Ed Hartwell...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Hartwell...

was signed to a one year 1.5 million dollar contract.

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

haha It's about time, after the draft Marvin basically said he was going to sign but his wife had a baby so that delayed things.

Where he plays will tell us A LOT about what will happen with Odell.

If he goes to WLB and Ahmad starts in the middle there are no immediate plans for Odell to come back.

If he goes to MLB and Ahmad starts at SLB then I think Odell will be back middle of this year then Hartwell back to WLB.

I like the signing, depth and experience, low risk deal.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      haha It's about time, after the draft Marvin basically said he was going to sign but his wife had a baby so that delayed things.

Where he plays will tell us A LOT about what will happen with Odell.

If he goes to WLB and Ahmad starts in the middle there are no immediate plans for Odell to come back.

If he goes to MLB and Ahmad starts at SLB then I think Odell will be back middle of this year then Hartwell back to WLB.

I like the signing, depth and experience, low risk deal.

pretty much. i dont know much about the guy, really, what are his strengths and weaknesses?

who dey?

Comment

Yay! Veteran depth at LB!
        its what we needed when Simmons left.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

As far as I know his strength is in run defense not sure if he's weak in coverage or simply adequate.

Hard to get a good guage off him from what he did in ATL and he was obviously surrounded by better players in Baltimore. Marvin would know, it'll be nice to hear him talk on it.

Comment

As far as I know his strength is in run defense not sure if he's weak in coverage or simply adequate.

Hard to get a good guage off him from what he did in ATL and he was obviously surrounded by better players in Baltimore. Marvin would know, it'll be nice to hear him talk on it.
            well, im glad to hear he can stop the run. the coverage worries me, especially with our suspect secondary. but it looks like a good ol fashion, no risk sgning.

who dey?

Comment

He is going to weakside linebacker, per NFLN.

Weak - Hartwell
              Middle - Brooks
              Strong - Jeanty

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                He is going to weakside linebacker, per NFLN.

Weak - Hartwell
                Middle - Brooks
                Strong - Jeanty
                That I can handle.

Sure would be nice to have Odell out there, he'd be wasted outside.

Comment

That I can handle.

Sure would be nice to have Odell out there, he'd be wasted outside.
                  With Odell

Weak - Hartwell
                  Middle - Thurman
                  Strong Brooks

Just my opinion

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

I too feel that's the way it should be.

However, it seems almost obvious that Odell won't start from the beginning and it wouldn't be a good move to move Ahmad I dont think. Odell is a perfect MLB. Ahmad can make an impact anywhere...

Comment

odell could play WLB if need be, but like you said he's obviously built for MLB. he definetly has adequate speed but putting brooks outside would be the move to get the talent on the field. marvin is gonna make odell work for this, whether or not he does, we shall see.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I am shocked they are putting him at WLB. Maybe I am unfamilar with the scheme the Bengals use. I thought Hartwell was too slow for Ed Donatell's MLB, where he didn't have to play in space too often.

Comment

where is he gonna play...im sure he is gonna play at will where jeanty plays at..

Comment

Jeanty progressed a lot last year, he was an absolute beast in run defense and was gaining in coverage.

He'll replace Landon Johnson who was at WILL, Jeanty is at SAM. Landon is as average as they get, very average in pass D and run D.

Either way, WLB will be one of our weak links next year if anyone other than Odell is in there. I highly doubt Hartwell solves any problems.

Comment

hartwell's a great player, if and when healthy...if he plays majority of the year for you guys i wouldnt expect anyone to be dissapointed...

im jus concerned with odell, i really really hope he comes back as strong as he left, i feel like ur LB core would be pretty sick with him and brooks together, and hartwell puts the touches to it...

what week is thurman due back?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information