cut. I know they liked him alot, especially Carson, and Carson is comfortable with him.

I would be cool with the Rolle signing as well. He is a solid safety and, I personally, think an upgrade over Roy Williams.
                          Wouldnt factor into Roy as Rolle is a FS and Roy is a SS. But I am worried Walter might be our FA signing.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                            Wouldnt factor into Roy as Rolle is a FS and Roy is a SS. But I am worried Walter might be our FA signing.
                            Walter would not bother me he would be a replacement for TJ and is instant upgrade over Coles but we will still need a WR that can make plays down the field

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                              True, but Zimmer likes his safeties to be versatile and play both spots. Rolle is a true FS and this may allow Crocker to move down to SS. Apparently though, the Bengals aren't really being mentioned in the race for Rolle as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information