Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Hartwell...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ed Hartwell...

    was signed to a one year 1.5 million dollar contract.


    Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

  • #2
    haha It's about time, after the draft Marvin basically said he was going to sign but his wife had a baby so that delayed things.

    Where he plays will tell us A LOT about what will happen with Odell.

    If he goes to WLB and Ahmad starts in the middle there are no immediate plans for Odell to come back.

    If he goes to MLB and Ahmad starts at SLB then I think Odell will be back middle of this year then Hartwell back to WLB.

    I like the signing, depth and experience, low risk deal.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      haha It's about time, after the draft Marvin basically said he was going to sign but his wife had a baby so that delayed things.

      Where he plays will tell us A LOT about what will happen with Odell.

      If he goes to WLB and Ahmad starts in the middle there are no immediate plans for Odell to come back.

      If he goes to MLB and Ahmad starts at SLB then I think Odell will be back middle of this year then Hartwell back to WLB.

      I like the signing, depth and experience, low risk deal.

      pretty much. i dont know much about the guy, really, what are his strengths and weaknesses?


      Originally posted by mythbusta
      i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
      who dey?

      Comment


      • #4
        Yay! Veteran depth at LB!
        its what we needed when Simmons left.

        bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

        Comment


        • #5
          As far as I know his strength is in run defense not sure if he's weak in coverage or simply adequate.

          Hard to get a good guage off him from what he did in ATL and he was obviously surrounded by better players in Baltimore. Marvin would know, it'll be nice to hear him talk on it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            As far as I know his strength is in run defense not sure if he's weak in coverage or simply adequate.

            Hard to get a good guage off him from what he did in ATL and he was obviously surrounded by better players in Baltimore. Marvin would know, it'll be nice to hear him talk on it.
            well, im glad to hear he can stop the run. the coverage worries me, especially with our suspect secondary. but it looks like a good ol fashion, no risk sgning.


            Originally posted by mythbusta
            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
            who dey?

            Comment


            • #7
              He is going to weakside linebacker, per NFLN.

              Weak - Hartwell
              Middle - Brooks
              Strong - Jeanty

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                He is going to weakside linebacker, per NFLN.

                Weak - Hartwell
                Middle - Brooks
                Strong - Jeanty
                That I can handle.

                Sure would be nice to have Odell out there, he'd be wasted outside.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  That I can handle.

                  Sure would be nice to have Odell out there, he'd be wasted outside.
                  With Odell

                  Weak - Hartwell
                  Middle - Thurman
                  Strong Brooks

                  Just my opinion

                  bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I too feel that's the way it should be.

                    However, it seems almost obvious that Odell won't start from the beginning and it wouldn't be a good move to move Ahmad I dont think. Odell is a perfect MLB. Ahmad can make an impact anywhere...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      odell could play WLB if need be, but like you said he's obviously built for MLB. he definetly has adequate speed but putting brooks outside would be the move to get the talent on the field. marvin is gonna make odell work for this, whether or not he does, we shall see.

                      ^A Bonekrusher production^
                      #15
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am shocked they are putting him at WLB. Maybe I am unfamilar with the scheme the Bengals use. I thought Hartwell was too slow for Ed Donatell's MLB, where he didn't have to play in space too often.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          where is he gonna play...im sure he is gonna play at will where jeanty plays at..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jeanty progressed a lot last year, he was an absolute beast in run defense and was gaining in coverage.

                            He'll replace Landon Johnson who was at WILL, Jeanty is at SAM. Landon is as average as they get, very average in pass D and run D.

                            Either way, WLB will be one of our weak links next year if anyone other than Odell is in there. I highly doubt Hartwell solves any problems.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hartwell's a great player, if and when healthy...if he plays majority of the year for you guys i wouldnt expect anyone to be dissapointed...

                              im jus concerned with odell, i really really hope he comes back as strong as he left, i feel like ur LB core would be pretty sick with him and brooks together, and hartwell puts the touches to it...


                              what week is thurman due back?





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information