Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, round one is shaping up lovely and given the talent coming in at DE it might be best to just wait off until round 2 for a DE.

Round 1...

Anderson, Moses, Revis or McCauley should be there. Anderson would be a better immediate fit given his build (6'6 280) to play every down but STL or someone else in front of us should be a runner for him. I'm hoping Brohm comes out and that makes one less player we would want go ahead of us (Panthers/St. Louis).

Comment

• I currently have the Bengals in a GM Mock

Any suggestions?

My basis is to switch to a 3-4.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• It would be fantastic if they made the switch but as I posted earlier there are a lot of things that would have to fall into place for that to happen and it doesnt look like some of them will happen. Having said this I think the best picks in order of availability are:
        1 Quentin Moses
        2 Marcus McCauley/Darrelle Revis (I think after the combine we will have a better feel for which will be there)
        3 Victor Abiamiri
        4 Charles Johnson
        5 Michael Griffin

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          Yes, round one is shaping up lovely and given the talent coming in at DE it might be best to just wait off until round 2 for a DE.

Round 1...

Anderson, Moses, Revis or McCauley should be there. Anderson would be a better immediate fit given his build (6'6 280) to play every down but STL or someone else in front of us should be a runner for him. I'm hoping Brohm comes out and that makes one less player we would want go ahead of us (Panthers/St. Louis).
          I honestly don't know if Anderson is going to be there, he's a sick pass rusher and there's talk he could rise after pre-draft workouts and go before Adams.

As for the guys you mentioned before, I'd personally go:
          1. Nelson
          2. Revis
          3. Johnson
          4. Griffin (I was thinking about Abiamiri but I think Griffin is safer)

Not a big fan of Moses or McCauley personally as they didn't produce well this year, but that's just me I guess. What about Glenn Dorsey if he comes out?

I heard somewhere that because of the bad corner play they're considering moving Madieu Williams back to corner (he was a CB/S coming out) so if that's true I guess they could just go best DB available and put Madieu wherever they need him...

Comment

• Where did you see this Madieu rumor at? Wouldn't be the worst decision but I think given his production at saftey it'd be hard to move him back to corner with guys like McCauley and Revis there to be had round 1 (I think the only saftey there will be Griffin).

There's a lot to be decided between now and the draft (Justin Smith and maybe the Madieu move) that would have a large impact on who we take.

Regardless I am extremely confident it will be CB/DE/S.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              Where did you see this Madieu rumor at? Wouldn't be the worst decision but I think given his production at saftey it'd be hard to move him back to corner with guys like McCauley and Revis there to be had round 1 (I think the only saftey there will be Griffin).

There's a lot to be decided between now and the draft (Justin Smith and maybe the Madieu move) that would have a large impact on who we take.

Regardless I am extremely confident it will be CB/DE/S.
              Actually I don't think the Madieu thing was that legit, it was a question I saw at some point. Doesn't make much sense now that I think about it, I'd rather he sticks at safety. What about DT depending on who's available? I agree it should be line or secondary, and tackle may not be that huge of a need but if he's the best DL/DB available I'd at least think about it.

Comment

• There's no real need to pick a DT day one. Domata Peko was the second best rookie DT behind Ngata so he'll start... Then we signed big Sam, there's no reason to take a DT to sit next year when we're on the brink. Plus Marvin isn't a fan of DT's early (he is of CB's though) and he hit success with Peko and Smith/Fanene have potential to become starters.

LB isn't a huge need either, especially given how weak the class is this year. Miller/Brooks/Nicholson all have potential to start at MLB and be productive players. Jeanty is a productive SLB but Brooks could also move in there. Only real issue is WLB but Landon is a solid player and I think there are bigger needs than that slot.

Either way Ahmad Brooks WILL start next year, Pollack got good news, who knows about Odell. I'm sure Jeanty has earned a starting spot as well, he's great in run support. Caleb and Landon are not great but they're solid LB's. There is just no real big need for a LB at this point. I'm not sure what Simmons future is with the team, he might have one more year left in the tank... I thought Hardy may have back in '05 but Marvin cut him so who knows.

The issues at DE and CB are just too big to ignore.

CB we have our #1 Johnathan Joseph.... Then a bunch of question marks. Deltha has lost a lot of respect from Marvin (not because of the DUI but injury) and Tory James is TERRIBLE. Then that leaves Keiwan who is nothing more than a nickel back and some reserves who haven't seen the light of day. Our pass D was #31 for a reason and the pass rush wasn't great but not bad enough to cause them to be that bad, it's because the play of our #2 CB was so terrible.

At DE we have Geathers who still isn't an every down DE and Robinson who isn't anything special. Then Justin Smith is likely gone and he was a productive pass/run defense guy. I don't want Rucker taking that spot, there will be solid DE's to be had round 2 or round 1 so it has to be addressed here.

Comment

• hey i was just wondering how Ethan Kilmer did for u guys this year and what u think about his future in the NFL??

he was a Special teams beast for us at PSU and i was surprised and excited to see him get drafted but i havent seen many bengals games and i was wondering what u guys thought of him.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Hue Jackson is now the Falcons OC.

WOOT

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom
                      hey i was just wondering how Ethan Kilmer did for u guys this year and what u think about his future in the NFL??

he was a Special teams beast for us at PSU and i was surprised and excited to see him get drafted but i havent seen many bengals games and i was wondering what u guys thought of him.
                      He's a special teams beast for us as well. He's had some games at saftey (took a INT to the house vs. Saints) and had a lot of practice at WR.

He's a versitile guy that has a lot of job security given his speed, versitility and effort.

Onto Hue Jackson, I'm glad for him. He's a great motivator and communicates well with his player, I see no reason why he won't succeed as the OC and I wish him well... He earned it.

Comment

• Now all we got to do is can our OC and DC and we will be set for next year. Hopefully we take a great pass rushing DE in the first. There is a reason our corners look bad, its bc we get 0 pressure on the QB unless we blitz w/ our whole front 7. Moses or by some miracle Gaines is still there they should be the pick. In the second if Olsen or Griffin is there I would take one of them. CB is not our biggest weakness. We have JJ and Deltha w/ Keiwan as the nickel. I think SS and DE is the most important issues w/ TE there if the value is right.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

• While the pass rush wasn't great it wasn't the reason our pass D was so bad. We were middle of the road in sacks (16th) and Justin Smith was top 15 in getting pressure on the QB (hurries/sacks).

Tory James is gone, Deltha is back to being average... We must address CB, if Moses/Anderson aren't there then Revis/McCauley should be the pick.

About the assistants... You'd have to think with Jackson getting the OC job at ATL that Bratkowski will stay, while he isn't the best he isn't nearly as bad as Breshnahan. Breshnahan MUST be fired, he cost us several games himself. The Colts game was strictly on him, the players executed but they were executing a terrible game play and he didn't make the proper adjustments within the game.

Comment

• Good we signed Geather to an extension before he became too expensive for us to pay him.

Comment

• Agreed. He is a stud in the making, I was a basher of him before this year but he has impressed me vs. the run and vs. the pass.

More sacks and TFL's than Justin Smith.... AND he's 4 years younger. That tells you who we should've re-signed...

I hope we pay all 33 mil, that means he's a beast and reached all of his incentives.

Comment

• This would be my dream starting defense for next season:

RCB-D. O'neal
                                LCB-J. Joseph
                                FS-M. Williams
                                SS-D. Jackson
                                WLB-A. Nicholson
                                MLB-O. Thurman
                                SLB-A. Brooks
                                RDE-D. Pollack
                                NT-D. Peko
                                UT-S.Smith
                                LDE-R. Geathers

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.