Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a nice article on Eric Henderson on Bengals.com concerning his switch to OLB. He's lost some weight and is studying alot of film and meeting with Ricky Hunley. There seem to be more than a few who think he can become a solid LBer in the mold of A. Thomas as Shaun Smith mentioned. They mention his college stats compared to Mario Williams, also of the ACC, the #1 pick by Houston, and E. Henderson's are better .Wouldn't that be nice if he came through this year with all the problems we've had at LBer ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rickscott View Post
      There's a nice article on Eric Henderson on Bengals.com concerning his switch to OLB. He's lost some weight and is studying alot of film and meeting with Ricky Hunley. There seem to be more than a few who think he can become a solid LBer in the mold of A. Thomas as Shaun Smith mentioned. They mention his college stats compared to Mario Williams, also of the ACC, the #1 pick by Houston, and E. Henderson's are better .Wouldn't that be nice if he came through this year with all the problems we've had at LBer ?

That was surprising to hear but hey I will take a A.Thomas clone any day! Jeanty made a pretty smooth transition as did Pollack before injuries. If they had a starting LB group of Brooks, Henderson and Jeanty, man, that is some beef.

Comment

• Now I'm curious about how the LB situation is going to turn out.

Henderson seems to have a lot of potential and Jeanty was solid last year (in his rookie season).

Then you have a question mark with Odell, if he isn't allowed significant time then Odell goes to MLB. However if Odell does come back, Ahmad has to be allowed to find the field but SLB doesn't seem like the best spot. He can play any LB position but I'm not so sure WLB isn't a waste of his talents.

Either we're drafting a WLB (Beason/Timmons/Rufus Alexander/Durant) or no LB, that I'm sure of.

Comment

• Well Tarell Brown just got arrested again so I better take him out of my mock.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
            Well Tarell Brown just got arrested again so I better take him out of my mock.

Man, some of these guys never learn...on another note, is there a reason Caleb Miller does not play WLB? He is smallish but fast. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

• is robert geathers gonna start for you guys next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                is robert geathers gonna start for you guys next year?
                Yeah because he is comming off a a career year with 10 1/2 sacks.
                we will be back in 15 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                  Is there a reason Caleb Miller does not play WLB? He is smallish but fast. Just thinking out loud.
                  Actually that's what he was drafted as. It's just that Landon couldn't hold up at MLB and has been so consistant at WLB. Either way I think he's just as productive at either spot.

Comment

• Now that we will most likely trade Deltha to Atlanta, we might have to draft a CB in the first.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

• Linebackers on the roster: Landon Johnson, Caleb Miller, Rashard Jeanty, Eric Henderson, AJ Nicholson, Ahmed Brooks, Jason Berryman, Marvin Frazier and Odell Thurman. Frazier is strictly Spec Teamer, I can't se Berryman and Henderson both successfully converting from DE to LB and Berryman has had lots of legal troubles so I think he doesn't make it. Nicholson was a flop last year so there's a good chance he won't make it. Odell is certainly on shaky ground too. With all of these question marks, I think LBer will surely be a position that we address early in the draft.

Comment

• According to cbs.sportsline.com:

"According to the Dayton Daily News, the Bengals could trade franchise-tagged defensive end Justin Smith to get more picks in the April 28-29 NFL draft. The Bengals only have two first-day picks in the first (No. 18) and second (No. 49) rounds and Smith's sacks production doesn't match his salary."

Comment

• I would cry in happiness if we could move him for any first day pick. I bet if Jamaal Anderson drops to us we pick him and dump Justin's sorry behind.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRich28 View Post
                            According to cbs.sportsline.com:

"According to the Dayton Daily News, the Bengals could trade franchise-tagged defensive end Justin Smith to get more picks in the April 28-29 NFL draft. The Bengals only have two first-day picks in the first (No. 18) and second (No. 49) rounds and Smith's sacks production doesn't match his salary."
                            That is interesting, I'd like to know what kind of picks they're going after.

A mid/early 2nd would be amazing but I'd doubt that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              That is interesting, I'd like to know what kind of picks they're going after.

A mid/early 2nd would be amazing but I'd doubt that happening.
                              Speculation only, but perhaps a swap of 2nd round picks with a team like Atlanta or Minnesota, with that team including a 3rd round pick as well? I have not checked any of the numbers in the trade value chart to see how they line up as to Smith's overall value, but this is just a hypothetical situation I am presenting.

**EDIT
                              I went to the trade value chart and worked some of the numbers:

Atlanta - 2nd round (#39 from HOU - 510) & 3rd round (#75 - 215) - total - 725
                              Cincinnati - 2nd round (#49 - 410) & Smith (difference of 315)
                              -or-
                              Minnesota - 2nd round (#41 - 490) & 3rd round (#72 - 230) - total - 720
                              Cincinnati - 2nd round (#49 - 410) & Smith (difference of 310)

Each of these trades would put Smith at the value of a late 2nd round pick, in the #58/#59 range.
                              Last edited by TRich28; 04-17-2007, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• I would be shocked if the Bengals got much for Smith, (I think a 2nd Round Swap/3rd Round pick would be nice). I think the Bengals get that 3rd round pick only if they drop significantly in the 1st round, and thats only if they find a partner.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information