X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
    I wish we were more aggressive in FA.
    I wish we were more aggressive everywhere. Draft, Free Agency, Coaching staff... even on the field I wish we were more aggressive.

Comment

• Not sure if you guys have hear but, Cam Newton is scheduled to workout with the Bengals. Maybe Mike Brown is serious about moving on from Carson. No team has scheduled Gabbert yet.

Here are the visits the Bengals have Scheduled:
      *Baylor guard Danny Watkins (3/10).

*Auburn quarterback Cam Newton (?/?).

* Idaho quarterback Nathan Enderle (3/?).

Comment

• Means nothing. We will likely work out most of the players projected top 10.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

• Hey there Bengals fans. As time moves on the Vikings are becoming more and more linked to Blaine Gabbert. if the top 3 went like this:

1. Cam Newton
          2. Marcell Dareus
          3. Von Miller

And the Bengals are on the clock. The Vikings offer you their 1st (12), 2nd (43), and 4th (105), for your 1st (4).
          Would you make the trade? And more importantly, do you think your FO would make the trade? Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

• How did Pacman do last season?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
            XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
            Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
            http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Heisman View Post
              Hey there Bengals fans. As time moves on the Vikings are becoming more and more linked to Blaine Gabbert. if the top 3 went like this:

1. Cam Newton
              2. Marcell Dareus
              3. Von Miller

And the Bengals are on the clock. The Vikings offer you their 1st (12), 2nd (43), and 4th (105), for your 1st (4).
              Would you make the trade? And more importantly, do you think your FO would make the trade? Thanks for the help guys!
              I would personally make the trade, no doubt. Sadly, however, I highly doubt the FO would do any such thing.

worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Heisman View Post
                Hey there Bengals fans. As time moves on the Vikings are becoming more and more linked to Blaine Gabbert. if the top 3 went like this:

1. Cam Newton
                2. Marcell Dareus
                3. Von Miller

I make the deal for sure. At 12, maybe Julio Jones is there. If not, there will be a number of quality DEs, DTs, OL and Torrey Smith if you are dying for a WR HR threat. In Rd 2, having a pick in the 30s and 40s, I can take a Christian Ponder and a quality OG to protect our QB and improve our Running game. I then concentrate on Safeties and grab a RB (Delone Carter ) maybe in Rd 5.

Comment

• Random question, but how is Andre Smith doing at RT? Should he be moved inside to Guard?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                    Random question, but how is Andre Smith doing at RT? Should he be moved inside to Guard?
                    He is actually playing quiet well this season. He shut down Robert Mathis last game really with no help.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkpba
                      Well I have mixed emotions about picking up Brandon Tate and dropping Quan Cosby. While Quan was strong and steady with his returns he just wasn't explosive like Tate is.
                      Right now, I'd be willing to take what Quan can give us over what we've seen from Tate. He has been a major disappointment for me. I don't see explosiveness, courage, good decisions, or great hands from the guy

Comment

• I wasn't sure where to really bring this up so i figured this is as good a place as any. I really hope Cinci is able to pull off the win this week and get into the playoffs. The plus side is they get a rematch with the Texans if they do. That is really the dream matchup if you could choose who you get to play in the wild card round. After that who knows who they'll play.

Now as for the makeup of the team next year Its becoming clear a number 2 WR is gonna be needed unless they feel Simpson can get over his inconsistencies. Him and Caldwell are both free agents and I dont think they should move Shipley out of the slot since he can be just like Welker is for the Pats. I also think the safety spot needs a real overhaul. If Zimmer doesn't take a head coaching job I think he can turn Taylor Mays into a real good Strong Safety but they really need a more consistent free safety then Nelson. He takes way to many chances for my liking. For every spectacular play he makes he makes at least 2-3 huge mistakes and I think the defense would be really special if there was just a solid guy back there that made the fundamental plays even if he didn't make that huge interception or hit. It has also became glaringly obvious that they miss J-Joe more then they thought. With Hall hurt it just made it even more a problem.

As good as this young team is there are still a few really big needs for them to become a solid contender for years to come. Of course this is a lot better then being a doormat for the league, but I do like the direction the team has taken the last couple of years.

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm a Vikings fan and since we have hired Zimmer, other vikings fans have been clamoring for us to take chances on defensive guys that are talented but have other issues that are keeping interest down for whatever reason. Theyre treating him like a miracle worker that magically turns guys careers around saying stuff like "oh Zimmer will straighten him out". I know he has a history of doing this with guys like pacman and burfict off the top of my head, but I feel like this is getting blown way out of proportion so I thought I'd ask you guys how successful has he really been doing this? Have there been other experiments that have failed?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmylishis View Post
                            Hey guys, I'm a Vikings fan and since we have hired Zimmer, other vikings fans have been clamoring for us to take chances on defensive guys that are talented but have other issues that are keeping interest down for whatever reason. Theyre treating him like a miracle worker that magically turns guys careers around saying stuff like "oh Zimmer will straighten him out". I know he has a history of doing this with guys like pacman and burfict off the top of my head, but I feel like this is getting blown way out of proportion so I thought I'd ask you guys how successful has he really been doing this? Have there been other experiments that have failed?
                            Zim is great in that he doesn't tolerate players' egos or stupid mistakes. He's an old-school coach who will straight up chew out anybody for ******* up. Burfict and Pac are good examples, but there have been quite a few. I don't think anybody on our defense would be the players they are without the influence Zimmer had on them. A lot of these guys weren't highly drafted, and it's been consistently a top-10/5 unit during his tenure. As a matter of fact, the only starter that was a first-rounder that got drafted by the team is Leon Hall.

Players love playing for Zimmer, and I think that goes a long way toward him looking like a miracle worker.

As for other examples, it's tough to think up off the top of my head after just taking some online quizzes...but I remember him making Roy Williams not look like complete trash for a season or two here. When I think of some more, i'll let yuou know.

edit// Although...what players are other Vikes fans saying to pick up? Nothing crazy like "Jamarcus has lost some weight!" Right!?

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information