The Fire Our Coaching Staff Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fire Our Coaching Staff Thread

I think it is official to say, Marvin has worn out his welcome.
    He has to me at least.
    Same ****, different year.
    Penalties kill us.
    Lack of discipline.
    Personal attitudes over the team.
    Same stuff all these years and it has never changed.

He can take Bob B. with him.
    How many years of run, run, pass in the red zone must we endure before we realize it doesn't work?

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Personally just get rid of Bob Bratkowski for me then everything is good.
    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
      I think it is official to say, Marvin has worn out his welcome.
      He has to me at least.
      Same ****, different year.
      Penalties kill us.
      Lack of discipline.
      Personal attitudes over the team.
      Same stuff all these years and it has never changed.

He can take Bob B. with him.
      How many years of run, run, pass in the red zone must we endure before we realize it doesn't work?
      I have been with u i thought Marvin should have gone awhile back. Wishing we would make a run at Gruden or some high profile coach, but more then likely it will be a promotion from within.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I don't really blame Marvin for anything that happened today. I realize everyone likes to blame the head coach for penalties (he's suppose to run a disciplined squad, I get that) but there is only so much a coach can do before it falls into the player's hands. Guys like Whitworth have had penalties all their career and I have to assume Marvin has at least tried to work with him on it.

Also, run > run > pass does work in the red zone. But only if you're going to control the clock and play good defense. I'll take field goals in the end zone all day when our defense is fresh and can stop the other team. But if we're going to go three and out every drive and have a worn out defense by the 3rd quarter then you're right; run > run > pass doesn't work. Bratkowski is an idiot and has always been unable to adapt to the game at hand.

If we do get a new coach, I either want Zimmer promoted or I want an offensive minded coach that will keep Zimmer around. Our defense is still quite strong and I don't want to disrupt that by bringing in a new regime.

Lastly, 2-2 isn't the end of the world. I'm not in panic mode yet. I realize we have a tough schedule and the Browns should have been an easy opponent for us, but divisional games are always tough no matter how good or bad the two teams are.

Comment

Im not in panic mode but I see another .500 year approaching. It is becoming evident that Marvin isn't that guy. It has been far too long.
          We need to move on. You can say what you want about it being the players, but the penalties in question are 100% discipline issues. False starts, delays.

Then there is time management. Marvin is HORRIBLE at using time outs right. Which translates back to discipline of players getting the play off in time.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

I think you guys should just write a letter to my workplace stating that I need to watch all games so the Bengals can win...I have watched both the Ravens and Panthers games...we won...I have not watched new england or Cleveland...

If only I can watch every game.

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
              I think you guys should just write a letter to my workplace stating that I need to watch all games so the Bengals can win...I have watched both the Ravens and Panthers games...we won...I have not watched new england or Cleveland...

If only I can watch every game.
              haha I also got to stop betting on them... cardinal sin of gambling... never bet on your team
              R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

I'm not in panic mode yet either but I do think Marvin is done here unless they make a deep push into the playoffs. We haven't been real good in all three phases together in one game yet thus far this season. Bratkowski is just horrendous and needs to go like yesterday. This team has too much talent to continue struggling like this.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Can we add all the coachs to the Firing List Yet?

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                    Can we add all the coachs to the Firing List Yet?
                    I give Zimmer more time.
                    He earned it.
                    Today was an abomination without Joseph.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

The penalties are absolutely ridiculous at this point. 12 men in the huddle after a timeout? Really?

Comment

If Josh McDaniels gets fired from Denver this offseason we better pursue him to be our offensive coordinator... just saying

I'm fine with the whole coaching staff but Bratkowski, Palmer didn't play bad although he is FAR from the qb he was, but in McDaniels system you don't need a top 5 QB to do well.
                        Last edited by crites09; 10-24-2010, 11:01 PM.
                        R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Youre OK with a ton of penalties and poor discipline?

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                            Youre OK with a ton of penalties and poor discipline?
                            No that is an area of improvement, but the fact that they came out in the 2nd half firing was good to see and they were executing on both sides of the ball. There was a lot of positives but a lot of negatives as well.

I think the reason there is so many penalties is because they are trying to do to much. Our Oline is outmatched and needs major improvement, Whitworth needs to go back to LG and we need to draft a true LT and get confidence in our oline then if they can get in a groove the penalties will be cut down. All these penalties is simply the individual trying to get the better of the guy across from him.
                            R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

When you are done living in 2006 waiting on those improvements under Marvin, let me know.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information