Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odell(even if he is half the player he once was) and ahmad in the middle with a big fat NT in front of them would be downright scary.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I think personell wise we are more suited for the 3-4 than the 4-3.We would only need an NT if we switched the the 3-4 but we would need an NT and a DE if we stayed with the 4-3.

Comment

• I agree Fanene and Peko could both be DEs and even Rucker who's at about 280 could work there also. There is a big kid out of Auburn that may come out that could be in the NT size also to add to our early options. I actually hope to see us draft 2 310 plus DTs in the first day. We must cut Thornton and Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by lost33cause View Post
          I think personell wise we are more suited for the 3-4 than the 4-3.We would only need an NT if we switched the the 3-4 but we would need an NT and a DE if we stayed with the 4-3.
          I agree. It's easier to generate a pass rush out of the 3-4 as long as you have a halfway creative DC, with the 4-3 it's more how talented your DE's are and they cost big money.

I think Peko would be a good 3-4 DE, between Rucker/Fanene and the dinosaurs we have they could take up the other DE spot. Obviously our biggest need is a NT then some depth at LB.

Good all around 4-3 DE's aren't easy to find and they're so important to a 4-3 defense, good 3-4 OLB's are easier to find and can be had in later rounds as well.

I will be very happy to see a swap to 3-4, if the new DC is a 3-4 guy then I'm happy even if it's not Ryan.

Comment

• I know that the idea of chad being traded has gotten a lot of talk over the last few months, but this was just recently on cinci express via rotoworld. Take it for what it's worth i guess; I don't beleive a thing thats published anymore until it's made official by the team, but i figured i'd share it with you guys.

Chad Johnson said on ESPN's Mike and Mike show Friday that he feels he was mistreated by the Bengals' organization last season.
            "I was labeled selfish and a cancer, and it hurt," he said. "Fingers were pointed at me this year. If the team and the organization wants to further itself, I think you need to get rid of the problem. It hurt me. To do me that way and not to have my back. Things were said, and nobody came to my defense." That's pretty close to a trade demand. The situation between Johnson and the Bengals is set up to get ugly this offseason. J

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Since the season ended Marvin and Carson have defended him, this is nothing that can't be fixed.

With that said, if someone pony's up a 1st rounder then I'm all over it (assuming they have at least some faith in Henry). TJ is the most important WR on the team hands down. I don't think it'd come down to it but I'm not opposed to trading him.

We're like the Ravens are at LB, we can get rid of a WR and bring in the next guy who will produce.

I hope it doesn't come down to that though.

Comment

• i would hate to see him go on such terms.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I wish someone would just tell him to stop being a p u s s y.

Comment

• In all honesty, what would a Jets, Bengals trade look like involving Chad Johnson? I don't think you guys would do Vilma straight up, but I also don't think Vilma + Coles is fair for us....
                    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• I also don't think its going to happen at all. You know what kind of cap hit we would take? Chad is signed through 2011. We would be bending over backwards and taking it if we traded him. Consider that and his production, then with Brown saying Chad will be here through his contract it means hes staying.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd say there's a good 95% chance he stays. A contract dispute would be the only thing that could let us allow him to leave.

Comment

• i dont see him going anywhere either. i love chad and i understand what he said but i don't think that was something the bengals did to him as much as it was ESPN and other media outlets. it was pretty terrible how they tried to make him look like the bad guy this year.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Marvin said in the press conference today that he's not going anywhere, only furthers the fact that he'll stay here.

Comment

• Came here to find out CJs availability. Thanks guys, that cleared that up. I dont know why Cincy would trade him anyways. WR do not have good value in the trade market. I think he would get you guys a 2nd rounder, and that would be a bad deal for you guys

I guess the BUcs coud pursue Fitzgerald or Roy wiLLIAMS, we have tons of money and no big contracts so we are in as good a position to make a bigi move like this as anyone. If we cut Kevin Carter, Greg Spires and Chris Simms that puts us 39 mil under the cap

Comment

• I think we could've got a 1st rounder for him (look what the 'phins got for Chambers)... Doesn't matter at this point. I think the cap hit was the biggest concern.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information