No announcement yet.

Training Camp 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the 2 Qb thing. Should be done especially with all the talent we have a WR.

Didn't get to see much of the game except Geno dominating. DVR'd it so I'll catch it later n post some thoughts.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Geno is a manimal, people liked that pick from the get go and he showed why. He's gonna be a gamer. I also love Bernard Scott, and I think it'll be a mistake to use just Benson. Scott looks thicker, faster, and why not utilize both backs to give Benson 18-20 carries and short yardage, and Scott 10 carries as well as 3rd down and passing plays.

That keeps both guys fresh, defenses tired, and I think you have just got to put play-makers on the field and he certainly looks like one.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Watched it at a friends but didn't get to really take it in. I dvr'd it so hopefully I'll catch some tomorrow. Pacman didn't look too bad given the conditions, certainly rusty but not lost.

I really want to watch Michael Johnson some more, seemed to be doing a good job. To see Atkins do that is VERY encouraging, I just love DL depth... Especially with how often they get injured and we need a boost in the event Peko can't play.

Gonna catch more tomorrow but these games can just be brutal sometimes, especially with our defense given how bland the play calls are.

Comment

I was actually kinda surprised by Pacman, he seemed to have pretty tight coverage from what I saw(not much btw). Some of those plays he could just do nothing to stop.

And I agree with what LL said, Scott is a special player. Yea, he might not ever be able to be a workhorse like Ced but he can be a deadly weapon for us if utilized properly. I feel he's more than a scatback though, and could be the #1 in the future if we can't keep Benson around.

More tomorrow...

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Some Pluses and minuses for me

+ M. Johnson was great at LB and DE. He was the real steal of the draft last year and I am glad he performed well tonight. I just hope he keeps it up.

- backup QB's are terrible for us. Honestly I thought after I watched O' sully stink it up I wouldnt see a worse exhibition out of baby Palmer...I was wrong.

+ T.O. wasn't bad early on there. I think the defenses left him slightly more open to see what he would do and he showed him he would catch it.

- Oline looked terrible at times. Whether it was starters or backup I wasnt impressed.

+ Matt Jones and Adam Jones both didnt fair to badly.

- whoever kicked that XP (nugent or rayner) scared the heck out of me

+ Shipley, and thats all I need to say about him.

Comment

IMO Geno stole the show.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                IMO Geno stole the show.
                Geno def won himself a roster spot thats for sure. It will be interesting to see what happens with Matt Jones. He isn't the fastest man out their but he is such a big target I would love to have.

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                  Geno def won himself a roster spot thats for sure. It will be interesting to see what happens with Matt Jones. He isn't the fastest man out their but he is such a big target I would love to have.
                  Ironic because he did run that insane sub 4.4 at the combine. He is a lot faster than he looks and he's so big he can shield off defenders. Keep him on the straight and narrow and he makes a great 3rd or 4th receiver.

Comment

Yea he's pretty god damn fast especially for how big he is. He's a long strider though and doesn't look really fast because of it.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I'm looking to see our offense to do much more tmw than last week. Gresham should get more looks and hopefully our line gives Carson the time he needs. Dunlap will be playing a lot so I will be keying in on him to see how he handles everything. He is really fast off the line, Atkins and him might have some fun tmw.

Comment

Offense looks great so far. The recievers (TO, CJ, Shipley and Gresham) look really good.

The defense just sucks to watch because it's so plain at this point. Hard to take much from it at this point. Gresham and Shipley are REALLY encouraging thus far (8 minutes to go in the 1st).

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Offense looks great so far. The recievers (TO, CJ, Shipley and Gresham) look really good.

The defense just sucks to watch because it's so plain at this point. Hard to take much from it at this point. Gresham and Shipley are REALLY encouraging thus far (8 minutes to go in the 1st).
                          Dont wanna spoil it, but....GENO <3

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

Yeah, I like how Shipley has looked so far. I think that he will be a positive factor in the SLOT.

TO still has game.

I think the Defense looks saltier.

Comment

let me say this- t.o. shouldnt get much credit. most of those passes he caught were gimmes. the offensive coordinator should get credit, he impressed me with his play selection and the routes he drew up for t.o.

you should be terrified about dave rayner. he is going to be a nightmare from 40+ this season. he badly missed that field goal and denver managed to ice him with that 55 yard attempt. in any event, you guys looked good, especially your second and third teams and bernard scott.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                                you should be terrified about dave rayner. he is going to be a nightmare from 40+ this season.

You could easily replace the words 'dave rayner' with 'Shayne Graham'. I agree though, as I was watching I was thinking the kicking game could be a rough one this year.

TO was getting open, more than we could say for our WR's last year. I don't think any of us on here have much reason to go out of our way to complement the generally awful playcalling of Bratkowski.

Again, VERY nice to see Gresham and Shipley playing as well as they did. Those are two HUGE pieces that the team was missing last year. Bernard Scott is looking good, I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with him in the event Benson got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information