Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    against us if memory serves
    That was why Jim Leonhard ended up playing so much on D for them last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
      Didn't he also have some sort of severe neck injury last year?
      and he's going ot make a full recovery. He was said to be fine the week after it happened. It was, however, best for his healthy to keep him out the remainder f the season. I know I don't want to wait for him to get healthy in Baltimore and kick our a$$es again...

Comment

• Originally posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
        and he's going ot make a full recovery. He was said to be fine the week after it happened. It was, however, best for his healthy to keep him out the remainder f the season. I know I don't want to wait for him to get healthy in Baltimore and kick our a$$es again...
        If we were to get him, which S spot do you think he would play? What kind of a role would you expect him to have?

Comment

• Him and Brodney pool both have the ability and experience playing FS and SS, so really it will all be up to the coaches where they play. Me peronally would like to see us attack the front 7 full force with guys like Raji(5) Barwin(36) and Gilbert(50) then play both safties are centerfielder types. The reason why Pittsburgh and Baltimore safteies make so many plays is because their front 7s allow them to roam and be heat seeking ball missles...where ever the ball goes they go 1000mph.

Comment

No way Aaron Curry falls to us at #5, so now we have to look different routes :(

Sign Kevin Burnettt to play ILB instead then draft B.J. Raji(5) and Connor Barwin(36). Sign nickle Chris Carr and run stopping saftey James Butler...

DE Shaun Rogers
            NT B.J. Raji
            DE Corey Williams
            OLB Connor Barwin
            ILB Kevin Burnett
            ILB D'Qwell Jackson
            OLB Kamerion Wimbley
            CB Eric Wright
            CB Brandon McDonald
            NB Chris Carr
            FS Brodney Pool
            SS James Butler

I like our chances with that defense.

I don't, it looks worse to me than last year's defense. Very doubtful that Rogers can be an effective DE in a 3-4. Fans keep saying he would do well there but there is no real evidence he would be effective at around 365lbs on the outside. There is absolutely no assurance that Barwin won't need a couple of years to adjust to pro ball, He's only played defense for a year or 2 so asking him to start is a bit naive IMO. Burnett couldn't beat out a bunch of bums in Dallas who play ILB for them, why would he suddenly start for us? We are still left with a mediocre pass rush, weakness at MLB, a very suspect defensive backfield and a DE who probably cannot play on the outside.
            With this defense I don't see anyway we take a step forward next year. In fact, you would be negating Rogers ability to rush the passer because on the outside he will be playing against far superior athletes than OG's or OC's. He'll have to beat OT's who can match his quickness.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

• so apparently we signed TE robert royal

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=524495

Comment

Him and Brodney pool both have the ability and experience playing FS and SS, so really it will all be up to the coaches where they play. Me peronally would like to see us attack the front 7 full force with guys like Raji(5) Barwin(36) and Gilbert(50) then play both safties are centerfielder types. The reason why Pittsburgh and Baltimore safteies make so many plays is because their front 7s allow them to roam and be heat seeking ball missles...where ever the ball goes they go 1000mph.
                Pool is no missile-maby a scud.

Barwin looks like a project to me. He's got all the tools but may need a season or two to contribute full time.

Originally posted by borg9
                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Everyone who says they don't want Barwin because he'll take a year or two to make an impact is a jokster.

1. It doesn't matter who we draft or where they have over 90% chance they're not going to make an impact in year 1 or maybe even 2.

2. We're not looking at winning the super bowl next year. Mangini and Kokinis are doing it the right way...building for the future and they want the guys who are going to be the best 2-3 years from now and Barwin will be better than Maybin, Brown, Kruger, Sintim, Cushing or any f those scrubs 2-3 years from now.

3. I don't give a flying F who they are or what position they play I want the best player on the board at each pick and I'm talking the guy who is going to develop into th ebest player, not the best NFL ready guy who has little room for improvement.

Comment

• I want Barwin... at 50

Comment

• I like Barwin but unless you can read the future it's doubtful you can predict he'll end up better than all the prospects named. What do you base such a claim on, do you know him personally, did you interview him, have you watched a lot of pro quality film on him or maybe you worked him out at OLB in a 3-4. I don't think you've done any of those things so predicting his success is just wishful thinking IMO with no real basis in fact.
                      I think he has a solid chance to be a decent player but in the end, it will be up to him to reach his potential.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        I want Barwin... at 50
                        New England will take him before then....if they don't take him at #34.

Everyone wants to rub nuts with Larry English, but they call Connor Barwin a small school project who's going to bus. I don't get it. Same with Clay Matthews(love him) everyone wants to have his babies, but then have the audacity to call Barwin a 1 year wonder. So many hypocrites in the draft world...

Comment

• I'm a huge Barwin guy, but I do not think the value is there at 36. Too many other more viable options

Comment

• We resigned Mike Adams for 3 years, $4.1 million.

Great signing. Adams was a great backup and a solid spot starter

Comment

New England will take him before then....if they don't take him at #34.

Everyone wants to rub nuts with Larry English, but they call Connor Barwin a small school project who's going to bus. I don't get it. Same with Clay Matthews(love him) everyone wants to have his babies, but then have the audacity to call Barwin a 1 year wonder. So many hypocrites in the draft world...

Where do you get this from??? Barwin is a very decent prospect but has a ton of hard work ahead of him to reach his potential. He hasn't played defense too long and now he is being asked to switch to OLB in a 3-4 defense. It is extremely hard to call round 2 but he's not yet getting a whole lot of love by NFL personnel to my knowledge so he might well be available at #50.
                              If you want to say he is a solid 2nd rounder with a lot of potential, I have no problem with that, but to go on and say he'll end up better than almost every 3-4 OLB in the draft is a bit much and with no substance.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

• CantStopGregJones-Okay-You like Barwin and I'm a jokster-so be it.

As far as Mangikonas-it's way to early to say how good their doing. Your saying rookies don't make immediate impact or just our rookies? How do you figure?
                                Certainly not saying I don't want Barwin-what I am saying is that if some other guys are available before him (Matthews/English-I don't want to be anywhere near his nuts/Sintim-I'd rather them.(not his nuts)

And how do you know where not winning the SB this season? (there i go being a jokster again)

but to go on and say he'll end up better than almost every 3-4 OLB in the draft is a bit much and with no substance.
                                agreed.
                                Last edited by Brown Leader; 03-05-2009, 08:52 PM.

Originally posted by borg9
                                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information