Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is your OC running Rudi outside? :?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• We miss Chris Perry on passing downs and 3rd down. He has that outside speed. I guess they feel that they have to show that once in awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickscott
        We miss Chris Perry on passing downs and 3rd down. He has that outside speed. I guess they feel that they have to show that once in awhile.
        Perry would've been HUGE this game. Oh well, it is what it is.

Comment

• Well, they definitely played poorly tonight and next week will be tough too. It's up to them if they want to go to the playoffs, they got to play.

Comment

• Good God to we need Pollack and Thurman back next year. I pray that Pollack will return and if he does then he needs to be back at DE. He is a stud at DE and has that Linebacker type of quickness. I don't care what Thurman has done in the past if he can return clean and play like he did his rookie season. He could have been rookie of the year. We need them both. What do you guys think of putting Pollack back at DE if he returns?
            Who Dey & Go Bucks
            The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Tonight, I didn't think iut was as much personnel as philosophy. We played defense like we were afraid. Our offensive line played poorly too. Can't blame Carson for being erratic when he's running for his life every down. This is the way the season began midpoint went with him being knocked down every other pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by FootballGod
                Good God to we need Pollack and Thurman back next year. I pray that Pollack will return and if he does then he needs to be back at DE. He is a stud at DE and has that Linebacker type of quickness. I don't care what Thurman has done in the past if he can return clean and play like he did his rookie season. He could have been rookie of the year. We need them both. What do you guys think of putting Pollack back at DE if he returns?
                I thought Pollacks career was over?

Comment

• Pollack was quoted in the paper as saying that he was alarmed when friends called him to discuss his retirement. He says it's way to early for that topic to be thought of yet as it will depend on what type of surgery gets done and how it all turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickscott
                    Tonight, I didn't think iut was as much personnel as philosophy. We played defense like we were afraid. Our offensive line played poorly too. Can't blame Carson for being erratic when he's running for his life every down. This is the way the season began midpoint went with him being knocked down every other pass.
                    So true on every point. The players themselves weren't terrible (with the exception of the horribly beat up Oline), the play calling and shceme on defense was just terrible. I believe they're all fixable problems.

Carson is mortal when he loses faith in the Oline. We saw it in the middle of the season and we saw it again Monday night. If he loses faith in the Oline he starts rushing throws and dancing around in the pocket. When he has faith in the Oline he just sits back there and makes the passes calm and cool.

Sunday the protection MUST improve. If Carson is comfortable we win, if not we struggle like Monday and the middle of the season. The Oline is EVERYTHING to this team, much more so than the defense.

Comment

• Basically our whole O-line is out, or we would be doing much better...

^Thanks BK!

Comment

• I think the main problem when Carson gets erratic is that he doesn't have the room to complete his follow through and his release point is higher making balls sail on him. As mentioned, if they give him time, we'll be fine.

Comment

• Willie is probable. Whitworth only had his first bad game against Freeney so you can understand that. Levi is quesitonable and Braham is out.

Give Carson time and we win, plain and simple. Given the health - or lack thereof - of the offensive line that's a big question mark at this point.

Just watch Carson though, if he gets protection he'll just sit back there cool and calm. If not it's like he's figity and always pump faking. If he has protection he has the confidence in the line and even if he does get pressure he still gets out of it calm and cool.

The season is on the line tomorrow, we can still get in if we lose but it's going to take a whole lot. IMO we win and we're in.

Comment

• I think if the team wants to improve we need to clean house up top and get new coordinators both offensive and defensive. Of course I dont think Marvin should be gone but the only reason I see both sides of the ball play bad is bc the coaches dont put the players in a position to succeed. I believe with a new OC the offense can be taken to new heights. With the lame play calling right now if it wasnt for the talent on offense we would only put up like 6 points a game.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

• AGREED.

I hope Bratkowski gets a HC job somewhere. Mostly Breshnahan is our problem. It's honestly not so much the players, they've been making tackles.

Our defense is worst against the pass because we RUSH FOUR EVERYTIME!!! You can't expect the secondary to just lie back there and cover for days when there is no heat on the QB.

Breshnahan must go, Bratkowski won't be missed.

Our defense is not as bad as it looks (in talent), I mean did you see how many times the linebackers dropped back 10 yards on first down and Peyton just took what we gave him numerous times.

You can't lose because of play calling, I can take losing because players miss tackles but it was ALL scheme last Monday (on defense). The offense was mostly the Oline.

I wish Marvin would take over the defense for the last however many games we have... He did that to Leslie Frazier.

Comment

• That was about the worst game I have ever seen Palmer play. He overthrew several receivers, rarely hit a guy in stride and then I am about sick of Chris Henry's 1 handed efforts. If Tab Perry was healthy, I think Henry skinny ass would be on the bench. Big players on this team have to step up and start playing big. Chad dropped a couple, Chad was called for a movement violation that cost another TD. Get your heads out of your ass! They don't deserve the playoffs but if Jets lose tomorrow we are still in if we beat the Steelers next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information