No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely agree on that. I could see the Joseph, Rivers and Hall picks coming from a mile away but never heard anything about it likely being the pick.

The thing is, with how Scott's mock I could see Thomas (PLEASE) or Kindle getting the nod.

I've just never been very sold that the coaching staff is that big on an impact TE. Granted, it was a glaring need last year but that was because we had no WR's outside of Chad for the majority of games. If you take Gresham here you're also basically giving up on a 3rd round pick from a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      Definitely agree on that. I could see the Joseph, Rivers and Hall picks coming from a mile away but never heard anything about it likely being the pick.

The thing is, with how Scott's mock I could see Thomas (PLEASE) or Kindle getting the nod.

I've just never been very sold that the coaching staff is that big on an impact TE. Granted, it was a glaring need last year but that was because we had no WR's outside of Chad for the majority of games. If you take Gresham here you're also basically giving up on a 3rd round pick from a year ago.
      I agree it would be pretty much giving up on Coffman.

Can't see them going from never using the tight end as a receiver, to having two tight ends who are receivers and not good blockers. Doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't mean it can't happen it just seems unlikely.

I want Earl Thomas bad.

Comment

Thomas
        Bryant
        Kindle
        Graham
        Gresham

Comment

LOL Jaguars that really helps the Bengals

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Woohooo... Eagles trade up and take Graham, still got a shot.

Comment

So sad that Thomas is gone. Kindle will have to do. Really, as long as it's not Gresham, I'll be happy.

worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Looks like Bryant, Gresham or Kindle.

Gut says it Kindle

Comment

******* balls.

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Well I kinda had a feeling this was going to happen. I was shocked it still did with Dez Bryant still on the board though. But go back and look at my write up I did last week to explain why this would be the pick. This will help the offense out alot in the upcoming season. My gut feeling is the Bengals go Safety in the second tomorrow night.

Comment

Hehe, well Palmer and I were both on Shane's Ustream chanting for Dez Bryant but low and behold we decided to pick up Gresham instead.

My initial reaction to this pick is that I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. The problem is we never really use tight end to pass-catch for us, however, spending the 21st pick on a pass-catching tight end kind of forces Marvin and Brat to build a play book that utilizes him.

Let's face it, the value was there for Gresham at 21. Now it's just a matter of the team utilizing him correctly.

Most importantly though, I'm glad that the signing of Antonio Bryant didn't allow the front office to ignore the offense another year. Our offense did some goods, especially in the running game, but the bottom line is that it ultimately failed. Spending the 21st pick on Gresham shows that we are committed to fixing the offense and more specifically the passing game.

As far as Chase Coffman goes, I don't know. Gresham is a better prospect all around and thus I don't know what will happen with Chase.

Comment

Yea I'm just suprised theyve seemingly given up on Chase, especially after marvin came out and said that he had big expectations for this year.

I was hoping for Dez but I'm not mad about this pick. Hopefully he can block too.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                          Yea I'm just suprised theyve seemingly given up on Chase, especially after marvin came out and said that he had big expectations for this year.

I was hoping for Dez but I'm not mad about this pick. Hopefully he can block too.
                          Yes, I think the only thing that makes me iffy about the Gresham pick is Coffman. If I can get over the Coffman pick I think this is a fantastic move for us, but it might be hard to forget about giving up a 3rd round pick last year (even though we did awesome in the rest of that draft).

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post

Yea i am not real mad about this. I am just happy they did not take Taylor Mays.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

The fact that Bryant was there and they passed makes me think they're ready to use him.

I was just so sure it would be Bryant given the times we expected a 'high character' guy and didn't get them, he obviously has the talent. We have a huge need for a pass catching TE, none of us can deny that.

I guess now really the success of the pick just hinges on ACTUALLY USING HIM. God knows there were plenty of times where if we had Gresham instead of Coats/Foschi the offense would've actually been productive.

My concern isn't talent, that's always nice. I just was sure Bryant would be the guy.

Comment

Well, anyone wanna take a sig bet on how long before he hits the IR?
                                Trade up and grab Kindle here. Dooo iiiiiitttt

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information