This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rickscott
    Remember Marvin wants Safeties that are versatile. Roy Williams wouldn't play here ideally because he is very one dimentional. A guy that can run, cover, hit and tackle is what we're looking for. I think Nelson or Griffin or Landry would work well here and probably Merriweather too
    That's the thing though, I don't see Rouse as only an in the box guy. He's not like Piscitelli, Wendling, Peters etc. He's shown potential in coverage and he can stick with WR's in coverage... He considered Thomas Howard to Saftey although I'll admit he showed more potential in coverage and more speed than Rouse will probably show but I still think Rouse can be successful in coverage.

Immediately though there are for sure other safties to be had 4th round that could contribute.

I'm really unsure what we'll take 2nd round if CB is the 1st rounder. Ideally one of the safties will fall and we take them in the 1st then Fred Bennett or another CB in the 2nd.

Comment

• Ideally we get laron landry in rd 1 and a shut down CB in rd 2. Will it happen no. but hey a guy can pray

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• micheal griffin really stands out to me as a guy who is something marvin is looking for. does anyone else think that Ethan Kilmer could be an answer at safety? i really like this kids' skillset and hes blazingly fast and showed he's not afraid to hit. marvin might not even be looking to get a safety on draft day unless he's BPA. madieu, kk, dexter, and kilmer are all pretty good players and maybe he thinks kilmer could be an option? anyone else think about this?

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• i think kilmer is a stud. do i think he can play NFL safety on a week to week basis? probably not.
          He is easily our best special teamer and I hope he can learn to return for us.
          Kilmer could be a better nickel back than Keiwan in a year or so

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

• Yeah I don't see Kilmer ever being a starter but he's great for ST.

You know, I always just kind of assume we take a saftey if a solid one is there but I guess I'm jumping the gun. IMO we should take one and get the future of saftey figured out... We'll probably need a new one after next year and KK isn't the answer as a starter (he's a good backup).

I'm curious to see what numbers Griffin puts up at the combine, his stock isn't far from being good at 18... Who knows. Saftey in the 1st and CB in the second would be sweet because in theory a first round saftey will be a playmaker.

Comment

• griffin is also a stud special teamer with i think like 7 punt blocks in his career.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• if we go solely by BPA in the 1st round instead of a pressing need who could you see us picking up that we havent thought of thus far?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• We haven't really mentioned Lawrence Timmons a lot. Really most of it depends on what Marvin/Mike Brown intend to do with Odell. If they don't see Odell starting in the future and if they would be willing to sit Landon and put Timmons at WLB.

Maybe Jarvis Moss if he's there (despite Franchising Justin), but I'm not so sure that happens now.

I'm sure Marvin loves the fact that Griffin is a solid ST guy, that's a big requirement out of him.

Comment

• is it possible we pick up alaima francis from hawaii? i like this guy and when i watched him he flat out dominated people.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• its possible. i like him too.
                      he;s big and quick. he could move inside on passing downs for sure

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• He's one of my favorites but it all depends on how his stock does. Some people have him falling to the 4th but I don't see it happening.

Comment

• ya, unfortunately i see him moving up to the 2nd possibly and i doubt we'd go for him there.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I still like Dan Bazuin and I think following the combine, we'll see him move up too. A MAC guy but he's a solid football player and a guy that could help us especially if he would slip to the 4th rd as some have him.

Comment

• ya i like bazuin as well.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Aaron Rouse weighed in at 210... 4.4 time for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information