Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeMontainya
    For real, everyone is way underrating Frye's arm. His arm is not Brett Favre's but it is not as weka like Brees' or Penningtons' in a sense, though those two's games are all about making reads and using great accuracy on their throws. If we get 2 good guards and Adrian Peterson then Frye will actually get a chance to throw this year and we'll find out if he can win games with a running game and protection.
    Heres the difference, when Charlie throws harder, his accurancy dramatically decreases. I think this is due to him either rushing it (OL) or he just isnt very calm in the pocket. I liked it alot better when Anderson played and hes was supposed to be our 3rd string QB.
    i have to agree with you joe, 100%. i dont think charlie's arm is as weak as chad's. but its nothing special. and while his problems can be fixed. a few of my buddies have settled on anderson. he compares to tom brady of yesterday. a helacious arm. quick read's. not very mobile but great pocket presence. i do like charlie's mobility, thats def. a plus for him. but if anderson can improve his decision making and work on his accuracy, then its not a contest on who would start between the 2.

Comment

• I think frye needs to mature. He needs to know that he doesn't have to make a play everytime and it's okay to throw the ball away.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13
        I think frye needs to mature. He needs to know that he doesn't have to make a play everytime and it's okay to throw the ball away.
        = needing a running game to rely on.

A running game would do so much for this team, and it is so obvious. It would take pressure off Frye to make a play, slow down the pass rush, keep our defense off the field, and so on. While we have a lot of wholes, a running game would easily make the most impact, if filled. Even this last year, if we could have run the ball, i can confidently say we would have won 6-8 games.

For our team, it all starts with being able to run the ball.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy G
          Originally posted by kalbears13
          I think frye needs to mature. He needs to know that he doesn't have to make a play everytime and it's okay to throw the ball away.

A running game would do so much for this team, and it is so obvious. It would take pressure off Frye to make a play, slow down the pass rush, keep our defense off the field, and so on. While we have a lot of wholes, a running game would easily make the most impact, if filled. Even this last year, if we could have run the ball, i can confidently say we would have won 6-8 games.

True, and running the ball starts with the o-line. Sure, it's nice to have a stud like AD in the backfield, but we don't need him. Look at Denver. They've consistently run the ball very well with decent RB's, then other teams overrate their RB's and pay way too much for them, IMO. But the key is the o-line. Mike Bell would've ran for 14 yards if he played for the Brown's this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1
            Originally posted by Freddy G

True, and running the ball starts with the o-line. Sure, it's nice to have a stud like AD in the backfield, but we don't need him. Look at Denver. They've consistently run the ball very well with decent RB's, then other teams overrate their RB's and pay way too much for them, IMO. But the key is the o-line. Mike Bell would've ran for 14 yards if he played for the Brown's this year.

Obviously it starts with the OL, but by no means does that mean you need a great OL. The RB must still be able to take advantage of the opportunities presented...something Drounghns just didn't do last year. Of course i think the line was/is bad, but IMO, it can be relatively easily fixed.

I think it safe to assume we will get at least one solid OL in FA, most likely a starter. It may not be a super star, but he has to be better than what we have. Combine that with the fact that our C and OTs are all good run blockers, we would really only have the one whole left to fill at OG. Hopefully it will be Smith or Sowells, or maybe a draft pick. All i am saying is we really aren't that far off.

Just look at backs like LJ, Tiki, Stephen Jackson, and Maroney/Dillen. While their lines are solid, and maybe even underrated slightly, fact remains is that the concensous regards them as merely average/solid. Yet a great makes them look pretty good. So, right now we are in a position to get a great (potenial) back, and some solid OL in FA and draft....works for me. :)

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1

It works both ways though. I don't think LT played with any pro bowl lineman until they picked up mcneill.
              the rest of the line was just goff (3rd round by the bengals) Hardwick (3rd round) Deilman (was he even drafted?) and olivea (7th round).

