This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BengalsPwn
    I live in S. florida so ive seen a lot of Merriweather and Im no that high on him bc of his trouble with bigger players. I would prefer a bigger safety someone who is already over 200lbs or one who is more sound in the tackling department. His tackling reminds me too much of Sean Taylor and thats not a good thing bc he just launchs himself like a missle hoping for the big one and lets big plays happen which is our problem already. Give me Landry or Nelson in the first or a guy like Aaron Rouse in the second or third if we can get our hands on a third round pick. Without Justin next year DE has to be the first round pick though.
    Yeah, he may not be the best fit for us then.

There will be a saftey there to be had 2nd round that can stuff the run and cover. Marvin would definetely take a guy average in coverage and run stopping over a guy that can only do well in one area and develope them.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      cardsalltheway. Want to make a sig bet on UK vs. IU 8)
      Hellz yea. Two weeks good with you?

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
        cardsalltheway. Want to make a sig bet on UK vs. IU 8)
        Hellz yea. Two weeks good with you?
        haha yeah, lets say we'll change avatars though I don't have any UK sigs.

UK wins, here's your avatar

IU wins, here's my avatar

Deal or you got something more hardcore

EDIT:

Actually I found a sig that would like nice after every post you make...

Comment

How about both? Put it all on the line.

Comment

Yikes guys, another arrest....O'neal this time.....

Comment

I'll let you pick one or the other for me if you all win and I'll pick one or the other for you... I have to show my Bengal pride somehow

Comment

It's looking like Pollack will likely be back next season, which is great news. I think it also means we don't have to spend a first day pick on the LB position.

This probably seems pretty obvious, but the first and second round picks almost have to be D line and cornerback don't they?

At CB, Jonathan Joseph looks good and has a great future (though he needs to spend some time learning how to catch). After him, the picture gets a little cloudy. Deltha hasn't had his best year. He gives too much cushion, doesn't tackle well in run support and seems to be unwilling to play through even relatively minor injuries. Plus, the DUI probably doesn't help either. Tory is getting old and probably won't be resigned. I'm hoping that Rashad Bauman comes back as I have always liked him as a nickle back. Kiewan Ratliff will be on the team, but he has disappointed the last two years and I think we will continue to have trouble on 3rd down if he sees the field a lot again next year.

The D line has been better lately and there are some solid players. Domata Peko has looked pretty good rotating in the middle. Big Sam Adams has had his moments and if he gets the knee healthy should be a solid contributor next year. Robert Geathers has looked pretty good as a situational pass rusher and should be given a high tender in RFA next offseason. I'm not sure if Justin Smith will be back next year, but if he leaves, there will be a huge hole at DE next year. Frostee Rucker, Eric Henderson and John Fanene are pretty much unknowns at this point. John Thornton and Brian Robinson are just okay. Overall, the line is okay but really lacking a top notch player that commands double teams and can get consistent pressure on the QB.

I guess my ideal draft would be:
                Round 1: Bigtime DE like Moses, Woodley, Spencer
                Round 2: Solid CB prospect that has the size to provide good run support and to cover the TE in nickle, maybe somebody like Revis
                Round 4: TE
                Round 5: DT
                Round 6: WR
                Round 7: OLB

Comment

I'll let you pick one or the other for me if you all win and I'll pick one or the other for you... I have to show my Bengal pride somehow
                  Good game. :evil:

Comment

Good game. :evil:

You look good with all that blue. I'm glad our big guys showed up to play, made it entertaining for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bengalbuck
                      It's looking like Pollack will likely be back next season, which is great news. I think it also means we don't have to spend a first day pick on the LB position.

This probably seems pretty obvious, but the first and second round picks almost have to be D line and cornerback don't they?

At CB, Jonathan Joseph looks good and has a great future (though he needs to spend some time learning how to catch). After him, the picture gets a little cloudy. Deltha hasn't had his best year. He gives too much cushion, doesn't tackle well in run support and seems to be unwilling to play through even relatively minor injuries. Plus, the DUI probably doesn't help either. Tory is getting old and probably won't be resigned. I'm hoping that Rashad Bauman comes back as I have always liked him as a nickle back. Kiewan Ratliff will be on the team, but he has disappointed the last two years and I think we will continue to have trouble on 3rd down if he sees the field a lot again next year.

