No announcement yet.

Bengals Mock draft - Including compensation pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would put our present O-line in the top 5 in the NFL and we are going to draft another???They are crazy. Defense!!!!

Comment

LOL I talk to other teams fans and say how while losing Steinbach hurts it's very easy to overcome... They then say it hurts because we have to spend a high draft pick in order to find his replacement oblivious to the fact that we have Andrews and Whitworth who are more than adequate.

If Levi stays healthy the offense will surpass the '05 level and I wouldn't doubt Carson taking home the MVP.

Comment

I was reading Bengals.com and it appears that we will not be taking a LBer with an early pick. Brooks has been working hard and he mentions that he expects Odell will be back and Landon has put on some weight. If all of that comes to pass, we are in good shape at LBer and maybe any talk about Poz, Timmons or Beason is wrong. I hope it's true so we can concentrate on DBs for the first couple rounds. I'd love to be able to go CB, Safety in 1-2.

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott View Post
          I was reading Bengals.com and it appears that we will not be taking a LBer with an early pick. Brooks has been working hard and he mentions that he expects Odell will be back and Landon has put on some weight. If all of that comes to pass, we are in good shape at LBer and maybe any talk about Poz, Timmons or Beason is wrong. I hope it's true so we can concentrate on DBs for the first couple rounds. I'd love to be able to go CB, Safety in 1-2.
          Yea, I saw that as well. But I know from past years, it seems like they use the site as a "smokescreen" on what their true draft plans are. Like you said, I hope it's true.

Comment

I don't think that rules out taking a LB at all. Two years ago we thought we were 'set' for many years but Odell's idiocy and Pollack's injury took care of that. Like the Whitworth pick last year, you can never have enough good players at one position. Landon is signed for one year only at this point I think and Odell cannot be counted on at this point. Taking that into account you have Brooks who is unproven, Miller who just started getting on the filed but has been injured, Johnson who has been steady but injury prone as well and then converted guys like Jeanty and Henderson. If EVERYTHING falls into place that could be a great group, but it also may not.

I believe the basic draft plan will be BPA on defense for sure in rounds one and two - after that probably just BPA but with a defensive leaning so to speak.

Comment

I think they absolutely must get a CB in the first 2 rds.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information