Position Battles: WR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position Battles: WR

Since this is the down part of the season really, lets get some look into our upcoming positional battles.

WR:

Known roster spots (3)
    Chad Ochocinco
    Antonio Bryant
    Jordan Shipley (Dont see how a 3rd round pick doesnt make it)

Up for grabs (3)
    Andre Caldwell
    Jerome Simpson
    Quan Cosby
    Dez Briscoe
    Maurice Purify
    Matt Jones
    Andre Caldwell
    34.04%
    Matt Jones
    14.89%
    Maurice Purify
    2.13%
    Quan Cosby
    14.89%
    Jerome Simpson
    17.02%
    Dez Briscoe
    17.02%

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Jerome, Matt Jones, Caldwell

Show some love for Jerome... I hope he has progressed finally and show why we took him in the 2nd round. If not Jerome I say its Quan forsure and Briscoe goes to PS
    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

1) Andre - easy, I think he's basically guaranteed a spot at this point.

2) Jerome - Right or wrong, it'll be hard to drop a previous 2nd rounder before his contract is up.

3) Briscoe - This could easily be Matt Jones too because we know this team likes having as much experience as possible. I would just prefer the team to have confidence in Antonio Bryant & Andre Caldwell and start looking for a diamond in the rough to eventually become our next TJ or Chad.

I think Cosby is out of a job. His specialized skill is being replaced by Shipley who is just as good of a returner as Cosby but also shows some promise in the slot. And I think Purify will sit on our practice squad till injuries move him up or another team snags him.

Comment

Originally posted by crites09 View Post
        Jerome, Matt Jones, Caldwell

Show some love for Jerome... I hope he has progressed finally and show why we took him in the 2nd round. If not Jerome I say its Quan forsure and Briscoe goes to PS
        Jerome at least makes the PS, least thats how i figure it. I know the patience with him has worn thin around here but I doubt they'd let him go this early. Not a 2nd round pick. They HAD to know what they were getting themselves into when they drafted him. Plus, hes probably Chad's replacement for them ideally but its hard to do that when the man's still with the team.

I hope he really breaks out and shows us some flashes this year, but im not gettin my hopes up. Jones and Caldwell are probably the other two in, unless Briscoe really impresses or they don't feel what they have with Quan in the special teams department is replaceable.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Caldwell, Cosby and Jones.

Comment

Now that TO is here this has to be reevaluated again...TO is def getting on the team with the contract he signed.

Comment

Chad
              TO
              AB
              Ship
              Caldwell
              Quan

Briscoe - PS

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

I think the only way Cosby makes the team now is if Pac Man gets cut during camp. Cosby's only role really is as a punt returner and with Pac Man and Shipley both very good return guys there just isn't a spot on the roster especially now that the WR spot is so packed.

Comment

Cosby was a hell of a lot more that JUST a PR guy.
                  He threw like 2 or 3 blocks in the Steelers game on ONE kickoff that helped secure Scott the TD. He is an incredible ST guy all around and I would rather have him than Caldwell.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                    Chad
                    TO
                    AB
                    Ship
                    Caldwell
                    Quan

Briscoe - PS
                    This is the most ideal lineup to me. Quan almost has to stay because of his ST contributions and the fact that he's great friends with Shipley can only make things easier. It would suck having to let go of Simpson, but he hasn't proven really anything as of yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see over the next few weeks.

worker bees can leave
                    even drones can fly away
                    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Briscoe and Caldwell will be our 5/6 receivers I believe though that final spot will be fought over in camp/preseason coming down to Briscoe vs. Jerome. If Shipley didn't book Quan's ticket out, Adam Jones did.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information