The D line has been better lately and there are some solid players. Domata Peko has looked pretty good rotating in the middle. Big Sam Adams has had his moments and if he gets the knee healthy should be a solid contributor next year. Robert Geathers has looked pretty good as a situational pass rusher and should be given a high tender in RFA next offseason. I'm not sure if Justin Smith will be back next year, but if he leaves, there will be a huge hole at DE next year. Frostee Rucker, Eric Henderson and John Fanene are pretty much unknowns at this point. John Thornton and Brian Robinson are just okay. Overall, the line is okay but really lacking a top notch player that commands double teams and can get consistent pressure on the QB.

I guess my ideal draft would be:
                      Round 1: Bigtime DE like Moses, Woodley, Spencer
                      Round 2: Solid CB prospect that has the size to provide good run support and to cover the TE in nickle, maybe somebody like Revis
                      Round 4: TE
                      Round 5: DT
                      Round 6: WR
                      Round 7: OLB
                      I agree about the CB situation. Joseph is a stud, James is a bum and Deltha is average this year and Keiwan doesn't have the speed. Peko looks like a future starter and we have enough depth to rotate guys in and out at DT, if Okam is there round one I'd be satisfied with that pick because it's quality over quantity.

My ideal draft...

Round 1: DE (Woodley would be great)
                      Round 2: Versitile DB prospect (ala Madieu) that can play either CB or S so we get added depth and a potential starter
                      Round 4: OL - We'll lose depth because of Steinbach leaving and if Braham is gone two of our backups are now starters. It's not a must but you can never be too strong at OL.
                      Round 5: TE
                      Round 6: Speedy WR that is a good KR/PR since Chatman may be gone and we need depth behind Tab.
                      Round 7: Whatever catches Marvins eye I guess.

Comment

Pollack has made it clear that if he returns and as mentioned, that is looking good, he would prefer to return as a DE rather than a LBer. I think the Bengals will accomodate him if that is the case and this would possibly allow J.Smith to leave and have Pollack replace him. I would like to see J. Smith resigned but we'll see. I think Steinbach is gone for sure. I look for a CB in Rd 1 again as O'Neal and James are both showing sings of slowing a bit and you can't have too many great corners.

Comment

We've now had 8 different guys arrested for various charges this year. Who do you blame? Of course it's the individual's fault but does Marvin have to take some blame here too. If he cut a couple of these guys would that end it? I know it goes on everywhere but we probably have had more than twice wqhat any other team has had this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott
                            We've now had 8 different guys arrested for various charges this year. Who do you blame? Of course it's the individual's fault but does Marvin have to take some blame here too. If he cut a couple of these guys would that end it? I know it goes on everywhere but we probably have had more than twice wqhat any other team has had this year.
                            I think a lot of the blame has to go to Mike Brown, who loves giving second chances to players with bad histories. As far as the draft goes, I agree corner and D-line are probably the two biggest needs, safety and O-line will probably be addressed later as well, along with a speed WR and maybe some linebackers. Tight end may be addressed late as well.

Comment

Marvin has publicly admitted that he wants to stay away from low character guys yet Mike Brown encourages taking them on and well, he has the final say.

Marvin has done his job to prevent these things. He cut Mathias Askew, has sat out Henry 4 games by himself without the leagues suspensions, he asked the commish that they immediately suspend Odell for the year following his DUI.

What could he possibly do to stop guys like Deltha, Steinbach, McNeal etc. from doing these things? It's not like they've ever been caught for doing something bad up until now, some of it just boils down to bad luck.

With that said I think there is potential that if we sign Justin Smith back we will draft a CB round one again. Tory James is likely gone and Deltha was in Marvins doghouse before this happened for not playing through what he thought to be a minor injury.

I still think DE is the pick because I don't think Smith will stick around but if we did manage to get Smith back I'm all but sure it'll be CB again, we'll be set there for the next 5 years at least.

Comment

Robert Geathers is officially starting to impress me. The guy knows how to get after the QB. Peko is impressing me as well, very athletic for his size.

Jeanty may be a solid option for the future starting at OLB. He has a nose for the ball and is a solid tackler.

Funny to think the team played kinda sloppy and won by 17

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information