2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crites09 View Post
    I have only head positive things of Muckelroy, doesn't seem he was ever the flashy player on Texas but always around the ball, hence him leading the team in tackles. Hopefully he pans out and can contribute to our team so LB won't need to be addressed in the high rounds for a couple years.
    Yeah, me too. Not flashy, but hits hard and a sure tackler (imo). I really like the pick.

Comment

• Thoughts on not getting a S in the draft?????

My only thought of it is that next year it will be a round 1 or round 2 priority to get a top tier safety. There are a few studs that should be coming out like that guy from UCLA
      R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• I wasnt overly surprised.
        Remember when we HAD to take a tight end a few years ago?

I just think that we were unfortunate enough that value didnt coincide with need during the draft for S.

When you evaluate what we drafted and when, I think we got value + need and that is why we didnt go S. Im sure if some of the S fell to us in the right we would have but I cannot argue against what we did pick in favor of a reach at S.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
          I wasnt overly surprised.
          Remember when we HAD to take a tight end a few years ago?

I just think that we were unfortunate enough that value didnt coincide with need during the draft for S.

When you evaluate what we drafted and when, I think we got value + need and that is why we didnt go S. Im sure if some of the S fell to us in the right we would have but I cannot argue against what we did pick in favor of a reach at S.
          True, but you can tell after Berry and Thomas were gone they wanted to get Taylor Mays but the Rams wanted to much to move up to the 33rd pick.

So they know Safety is still a need but are willing to address it next year. I totally agree with all the most of the picks we made were for a + value and thats how good teams draft.
          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• I possibly see it being addressed with another vet in FA next year or this (Darren Sharper!)

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• About the only safetys out there that are still left that would make a impact would be either Sharper or Ken Hamlin.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I see it as the onus is on JJ, Leon, Trent, and now Ghee to hold coverage with what minimal coverage assistance that Crocker, Williams, and Ndukwe can provide until the front 7 gets to the QB. If we are somewhat lacking in the back end, juice up the front 7 and reduce the amount of time spent in coverage and pray our guys get there. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information