Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think we go after DE next year until later in draft because there is already so much tied up in DE and with MJ here I just don't see it happening. I think they go OL again next year.
    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• Bruce Friggin Campbell would make my day. Move him inside to guard just to make room for him.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• I read about where Andre Smith is wanting to get a deal done to be in camp on time. It made me happy at first but then I realized, who wouldn't feel that way.

Given our FO's long history of not getting deals done on time, I can't help but feel like this is going to be another hold out... Mostly given how high the pick was and the money he'll be guaranteed.

I really think it's huge for our season to get him in camp on time. Given the question marks surrounding our Oline, we have to have everyone there and getting ready.

I'm gone for the weekend but man, training camp can't get here fast enough.

Comment

• I want him in camp from day one as much as the next guy but at the same time I realize its not as crucial as most positions to have him there right from the start. Having played OL for a long time I can tell you that there is very little difference in scheme at any level. He will be fine if he misses a week or 2 and we shouldn't get crazy worked up about it. If he can get a couple of weeks of TC and some time in preseason games I'll be happy with it. I just don't want to see him going into the preseason without playing a snap.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
            I want him in camp from day one as much as the next guy but at the same time I realize its not as crucial as most positions to have him there right from the start. Having played OL for a long time I can tell you that there is very little difference in scheme at any level. He will be fine if he misses a week or 2 and we shouldn't get crazy worked up about it. If he can get a couple of weeks of TC and some time in preseason games I'll be happy with it. I just don't want to see him going into the preseason without playing a snap.
            Thats good information on OL learning curve to the pros. While not wishing for a holdout, my gut is saying otherwise because of the agent flip flop and Bengal's FO history of negotiations. So its good news if he is talking about not wanting this to happen. Based on what you said a small holdout is no big deal, we just need to make sure its not a prolonged one though.

Comment

• If he is as committed to getting to TC on time as he says he is, it shouldn't be too long before the deal gets done. At least, I hope so.

worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Yep, still waiting for training camp to start. Granted, I think it's more important to get the draft picks signed. It's happening slowly but surely.

Comment

• boooooooooring!

RIP ST

Comment

• Hey, it's either this or having players arrested/QB's recovering from ACL reconstruction lol... I'll take the boredom thank you.

Comment

• touche, my friend.

RIP ST

Comment

• How do you guys feel about cutting the 2 other punters we had on the roster awhile ago for the newly signed rook, Kevin Huber.

Personally, I like the move to cut the 2 other punters, well Larson anyways. Huber had a monster leg in college and shouldn't be a "Huge Learning Curve" with punting the ball. He will have to get used to getting rid of the ball quicker maybe but I can't see it being too hard. It would have been nice to see them have another punter there for competition purpose though kind of push Huber to be the best he can be type thing. Whenever the Bengals.com writes about the kid he always sounds determined to make an impact and sounds like he wants to be the best at his position so hopefully that translates to good play during games. Good Special Teams play can change a game so much. The difference between starting inside your 5 yard line and starting on the 20 is ridiculous and its only 15 yards....
                        R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                          How do you guys feel about cutting the 2 other punters we had on the roster awhile ago for the newly signed rook, Kevin Huber.

Personally, I like the move to cut the 2 other punters, well Larson anyways. Huber had a monster leg in college and shouldn't be a "Huge Learning Curve" with punting the ball. He will have to get used to getting rid of the ball quicker maybe but I can't see it being too hard. It would have been nice to see them have another punter there for competition purpose though kind of push Huber to be the best he can be type thing. Whenever the Bengals.com writes about the kid he always sounds determined to make an impact and sounds like he wants to be the best at his position so hopefully that translates to good play during games. Good Special Teams play can change a game so much. The difference between starting inside your 5 yard line and starting on the 20 is ridiculous and its only 15 yards....

I actually read a stat somewhere that said somewhere along the lines of punters increasing their average net ypp by 10 or so after 3 years in the league. I guess it has to do with accuracy though (kicking out of bounds instead of letting the returner get it).

I'm excited about Huber though and I think he'll quickly become a fan-favorite since he was homegrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                            I actually read a stat somewhere that said somewhere along the lines of punters increasing their average net ypp by 10 or so after 3 years in the league. I guess it has to do with accuracy though (kicking out of bounds instead of letting the returner get it).

I'm excited about Huber though and I think he'll quickly become a fan-favorite since he was homegrown.

Absolutely. I was hoping they would draft Huber. I saw him play last year when I came down to Cincinnati to watch the Bengals vs. Jags game. I saw that UC played that same weekend so I snagged some tickets to the game against USF and it was amazing... The best thing about the Bengals game was that it was our first win and my buddy had to listen to me beak him the whole drive home with was 23 hours... haha
                            R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

• Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                              Absolutely. I was hoping they would draft Huber. I saw him play last year when I came down to Cincinnati to watch the Bengals vs. Jags game. I saw that UC played that same weekend so I snagged some tickets to the game against USF and it was amazing... The best thing about the Bengals game was that it was our first win and my buddy had to listen to me beak him the whole drive home with was 23 hours... haha
                              Clearly you need to come to more games. When you're here, we win!

Speaking of which, I'ma try to get to 3-4 games this year, I didn't make it out at all last year (no, not because we sucked).

Comment

• Is anyone else kind of surprised we cut Castille? He isn't a big playmaker but CB depth isn't something we have.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information