This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SC Igniter View Post
    My take away on where we stand so far - good reviews across our Defense and with Palmer/Receiving corps (less Simpson or TE's). No real mention of RB or OL at this point other than Cook and Whitworth, anxious to see how this develops, this will be key to our O as everything indicates our passing will be off the charts should this occur...
    People have been talking about Cedric. Apparently he's been impressive for th team and they look forward to him knowing all the plays this year, rather than half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
      People have been talking about Cedric. Apparently he's been impressive for th team and they look forward to him knowing all the plays this year, rather than half.
      Carson has been high on him all offseason.

Comment

• Hey Guys, I always read the boards and decided it needs some more Bengal love.

How do you guys feel about Jerome Simpson? Personally, I am not impressed with him. I was happy last year when we got him, but it looks like he hasn't progressed all that much. WR went from being a position of need to one of our strongest stiffest positions. We have Ocho, Coles, Henry, Caldwell that are locks. How many WR's make the 53 man? I like Quan Cosby and "Downtown" Freddie Brown they already show more then Simpson but the upside is ridiculous for Simpson. So what do you think?
        R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• I'm not worried about him at this point and I think much is being made about nothing right now. If it comes down to him, Cosby, and Brown I don't think he's got much to be concerned with in all likelihood. I could, however, see them placing him on the PS if he is rly doing that bad and just needs to be able to focus on his own stuff. That would be pretty extreme but they did cut Sherry, Purify, and Urrutia IIRC so there is room for him. It would probably unleash all hell in Bengaldom but it could be good for him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• It's really a shame Henry has the unreliable label attached to him, because if he didn't then we could have used him to step into TJ's position and not signed Coles, which would make room for the back end of our depth chart. I'm not upset we got Coles, but I was sort of looking forward to the youth movement at receiver we had going.

Comment

• While I'm certainly not thrilled with the progression of Simpson, when he was drafted I figured it would be a good 3 years till we started to see the desired results. I will only be worried about him if he doesn't produce in year 3.

It seems almost sure that Chad, Coles, Caldwell and Henry will be the big 4 receivers with Henry/Caldwell battling it out for PT. Simpson has a roster spot, no doubt but I still don't expect a lot from him this season.

I was a little unsure about our WR's heading into this season but with Henry apparently getting his head on half straight, I'm pretty confident.

My real concerns now lie with the offensive line. I think the defense and skill players on offense are good enough to get us to the playoffs, the Oline just has to protect Carson so they can get things done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                It's really a shame Henry has the unreliable label attached to him, because if he didn't then we could have used him to step into TJ's position and not signed Coles, which would make room for the back end of our depth chart. I'm not upset we got Coles, but I was sort of looking forward to the youth movement at receiver we had going.
                Coles has always been one of my fav WR in the NFL. I am very glad the Bengals signed him and wouldnt have it any other way. Also it is better to be stacked at WR than simply be doing well at WR. There are very few teams our there that have a WR corp as deep as ours.

Comment

• It's not that I've given up on Simpson. Just my worry is that the way Hobson makes it sound from the Bengals website is that he is regressing and struggling with the adjustments to playbook. If he is making all these mental mistakes in mini camp in tshirt shorts and helmet what is going to do with pads on?

The concern with the Oline soley lies on Kyle Cook. I like the way they talk him up and I really how he does good. We couldn't have asked for a better start to the year with a new C taking the reigns though. We play Denver (first year in 3-4) then Green Bay (first year in 3-4). After these two games Cook can at least have some experience against the NT's. Then we pray he holds up against Hampton, then Rogers THEN Ngata. I see us 3-2 after the first 5 games. Wins against DEN, GB and CLE. After Cook has these games past him and gains confidence in his abilities I have no worries about the Oline.
                  R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• I think there are more outstanding issues with our OL other than just the C position. I like Whitworth's tough attitude, but he stills has a lot to prove to be a top performer at LT, so one can argue this is just has important as settling the C position question mark with our OL. We need to give Palmer the time he needs. Also, Andre Smith is still a wild card in my mind at the pros, I hope he will dominate at RT but there still is a big jump that he needs to make to the next level. Also I am worried about a prolong holdout with him that can affect his development during training camp.

Comment

• I am fine the T positions. When Whitworth did play LT he did well as did Anthony Collins. I was hoping Whitworth would stay inside at G though because that is a weak position for us. I see us drafting a G early next year.
                      R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• Yea Im not rly worried at all with Whitworth at LT. While I would still like to see Anthony Collins in there instead of Nate Livings(not rly a knock on Nate though) Whitworth is simply one of the better/best offensive lineman in this league. I hope Cook can hold down the middle better than Guychick and it seems hes got the mental part which is really the MOST important thing with Centers. He's also got bull strength and appears to have quite the nasty streak. I wouldn't be surprised if he's our Center for more than this year and if he's not the answer we have a nice insurance policy in Luigs.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I am not bashing Whitworth but I think the jury is still out on him handling the pass rush for the whole season. His agility is suspect and I just don't have him in the best OL category at this time. He will have his shot this year at LT and I really hope he can pull it off. He is a guy who you want to succeed because of his intensity. I think you can poke holes across our OL. All I am saying is that Cook (or the Center position), Andre Smith and Whitworth are question marks for me going into training camp.

Comment

• Yah our O-line is something to worry about, but I also believe it's the only thing we really need to worry about right now. TE and DE are a little suspect, and possibly fullback (though hopefully we don't do many formations that involve a fullback). But for the most part, if we get the O-line working we can really run the clock with Cedric and hopefully put some points on the board.

Comment

• I read SN the other day and they have us taking Carlos Dunlap at 6 next year (they just used this years draft order)

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                                I read SN the other day and they have us taking Carlos Dunlap at 6 next year (they just used this years draft order)
                                I'd be ok with that depending on how Geathers performs this year. Hopefully we're not drafting top 10 again though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information