Position Battles: DL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position Battles: DL

The spots for the DL could make for the most entertaining battles in camp.

DE:

Known spots: (4)
    Robert Geathers
    Antwan Odom
    Michael Johnson
    Carlos Dunlap

Up for grabs: (1)
    Jon Fanene
    Frostee Rucker
    Rahim Alem

The battle gets interesting because of how Zim wants to use Dunlap the same way he uses Rucker and Fanene. Do we need 3 of them? Dunlap a 2nd rounder is all but a lock. Fanene while awesome last year hasnt done much prior to it. My best guess, Rucker and Alem go and Fanene makes it on for his ability to play DE and DT. Cutting into the number of DT we keep.

DT:

Known spots:(3)
    Domata Peko
    Tank Johnson
    Pat Sims

Up for grabs: (1)
    Geno Atkins
    Orien Harris
    Clinton McDonald

Keeping Fanene really only allows for 1 spare DT since he can do it. And IMO it comes down to Clinton and Geno. I think Geno edges it out in camps and Clinton spends another year on the PS. Which is unfortunate because he is one of my personal favorites.

Forgot to click multi-voting on the poll. My bad.
    Geno Atkins
    44.44%
    Clinton McDonald
    0.00%
    Orien Harris
    0.00%
    Jon Fanene
    55.56%
    Frostee Rucker
    0.00%
    Rahim Alem
    0.00%
    Last edited by Bengals78; 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

I would say Fanene and Atkins forsure.. Clinton McDonald goto PS and hopefully won't get picked up
    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Fanene has to make the roster, that guy came in did his job so well playing both on the end and in the middle. Honestly, this might sound crazy, but I would drop Geathers before I dropped Fanene.

Comment

I don't see how they let go of Rucker either. Maybe they count MJ as a LBer?

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
          Fanene has to make the roster, that guy came in did his job so well playing both on the end and in the middle. Honestly, this might sound crazy, but I would drop Geathers before I dropped Fanene.
          I dont think that sounds crazy at all, Geathers really hasn't contributed much since he signed his contract. With this year being uncapped year, you never know what the FO may do regarding contract moves.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information