WOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Well, keep this in mind too. This thread was the first and only time I got rep raped on this forum. So yeah, I'm coming back to gloat.
    What is there to gloat about? That a guy had a likely career ending injury 2 plays into his career? You should be proud.

A healthy Irons would've been huge last year with Rudi sucking.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      What is there to gloat about? That a guy had a likely career ending injury 2 plays into his career? You should be proud.

A healthy Irons would've been huge last year with Rudi sucking.
      Yeah, I'm not gloating that I was right that Kenny Irons was a poor choice by the Bengals, or how absurd the "but Chris Perry is injury prone" reasoning was, or that he's off the team after so little time. No, I'm gloating that he got hurt. Right.

Comment

If injuries didn't occur it would have been a really intelligent pick imo. You can't throw every high end pick at your defense, or else you'll end up with no offense in a few years. This year we went LB / WR too; we would have been fine on WR even if Chad left (I highly doubt Simpson plays anything more than slot and he'll be splitting that time with another receiver).

Is it a wasted pick even if he is basically useless to us this year? no, because we need to think about more than 08. Likewise with kenny, he probably would have been the 2nd back at most in 08, and probably in 09 too if he was healthy. But as a franchise you have to look past whats right in front of you and see the future. And if Kenny Irons had stayed healthy he would eventually have been Rudi's replacement I think.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not gloating that I was right that Kenny Irons was a poor choice by the Bengals, or how absurd the "but Chris Perry is injury prone" reasoning was, or that he's off the team after so little time. No, I'm gloating that he got hurt. Right.
          Neither side can prove right or wrong in this case... The guy essentially never played, got hurt and was gone. Just one of those deals.

You could say he would've never worked and I can't prove you wrong. I could also say he would've been huge last year and you can't prove me wrong. Just one of those deals.

Comment

Well, keep this in mind too. This thread was the first and only time I got rep raped on this forum. So yeah, I'm coming back to gloat.
            I still don't get it, but will leave it at this:

You made the argument that it wasn't a wise pick based on (I'm assuming by your reasoning provided) that the Bengals had greater defensive needs, but NOT because there was anything verifiable by his college stats that he wouldn't be a productive NFL back.

That being said, HE GOT INJURED and never took a snap thereby leaving people without ever knowing if he was going to be the productive back people thought he would or a bust.

So what exactly is there to gloat about ?? Him being released did not prove your original point...

I'll follow all of this up with, I don't really give a sh*t about him being gone as our RB depth is still pretty solid with Watson, Dorsey, and Johnson, but that wasn't the case when he was drafted...

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information