Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bengals just cut Brian Simmons so just maybe a LBer is the choice on draft day. Hopefully Odell comes back healthy and ready and Pollack too.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      The year we took Perry we actually traded down twice (Once in a trade for Deltha O'Neal and again to get Perry). Marvin is big on trading back if there isn't good value at a spot but the main thing is gonna be finding someone willing to trade back in the first place.

True I had forgotton about the trade to get Deltha. So in theory, a trade down is definitely a possibility, but a trade up not so much. I figured as much, just wanted to confirm. Who could Marvin have his eye on at LB? Beason, Timmons, Willis? Or maybe a second round guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by rickscott View Post
        The Bengals just cut Brian Simmons so just maybe a LBer is the choice on draft day. Hopefully Odell comes back healthy and ready and Pollack too.
        How was Simmons this year. A few years ago I remember he was a very underrated and good player. Is he someone who could still make an impact? I also was wondering about Pollack. Is he going to play next year. He is one guy whos career does not deserve to be cut short.

Comment

• Bengals | S. Smith receives draft-status tender offer
          Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:35:17 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have officially announced making a draft-status tender offer to restricted free agent DL Shaun Smith. Since Smith joined the team as an undrafted free agent, the draft-status tender means any team can sign Smith to an offer sheet without compensating the Bengals.

Bengals | Miller receives draft-status tender offer
          Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:31:47 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have officially announced making a draft-status tender offer to restricted free agent LB Caleb Miller. Any team that signs Miller to an offer sheet in free agency would have to compensate the Bengals with a 2007 third round draft pick, the equivalent to the round Miller was originally drafted in.

Bengals | L. Johnson receives draft-status tender offer
          Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:28:47 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have officially announced making a draft-status tender offer to restricted free agent LB Landon Johnson. Any team that signs Johnson to an offer sheet in free agency would have to compensate the Bengals with a 2007 third round draft pick, the equivalent to the round Johnson was originally drafted in.

Bengals | G. Brooks receives draft-status tender offer
          Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:22:54 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have officially announced making a draft-status tender offer to restricted free agent CB Greg Brooks. Any team that signs Brooks to an offer sheet in free agency would have to compensate the Bengals with a 2007 sixth round draft pick, the equivalent to the round Brooks was originally drafted in.

Bengals | Larson receives second-round tender offer
          Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:19:56 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have officially announced making a second-round tender offer to restricted free agent P Kyle Larson. Any team that signs Larson to an offer sheet in free agency would have to compensate the Bengals with a 2007 second round draft pick if the Bengals refuse to match the offer.

Bengals | Andrews receives second-round tender offer
          Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:14:35 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have officially announced making a second-round tender offer to restricted free agent OL Stacy Andrews. Any team that signs Andrews to an offer sheet in free agency would have to compensate the Bengals with a 2007 second round draft pick if the Bengals refuse to match the offer.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Wow. A lot of news.

I didn't think we would cut Simmons. Not because of ability but the experience and prescence he provided in the locker room. He was one of the big leaders in the locker room and we have zero vets at LB anymore. I'm actually pretty shocked... We lose nothing in quality (I never figured him into the starting lineup next year) but Marvin always talks about keeping the guys that have been around instead of going with the next best new guy. I'm actually kind of bothered by it, sucks to see a guy go that gave his all in our crappy years only to get cut when things got best. The Simmons/TKO draft is what got me into the draft as a whole and when I really started to get into the Bengals.

Stacy Andrews getting a second round tender says a lot about how he's progressed... Without a doubt he's the future of RG, may even start late this year.

Landon getting a 3rd round tender tells me Marvin isn't locked into him being a starter.

I don't get why Shaun Smith doesn't play more, the drafted tender bothers me because anyone can sign him... I really think he has a solid future at DT.

Ahmad Brooks will be the opening day starter at MLB or SLB.. I'm extremely happy for that. Now it just depends on whether we take a guy like Willis for MLB or leave Jeanty at SLB and take a guy like Timmons to put him at WLB. There's all kinds of options. Regardless I trust Marvin completely when he's dealing with LB's. Hopefully Odell gets a final chance and makes the most out of it, that there is like a 1st rounder.

