3rd pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd pick

If the season ends now they have the 3rd pick in the draft. Picking 3rd there are only really a few options right now:

1. Andrew Luck - I think he'll end up being the 1st pick to Carolina but stranger things have happened.
    2. Da'Quan Bowers - The pass rush blows
    3. A.J. Green - T.O. and Ocho may not be back, leaving us with Shipley, Caldwell, Simpson and Cosby as the only 4 on the roster.
    4. Robert Quinn - See #2
    5. Nick Fairley - Probably a reach with the 3rd pick at this point but they really aren't good at either tackle position. Atkins is the only player to show anything.
    6. Patrick Peterson - As a corner if Joseph isn't re-signed. As a safety if he is re-signed.

I'd take Cam Newton if he has a good combine this off season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
      I'd take Cam Newton if he has a good combine this off season as well.
      Have you been drinking?
      Who Dey & Go Bucks
      The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl.

Comment

I would move Green up to 2nd and Peterson to 5th
        Last edited by Pat Sims 90; 11-30-2010, 12:34 PM.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

This team will have many holes to fill after the mass exodus that will occur. Its tough for me to think about the draft at this point. Surely would be nice to get a GM in here to help sort things out for us cause I don't think anyone has a clue how to fix this problem we have.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballGod View Post
            Have you been drinking?
            No, I just like pretty much every QB in this draft. Luck, Newton, Locker & Mallet all seem like they could eventually form into something in the NFL. Mallet is more of a 2nd rounder at this point in my opinion, but depending on how early we pick I would be ecstatic to get any of the other 3.

Comment

Without a complete change in personnel staff, it will not matter who is selected, they are doomed to be Bungalized.

Comment

God I just want a impact safety and impact defensive lineman from the whole draft. With the 3rd pick we should just take AJ cause he will be the BPA. A new QB would be nice but I think we can salvage another year with Carson if he can get some help around him. With Gresham progressing and AJ along with Shipley we can put together a nice offense. We need Russ Grimm to help the O-line cause they have been sucking this year. Maybe he can head a new coaching staff because thats priority #1.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
                  God I just want a impact safety and impact defensive lineman from the whole draft. With the 3rd pick we should just take AJ cause he will be the BPA. A new QB would be nice but I think we can salvage another year with Carson if he can get some help around him. With Gresham progressing and AJ along with Shipley we can put together a nice offense. We need Russ Grimm to help the O-line cause they have been sucking this year. Maybe he can head a new coaching staff because thats priority #1.
                  Priority #1 for me besides New coaching staff is actually build up the OL because no matter who we have back there they will get killed

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I'm an outsider but you guys have a tough situation. You do need an impact DL, but it is frustrating because you have some talented young guys inside and out. Dunlap has potential as does Michael Johnson, but they are very similar so Bowers could make sense. There isn't a safety worth a pick that high, even if you took PP and moved him there in my opinion. There really isn't an OL worth that pick either.

Luck would be awesome after seeing Palmer this year, but he probably won't be there. AJ Green is a big time talent and would be great, but you guys have much bigger issues than WR. Tough spot to be in but I say take an impact DL.

Comment

What's the consensus in here for Cam Newton?
                      Cowboys Mock:
                      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Newton is boom or bust. Perfect pick for Mike Brown. And on ore team that would mean bust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                          What's the consensus in here for Cam Newton?
                          Cam Newton seems like a Mike Brown type player and like i have said before no matter who is behind center for the Bengals they will be terriable because the Bengals Interior OL is pretty bad. Unless the OL is fixed there is no point in them drafting a QB

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                            Cam Newton seems like a Mike Brown type player and like i have said before no matter who is behind center for the Bengals they will be terriable because the Bengals Interior OL is pretty bad. Unless the OL is fixed there is no point in them drafting a QB
                            I have always been a believer in building the trenches and that is what we def need to do...Without protection even the greatest QB's look like crap.

Comment

I just believe that the talent on the O-line is there, they just need to be coached up right. Hopefully Ocho and TO are both gone next year. I believe Caldwell could turn into a Housh type #2 and Ship is a great slot. If we can get AJ I believe he might be the best option. There is 0% chance he busts unless he has a Pollack type injury. Peko is great but we need another Big time DT next to him plus probably another rotational one. I think we just need the right coaching staff first and foremost. I'll take Leslie Frazier, Russ Grimm, John Harbough from stanford, or Gruden. Unfortunately we will miss them all and grab some scrub and be doomed to futility for the next 100 years.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information