This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
    I think CIN takes Houston, Revis, Beason, Poz, Willis, or Timmons. I say Beason, but I wouldn't be surprised if its Poz.
    At this point it looks like BPA. Revis depends a decent amount on what he runs, Houston might be a possibility. Timmons I think has a very solid chance, I don't think Poz will.

Comment

• any chance we go offense if someone good falls?

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• you have got to be ******* me! the day i get my avatar the board gets changed!

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
          any chance we go offense if someone good falls?
          I very strongly doubt it. Only guy with any chance IMO is Marshawn Lynch. Levi Brown wouldn't really be worth it, no guards worth 18 and WR shouldn't even be (and won't be) considered. So... I highly doubt it. I'm not so sure about round 2 though but I hope not.

And I sure like how they spelled they misspelled Cincinnati in the main thread.

Comment

• ya we should get them to change that. as for the combine today, my boy charles johnson didnt run as well as i thought he was going to but did have an impressive vertical jump and bench numbers. willis ran really well, okoye had a 5.00 which is pretty impressive. i weigh 265 and maybe run a 5.00 lol.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Tomorrow we see Houston/Revis/Rouse.

I'm hoping Landry/Nelson do a little less than expected so that they could fall. I'm also curious to see what Griffin does.

Comment

• i really think we should trade down some spots to get griffin if possible and maybe get a 3rd round pick! i really want griffin tho and i think he's gonna move up with his numbers so that may not be possible. i still want him at 18 though over almost anyone. love his aggressiveness and cover ability.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Nelson ran a lot slower than everyone expected, does this mean he isn't as fast or will it more likely mean that he could fall to us at 18.....

Comment

• He ran a 4.45 today... not bad.

Chris Houston ran a 4.32, I've been waiting for his value to be good at 18 and now I think it is.

Revis/Rouse didn't run, Leon Hall ran a 4.39, Johnathan Wade 4.38, Fred Bennett only 4.46, Laron Landry 4.35 (No chance for him for sure now) and Reggie Nelson only ran a 4.53 so he might be there to be had.

Comment

• Not sure if Houston is going to be there at this point, he may be a fast riser and could be gone soon after Hall. Todays times really hurt the chances of the Bengals getting a top corner since it seems all the top guys ran very well and either solidified their status as top half of the first round guys or moved into that range. Nelson is the only guy I can think of that increased his chances of being a Bengal. Revis could be there if he runs poorly at his pro day though. Seems like a safety/LB could be the most likely pick at 18 after today.

Comment

• Where did all the Charles Johnson love? He didnt do all that great at the combine and couldnt even outrun his teammate Moses. So much for him running faster than every other DE there. Im still rooting for a DE round 1 cause thats the only way our defense will ever improve. You guys all think keeping Justin was like not letting go of the greatest DE ever. He doesnt solve any probelms with the pass rush. I dont care if you got Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, Chris McCalister, and Bob Sanders in the secondary, if you cant produce a pass rush they will get ripped to shreds. Ask Chicago how there defense did after they got 0 pressure on Peyton after the first 5 ******s of the game.

edit: the word mi nutes is censored..... thats weird.
                        Last edited by BengalsPwn; 02-27-2007, 07:08 PM. Reason: correction

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

• What are thoughts on trading down/up here? I wonder if a trade down would make sense if there's nobody jumping out at the Bengals or even multiple guys available, especially to pick up the lost third. And I believe they have shown a willingness to trade down, didn't they give up the pick St. Louis took Steven Jackson with and nab Chris Perry later in the first a couple years back? Might make sense if there are a few equally rated defensive players on the board. Just curious as to what your thoughts are. Trading up I figure is very unlikely but who knows.

Comment

• The year we took Perry we actually traded down twice (Once in a trade for Deltha O'Neal and again to get Perry). Marvin is big on trading back if there isn't good value at a spot but the main thing is gonna be finding someone willing to trade back in the first place.

Comment

• Aaron Rouse timed in at 4.52 on his 40.
                              He could be a rd 2 safety.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• BengalsPwn... You cited our problem exactly. We don't send LB's/S's on blitzes... Kind of like the Bears did. You can't rely on your front four to get pressure every time.

Last year Tory James was giving gigantic cushions because he was entirely too slow so it was just pitch and catch for the other team. Good teams with the pass rush BLITZ! We don't, in the few games we did the defense was more successful. Against Denver they sent a lot of blitzers with a decent amount of success, it was the one big play to Walker and TO's that killed us though.

DE is not the root of our problems. It's bad defensive schemes and our CB's (James/Deltha) getting burned last year (on short routes, not where they had to cover forever). We have big money invested in Geathers/Smith and a 3rd rounder just last season invested in Rucker. Whether you want us to go DE or not it isn't going to happen unless say Jamaal Anderson fell.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information