Comment

• cutting simmons shocked me as well. Always liked the guy and while he's no longer the player he once was his leadership ability is unquestioned. regardless, he's still an able starter on another team. i think all this really does is shows marvin's belief in ahmad brooks and that odell will be back. i doubt he would've done this had he not been certain those two would be back. im also fairly certain pollack will be back towards the end of next year unless something sets his rehab back. i don't understand the shaun smith thing though because he and domata peko are the future of our interior dline and both could be excellent players. they need to keep stacey andrews but i would love to see some more draft picks for caleb and landon because im not sold on them though we should try to keep one of the two.

^A Bonekrusher production^
              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• The moves yesterday show me that Marvin/Brown are doing what they feel it takes to take this team to the next level.

Marvin always showed faith in Landon because of his consistency but I think Marvin realizes how consistently average he was and he wasn't willing to sign him long term to some big deal and I think if someone matches his offer sheet that he will be allowed to walk and WLB will be addressed in the draft.

I really really really hope no one takes Smith. It worries me that Marvin is unsure of him because of how low that tender is, maybe not though.

Comment

• I was reading in the Free Agent tracker thread, and saw that Brian Simmons was released. But, it listed him as an ILB, not an OLB as I remember him as. Is that a typo, or did he play MLB last year, and if so, how well did he play? From the past few posts, I guess ya'lls consensus is that he's not as good as he once was, but was a great leader on the team. Thats the kind of player the Titans need, that is, if he plays MLB. We still have a young team, and our only MLB on our roster will be Stephen Tulloch, who's only going into his second year. Tulloch may be our future at MLB, so the job is his to lose, but a some competition from a veteran may be really good for him.

So I guess what I really wanna know is, how good was Simmons if he played at MLB last year? Thanks.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• He's played a million positions. He's best suited for WLB but was forced to MLB via Odell and injuries. He also played SLB.

He never was amazing but in his prime he was very steady and consistent. Now he's not the best LB on our team and for sure not the youngest so he was expendable in that sense. Great locker room guy though.

Comment

• I always liked Simmons more than Takeo Spikes if that tells you anything. While he wasn't as highly touted he was still a stud for years here when the team was terrible. I think if he had been on a better team with at least a decent line at the time he was drafted he wouldve been one of the top linebackers in the NFL for years. I love him and I'm sad to see him go because I've always backed him and been a huge fan but I realize and so does he that he isnt the future hear. His contributions to Bengaldom shall not be forgotten and IMO he's one of the better linebackers in our teams history. Anybody who invests in him is going to get a solid starter for at least one year but his leadership is what will really make him a valuable asset to any team in need of such a thing. He's versatile and still athletic and seems to come up with BIG plays at times.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Hopefully we can sign FA TE Randy McMichael. He is a great TE and can fill the gap there so we dont have to draft one. Being that all I get to see here is Dolphins games I can tell you he is a top 5 TE in the league. He is a true playmaker. He drops the easy pass sometimes but can make things happen.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
                          Hopefully we can sign FA TE Randy McMichael. He is a great TE and can fill the gap there so we dont have to draft one. Being that all I get to see here is Dolphins games I can tell you he is a top 5 TE in the league. He is a true playmaker. He drops the easy pass sometimes but can make things happen.
                          I don't want a wife beater who's looking for big money. Kelly is way more important to team chemistry and he's a blocker, McMicheal won't want to block anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                            I don't want a wife beater who's looking for big money. Kelly is way more important to team chemistry and he's a blocker, McMicheal won't want to block anymore.
                            DING DING DING!!!!
                            we have a winner!
                            i agree 95% with you
                            the other 5% wants a Pass Catching TE...damn guilty pleasures

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• it would be nice to have a pass catcher. Kelly i think is actually pretty capable of catching some passes we just obviously dont choose to utilize him. Something i think we should consider to take some heat off the WRs.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                                it would be nice to have a pass catcher. Kelly i think is actually pretty capable of catching some passes we just obviously dont choose to utilize him. Something i think we should consider to take some heat off the WRs.
                                I think that's what they're molding Ghent/Day for, either one should end up coming in occassionaly next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information