Week 3: Panthers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
    Dennis Roland is the worst offensive tackle in football. There, I said it. They need to play Andre Smith and quit all this punishment ******** they're trying to put him through. Yea we get it, the dude's a fat idiot but he definitely gives us a better chance to win than Roland does. That brain fart he had right before the half was inexcusable.
    Yea i totally agree with Roland being terriable he is a good run blocker but he cant pass block to safe his life.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      Had to work for this one... Just watched the first half on DVR and it was pretty rough. I'd REALLY like to blame some of those awful throws on the rain, who knows.

Regardless, Carson needs to get it together. Those numbers from '05 and '06 are starting to become a distant memory. Still, 2-1 with a road win under their belts... Can't complain too much, defense is doing what it needs to do.
      I was at the game and in my opinion the weather shouldn't be the excuse for this bad showing for Palmer. It rained really heavy just before kickoff just as they were finishing their warm ups and then was reduced to a steady drizzle that lasted during Q1, I took my parka off for the rest of the game. Palmer was trying to dial it on the sidelines when they were off the field - practicing throwing the ball, perhaps trying to get a better feel for the ball, who knows? Something is not clicking with our boy and unfortunately I am starting to think that Clarkpa may be right that something is significantly wrong physically with him. Hope not, he is our only hope of succeeding this year.

It was nice seeing all the Bengals jerseys at the game. Our special teams and defense are keeping us in these games. Who Dey for Nugent. Its kinda of nice seeing the kickoffs going into the end zone.

Comment

I'm glad someone else brought up Roland. I didn't want to seem like a i was being negative about everything..lol. I agree its time to stop proving a point by not playing Andre Smith. Its moronic to think Roland is a better tackle then Smith. Roland is athletic but that only goes so far. The fact that your hearing his name is whats so bad. Good offensive lineman never get talked about. Whit isn't the best tackle out there but what tells you he is a solid player is that you never hear name during a game outside of when they tell you the starting lineups. That even goes for the right guard. that should tell you something I'm a huge fan and don't even know the guys name.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
          I'm glad someone else brought up Roland. I didn't want to seem like a i was being negative about everything..lol. I agree its time to stop proving a point by not playing Andre Smith. Its moronic to think Roland is a better tackle then Smith. Roland is athletic but that only goes so far. The fact that your hearing his name is whats so bad. Good offensive lineman never get talked about. Whit isn't the best tackle out there but what tells you he is a solid player is that you never hear name during a game outside of when they tell you the starting lineups. That even goes for the right guard. that should tell you something I'm a huge fan and don't even know the guys name.
          Bobbie Williams is a man beast
          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Oops i meant the left guard...lol. I remember Bobbie is on the right i forgot who's on the left.

Comment

I'm not saying anyone is wrong by any means. I'm right there with you guys when it comes to Carson. I'm just not convinced yet that it's not fixable. Does anyone notice that he throws the ball in the complete opposite direction of Chad's route at least once a game? (This has been happening since 2007).

That has to be a route problem. Either they're not thinking the same thing on option routes or one of them doesn't know the correct route before the play.

Also agreeing with the Roland thought. Physically he's very big and athletic. But he doesn't seem to know what's going on around him. It's not just that hurry up play before the second half either. He often has missed assignments on passing plays.

Lastly, did anyone else notice that Benson ran really well considering the circumstances? Even in that first quarter when he was averaging like 1 yard a carry I thought it was pretty solid. Constantly getting hit in the backfield and having his gaps closed up and yet he still managed to fall forward and get as many yards as he could. Bratkowski needs to stop trying to utilize Chad and TO so much and give Benson the ball a little more (and Scott for that matter).

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
                Oops i meant the left guard...lol. I remember Bobbie is on the right i forgot who's on the left.
                Nate Livings... Man beast in the making haha
                R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information