Congratz Mike Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratz Mike Brown

On being the fastest owner to 200 loses.

Record stands at 106-200-1 as the owner

/Facepalm

RIP themaninblack

That's worth acknowledging.

Very impressively horseshit right there.

My condolences to the city of SINcinnati.

Comment

lol at least we won something
      R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

As mad as we are right now at this franchise, I have hard time blaming Mike Brown for anything this season. He paid like 8 million to Coles, let him walk after a year, 8 million to Bryant and let him walk after a physical (lol) and then paid T.O.

He also got most of our rookies into camp in a timely fashion. Gresham missed like 3 days I think.

Mike Brown messed up in the past, big time. But lately he's been willing to put the cash on the table to fix our problems.

Comment

I'd rather he spent that money on some players that were worth a ****. Or at least hold onto a player that he spent 8 million ******* dollars on for longer than half an offseason. He's a moron.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
            I'd rather he spent that money on some players that were worth a ****. Or at least hold onto a player that he spent 8 million ******* dollars on for longer than half an offseason. He's a moron.
            What good would Antonio Bryant do for us right now?

As far as spending to get players "worth a ****", it's easier said than done. He took risk on Odom and gave him a shot to prove himself without Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Sure it was failure, but at least he tried.

With Coles, no one knew he would be dropping every other pass. I can't blame Mike Brown for what Coles did on the field. He never played like that before he came here.

And lastly with Bryant, he jumped the gun and paid him early so that he wouldn't miss the bus. It's easy to judge him now, but if Bryant had been cleared to play and Mike Brown had been to cautious, he might have signed with another team.

He took some risks, they didn't pay off. He also takes risks in the draft (see: Andre Smith, Rey Maualuga, Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, Bernard Scott, Carlos Dunlap. Also projects like Geno Atkins, Michael Johnson and Chase Coffman recently). These don't always pay off either though, but most of us like the players on that list.

I don't necessarily agree with everything Mike Brown does, but in the last 3-4 years it feels like he's really made an effort to put a winning team out there. He couldn't force Denver to trade us Brandon Marshall. He couldn't force Michael Vick to sign with us. He couldn't force Anquan Boldin to work out in Cincinnati. But when all of those things passed us by this last year, he did make an effort to get a receiver in Antonio Bryant (and then T.O. when the Bryant thing failed).

It's not the players that suck here anyways, it's the coaches. Mike Brown needs to fix this coaching staff.

Comment

Brown's biggest blunder is retaining Bob ******* Bratkowski every season

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                I agree with this statement. I hate Bob Bratkowski soo much

The quick screen works so well in the NFL and usually gets decent yardage and I think we have maybe run it 3 times this year
                R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-284142

RIP ST

Comment

Nobody can defend him after u read this article.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                      Nobody can defend him after u read this article.
                      It would certainly appear this guy doesn't know much about being in charge of an NFL team. I somehow haven't really put the Bengals on par with the worst of the worst in the NFL in the last decade or so but I guess they really have been consistently bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                        This is really all that needs to be said.

He's one of the best owners in the league from a business standpoint, from a fan and actually winning standpoint... Well.... We know how that goes.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information