This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...8-8de0868ba326

Gruden just hired. Should be interesting to see how he plans to change things around and bring some life back to the offense.

worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Seeing as how he comes from a west coast offense background i can see him trying to implement that style. He did have a lot of success in the Arena League as well. If he uses an AFL style offense they will be throwing the ball all over the place.

Comment

• Despite what has been reported, lets hope Lewis and Gruden can convince Palmer to come back and run this new offense. Gruden's point is that this is QB friendly scheme that can be tailored to the strengths of the offense playmakers. Carson has some exposure to the WCO so maybe, just maybe this will be enough for him to reconsider. The press reports said they haven't talked to Carson yet, perhaps we will hear something more on this after the Super Bowl?

Comment

• So looks like Carson is putting his house up in Cincy and said he would never return hahaha. This is really ugly, I feel like he just isn't a guy who loves the game.
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
            So looks like Carson is putting his house up in Cincy and said he would never return hahaha. This is really ugly, I feel like he just isn't a guy who loves the game.
            This is all on Mike Brown and some of the other tards up in the FO.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• Geez, sounds like he's not bluffing. Wouldn't it be best to just trade him already?
              Cowboys Mock:
              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                Geez, sounds like he's not bluffing. Wouldn't it be best to just trade him already?
                Mike Brown.
                The end.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

• Its too bad the way this has transpired for CP and for the Bengals. Its a no win situation for both parties. if traded, CP will have to most likely agree to a salary reduction off his current contract. Maybe he doesn't care about the money or the game, to think that CP can do much better than the Bengals with the teams looking for QB is questionable.

For us (Bengals), MB needs to suck it up and do what's best for the team and get the best trade value for our former leader. We need to retool this team with new QB's in a new system, looks like a FA and high draft pick needs to happen. it sucks, I think this is what is in our future after MB considers all the bad options he is holding.

Comment

• God Why cant Mike Brown just die or get hit in the head and somehow have that hit knock something loose so he is somewhat intellegent to running a Football Team.

I am going to have to find a NFC team to root for because until Mike Brown relieves control over the team the Bengals will never be competive.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Something was brought up in conversation today about Andre Smith and him being due a roster bonus very soon. The question was will he receive said bonus? The Bengals either have to pay him the bonus or release him. Do you guys think they should go ahead and give up on him or pay him the bonus and hope he gets his fat butt in shape. I still believe he has the talent to be a dominate tackle if he can just find a way to stay within a reasonable weight range. With Mike Browns tight wad ways I'm sure he will go ahead and cut him. And odds are he'll go ahead and sign with another team and become a hall of fame player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
                        Something was brought up in conversation today about Andre Smith and him being due a roster bonus very soon. The question was will he receive said bonus? The Bengals either have to pay him the bonus or release him. Do you guys think they should go ahead and give up on him or pay him the bonus and hope he gets his fat butt in shape. I still believe he has the talent to be a dominate tackle if he can just find a way to stay within a reasonable weight range. With Mike Browns tight wad ways I'm sure he will go ahead and cut him. And odds are he'll go ahead and sign with another team and become a hall of fame player.
                        Lewis mentioned that the OL and safety were 2 areas that need improvement. Lewis also mentions that he is hopeful on Andre's health rebound so maybe they are counting on him to actually contribute next season (when ever this occurs). Its clear now that the Bengal's could of done much better than him in the previous years draft (Oher). Unfortunately, nothing has shown me that this guy can be dominate, if I was a betting man - he gets released and we backfill him in FA & with a mid rounder in the draft.

Comment

• No way do they release him. His bonus doesn't keep him here now, it extends his current deal from 2-4 yrs if they give it to him. I think they still feel he will be very productive as while some of the blame goes to Andre, he has had some bad luck too with this injury. I still think he'll become dominant. They need to address OG in the first 3 rds for sure.

Comment

• Andre Smith in my opinion essentialy replaces Bobbie Williams in the short to medium term. Unless he has a standout season this year at RT. But there is no chance we ditch him.
                            Last edited by rojones82; 03-03-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• They should just cut their losses with Andre Smith he is never going to stay healthy and if they move him to Guard they are paying him way too much money to be a mediorce RG.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I wish we were more aggressive in FA.

RIP ST

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information