Is it really this bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really this bad?

Is it really so bad that we have even stopped discussing each game? But then again I guess its just all of us repeating the same things over and over each week so there really isn't a need to start news threads for each game.

I think T.O. said it best "we keep finding ways to lose instead of finding ways to win"

Yes, yes it is.

RIP ST

Comment

What T.O. meant to say is that they never found a way to start games. Only when we're down by 17+ points do we turn it on and start playing like a real team.

Anyways, yes, it's really bad. I like Marvin Lewis, I like Carson Palmer, I like Ochocinco and I like T.O. But I wouldn't be upset if we dropped all of them at the end of the season. I'm ready to start a new era, for better or worse.

Comment

At this point i think more of us are looking foward to the Offseason more then this weeks game.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think when we get a new HC he will bring a new OC with him and keep Zimmer *crossing fingers Zimmer stays* and that they will not bring Ocho or TO back but will keep Palmer around for another year or 2 forsure, Palmer with a new OC that actually knew how to put together a game plan could be good again. He makes some bad throws, it almost seems like he is making 1-3 bad throws a game but those throws are almost always to TO and Ocho... I wonder if we had hungrier more dedicated WR's if that would change.

My dream draft right now is taking AJ Green if available, then a safety in 2, then pass rusher in 3(Greg Romeus draft stock going to fall)...
          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Originally posted by crites09 View Post
            I think when we get a new HC he will bring a new OC with him and keep Zimmer *crossing fingers Zimmer stays* and that they will not bring Ocho or TO back but will keep Palmer around for another year or 2 forsure, Palmer with a new OC that actually knew how to put together a game plan could be good again. He makes some bad throws, it almost seems like he is making 1-3 bad throws a game but those throws are almost always to TO and Ocho... I wonder if we had hungrier more dedicated WR's if that would change.

My dream draft right now is taking AJ Green if available, then a safety in 2, then pass rusher in 3(Greg Romeus draft stock going to fall)...
            At this point i figure Zimmer will be the HC because Mike Brown usually like promote from within plus he will be too cheap to go after a big time HC

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
              At this point i figure Zimmer will be the HC because Mike Brown usually like promote from within plus he will be too cheap to go after a big time HC
              I would be fine with Zimmer as Head Coach.. that man is possessed and wouldn't let stuff slide.. The other good thing about Zimmer would be is that he would hire someone (possibly his son) that shares the same defensive philosophy as him then he would get a competent OC
              R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

I use to think Zimmer would be a great HC candidate for us. But after thinking about it for awhile now, I kind of hope he just stays the defensive coordinator. I'd rather keep him as a defensive coordinator then risk promoting him into something he can't do.

I would be fine with it if it happened, but I would much prefer we bring someone from the outside in. Someone who has new philosophies and a new culture to teach this organization.

Comment

The problem you run into bringing in another head coach is him wanting to have his own staff. It usually never works out great for a coach who has is staff picked for him. I would venture to guess the only way Zimmer is back with the Bengals is if he is the head coach. I would also be shocked if he doesn't get the Bengals head coaching job that someone else in the league doesn't offer him that position. I do feel that Palmer should be kept around to bridge the gap between him and the next quarterback like Kitna did when Palmer was drafted. Plus it may work out if he picks his game up while a youngster developes that the Bengals can get something for him on the trade market.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
                    The problem you run into bringing in another head coach is him wanting to have his own staff. It usually never works out great for a coach who has is staff picked for him. I would venture to guess the only way Zimmer is back with the Bengals is if he is the head coach. I would also be shocked if he doesn't get the Bengals head coaching job that someone else in the league doesn't offer him that position. I do feel that Palmer should be kept around to bridge the gap between him and the next quarterback like Kitna did when Palmer was drafted. Plus it may work out if he picks his game up while a youngster developes that the Bengals can get something for him on the trade market.
                    That's a good point I guess. Again, I'm fine with Zimmer being head coach, but I just don't know if he's best suited for that.

Comment

I wouldn't be against Zimmer as HC, but I swear I read something long ago after Zimmers first season as DC and he generated some buzz about becoming a HC and that he preferred to be a coordinator and just focus on the defense. But I have no link to an article...

Also just a side note... Zimmer has never been a HC at the collegiate or NFL level before...

On another side note... I know his offenses in Baltimore never were that good but he also didn't have a very good QB... Brian Billick for HC with Zimmer as DC.. Billick likes agressive defense's.. see Marvin Lewis' defense and Rex Ryan's defense..
                      Last edited by crites09; 11-17-2010, 06:02 PM. Reason: Thought
                      R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Thinking about this some, I think the Brown family would decide on Zimmer as the next HC. He is someone they know and would feel comfortable with him fitting in with their operating culture verses bringing someone unknown to them from the outside. The risk with Zimmer is if the job is too big for him? We need to turn this ship around now and I don't want to wait around for 2 years to see if he can be a HC. If its him, he needs to replace Brat and that would be interesting to see if he does due to their close relationship.

I'm still not sure that Lewis being gone is a foregone conclusion. Probably is, but you never know with the Brown family.

If we do go outside, I like Gruden. He'd trash Brat and get our O going.

Flying up for the game this weekend. Lets beat the Bills and finish strong against some of these good teams that are teed up for us.

Comment

Just curious on what the Bengals fans think of Carson Palmer and his future with the team if Andrew Luck is available? Or if He isn't?
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            Just curious on what the Bengals fans think of Carson Palmer and his future with the team if Andrew Luck is available? Or if He isn't?
                            Crappy situation, Mike Brown won't want to pay 2 QB's top dollar money. So either we drop Carson to get Luck, or we pass on Luck to keep Carson. The chances of him allowing both to be on the roster is really low.

I'm really indifferent. If we wanna give Palmer another shot year, I can live with that. But I'm ready to move on if the organization is as well.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              I will punch 100 Babies if Luck is there and we pass on him.

But Palmer more then likely stay with the team till his contracts runs up and will be the starter for the majority of that time unless Mike Brown stops being a dumbass anytime soon but i dont see that happening

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information