Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
    A 3-4 DE fills a need???
    Hes also a penetrating 4-3 UT perfect alongside Peko. I wouldn't mind Darius but my hopes lie in AJ. I think hes the only can't bust prospect with PP a close second. I wonder how PP would feel if he were drafted as a safety. The pay scale for a CB and S are way different and he might not be as welcoming to a switch in position. I wouldn't mind moving Leon to safety either though.

1. Aj Green
    2. Patrick Peterson
    3. Nick Fairley
    4. Marcel Darius

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Green definitely seems like a pretty safe prospect. With Palmer probably sticking around and TO and Ocho looking like they might be on the way out, he could be a really helpful piece for the offense both in the long and short term. Peterson I have the same questions of fit that BengalsPwn brings up, though he's a tremendous athlete. Also nice that he brings some versatility and elite physical ability. Unless he plays safety or JJ leaves, not sure if he fits as big a need as the others. Bowers depends a lot on whether they view Johnson as a DE or SLB in the longer term, I know he's played both. If they want Johnson to play SLB, with Odom's health questions, Bowers could make sense. He and Dunlap would be scary, scary bookends, and drafting pass rushers who can move around a little bit is always good. Fairley's an absolute monster, wonder about him just having one huge season but still he was so good this year.

Do you guys think DE or DT is a bigger need?

Comment

If the question is soley DE vs DT, my vote would be DE. I have given up on Gaithers and Odom so adding a DE makes better sense to me.

Even if JJ stays next year and with a healthy pacman return, I still think our biggest need remains our secondary. Priority need is a SS whether this occurs in the draft or FA. Plus if we go PP, he can be our insurance option at CB since I am unsure if we can pull off signing both JJ and Hall to long term contracts over the next two years.

Comment

I'll be in the minority and say I don't want Peterson with the 4th pick no matter who goes in the top 3.

I don't think corners or safeties are worth top 5 picks. Letting Joseph go and replacing him with a rookie in the top 5 is an insane move. Especially Peterson who is just about all potential at this point. The Bengals have no track record of developing potential.

We know how good our team is with two good corners. It's not very good. Build the d-line to be dominating. One of Fairley, Bowers or Quinn will be there with the 4th pick. Take them.

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
            I'll be in the minority and say I don't want Peterson with the 4th pick no matter who goes in the top 3.

I don't think corners or safeties are worth top 5 picks. Letting Joseph go and replacing him with a rookie in the top 5 is an insane move. Especially Peterson who is just about all potential at this point. The Bengals have no track record of developing potential.

We know how good our team is with two good corners. It's not very good. Build the d-line to be dominating. One of Fairley, Bowers or Quinn will be there with the 4th pick. Take them.
            I think most people would tag or resign Joseph and draft Peterson to play S. I wouldnt want to let Joseph go and sign Peterson to play CB.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information