Week 3: Panthers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3: Panthers

Looks like we play the Panthers next Sunday and they have already named Jimmy Clausen the starting QB... I hope we can secure a W against a struggling team. We have had some bad breaks with rookie QBs in the past so hopefully we confuse the hell out and Jimmy and force a lot of rookie mistakes
    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

You're not kidding about bad breaks vs. rookie QB's. When I heard this I wasn't exactly excited. I still feel sick to my stomach thinking about Derek Anderson's first start and Bruce Gradkowski's second start.

They've been struggling, time to put together a solid game on offense. If the defense takes care of business like they can it's going to be pretty tough for them.

Comment

Please win! :)

Also: Loved Cinci when I went there this past April. Went to the Creation Museum, pretty nice.

Comment

this one started so much faster than the last one lol. Anyways, as we head into this week I hope the coaching staff works on penalties. We would look like such a better team if we didn't bury ourselves into long second and third downs.

Comment

I trust Zimmer's defense holding up and confusing a rookie QB I just hope they don't come in over confident because it is a rookie. Also Bob Bratkowski NEEDS to put together a good game plan because there is no way we shouldn't be able to get a couple rushing and maybe a couple passing TD's this week.

I would like to see some deep play action with a heavy dose of Cedric Benson and Jermaine Gresham.
          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Going to the game Sunday with my daughter. The Charlotte weather outlook is 50% rain so this may change things for us on offense. Feel good about our chances, focus will be on stopping their run and the screens that they like to do. Expect Benson to have a coming out party.

Who Dey

Comment

I figure they will keep 9 in the box most of the game to stop the combo of Williams/Stewart and blitz Jimmy Clausen often to confuse him.

I think are offense will still struggle some this week because Carolina has a decent defense but i hope it will be better then last week.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

yep, like everybody else, just hoping we can victimize Clausen.

RIP ST

Comment

Here we go, hopefully the offense makes some plays
                  R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Offense Line is horriable in Pass Protection and even when Palmer has time Palmer makes terriable throws.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Well that was horrible... at least its a win though. And seriously what the hell is wrong with Palmer
                      R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Even though I had to listen to it on the radio, things sounded pretty ugly. I'm almost happier that I didn't have to see it. Palmer needs to get his **** together.

worker bees can leave
                        even drones can fly away
                        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

I hope that everyone will start believing me when i say Palmer is hurt. I've been on the soapbox since last year trying to tell everyone his elbow is shot and it is the reason his throws have been so bad. What it comes down to is Palmer is having to adjust his throwing motion to help avoid the pain thus causing poor throws. I wish i was wrong about this because i really love his desire and football acumen, but its just not the case. When he was going to 5 different doctors till one didn't say he needed Tommy John surgery that should show how major the damage is.

Now onto the game. I too had to listen since i was deer hunting and i can say by the sound of it I'm glad i didn't have to watch. I might have thrown up. The defense is really playing good after that week one horror show. Thank goodness since the offense has been offensive. Teams are figuring out Palmer cant make all the throws so they are baiting him into throwing more which works out better for them.

Comment

Dennis Roland is the worst offensive tackle in football. There, I said it. They need to play Andre Smith and quit all this punishment ******** they're trying to put him through. Yea we get it, the dude's a fat idiot but he definitely gives us a better chance to win than Roland does. That brain fart he had right before the half was inexcusable.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Had to work for this one... Just watched the first half on DVR and it was pretty rough. I'd REALLY like to blame some of those awful throws on the rain, who knows.

Regardless, Carson needs to get it together. Those numbers from '05 and '06 are starting to become a distant memory. Still, 2-1 with a road win under their belts... Can't complain too much, defense is doing what it needs to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information