Great RB can make an average line look good and visa versa. I think Thomas warrants a long look but there is some decent depth at the top of the second and third rounds on the oline that we can get (staley, grubbs, sears, ugoh, beekman, kalil, etc.) If we could somehow get 2 OL, a guy like mcbean or that hawaiian guy and peterson i'd prolly die.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'll agree with Freddy that a great RB can make an average OL look good. With that being the case, I'd like the draft to look like this, after we sign Dielman of course. :D
                1st-AD
                2nd-Staley/Grubbs/Sears(and I already know about Phil not taking interior OL early, please don't tell me)
                3rd-Mcbean, Alama-Francis, Best DL
                4rd-Doug Datish, he's the the swing C/OG Phil wants

I'm not doing the rest right now, I'm coming off the flu so I'm tired. How's that draft look though?

Comment

• First, I'm real pissed off the cavs didn't get mike bibby.

Anyway, Adalius Thomas wasn't franchised so the door is open for us to make a positive move in FA with him and ideally steinbach or deilman.

That would push CB up on our need list IMO, especially if Ross, Hughes, or someone like Houston is there at the top of the 2nd.

Finally, I read that K2s rehab from microfracture surgery will take about 3-4 months and is more involved than it was initially led on to be. I really think he could be out of the league in 3-4 years, the list of successful comebacks from that kind of surgery in the nfl is not glamorous and considering the browns luck i wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by jriles0522
                    Originally posted by RoyHall#1

It works both ways though. I don't think LT played with any pro bowl lineman until they picked up mcneill.
                    the rest of the line was just goff (3rd round by the bengals) Hardwick (3rd round) Deilman (was he even drafted?) and olivea (7th round).

Great RB can make an average line look good and visa versa. I think Thomas warrants a long look but there is some decent depth at the top of the second and third rounds on the oline that we can get (staley, grubbs, sears, ugoh, beekman, kalil, etc.) If we could somehow get 2 OL, a guy like mcbean or that hawaiian guy and peterson i'd prolly die.
                    Yes, it works both ways, but I think it works better with a great Oline than a great RB. Also, the Browns do not have an "average" line right now but if we do get a solid starter in free agency and draft 2 olinemen in the draft, one of them being in round 2 (maybe 3, if abiamari is there in rd 2)(or Carriker ) we could have an average line next year.

However, Peterson will only be a rookie and won't be great yet, so it's unrealistic to expect much from our running game next year, but the future is bright. (Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, with every Cleveland team I've ever watched that's never lived up to their "potential." I hate that word. :evil:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hail Browns
                      I'll agree with Freddy that a great RB can make an average OL look good. With that being the case, I'd like the draft to look like this, after we sign Dielman of course. :D
                      1st-AD
                      2nd-Staley/Grubbs/Sears(and I already know about Phil not taking interior OL early, please don't tell me)
                      3rd-Mcbean, Alama-Francis, Best DL
                      4rd-Doug Datish, he's the the swing C/OG Phil wants

I'm not doing the rest right now, I'm coming off the flu so I'm tired. How's that draft look though?
                      thats exactly what i said in my post a few up from here.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by jriles0522
                        First, I'm real pissed off the cavs didn't get mike bibby.

Anyway, Adalius Thomas wasn't franchised so the door is open for us to make a positive move in FA with him and ideally steinbach or deilman.

That would push CB up on our need list IMO, especially if Ross, Hughes, or someone like Houston is there at the top of the 2nd.

Finally, I read that K2s rehab from microfracture surgery will take about 3-4 months and is more involved than it was initially led on to be. I really think he could be out of the league in 3-4 years, the list of successful comebacks from that kind of surgery in the nfl is not glamorous and considering the browns luck i wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.
                        I second that on Bibby, did you read that article today? It got my hopes up. That ends the Cav's chances of a title this year. Maybe next year...(I have heard that way too much.)
                        Good news on Thomas although I would much rather have Clements and I do not want to use a 2nd rd pick on a CB although it would definitely be a need if we let it go in Free agency.

I read that about K2 as well. He is TOUGH. Looks like he wasn't lying about playing on 1 knee (and playing darn good at that).

Comment

• INDIANAPOLIS -- There was good news for the Browns Friday morning as they won the coin toss with Tampa Bay and will pick third overallin April's NFL Draft.

The teams gathered at 7:45 a.m. to toss the coin. Tampa Bay's representative called heads, and the coin came up tails.
                          Source: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6480

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen
                            INDIANAPOLIS -- There was good news for the Browns Friday morning as they won the coin toss with Tampa Bay and will pick third overallin April's NFL Draft.

The teams gathered at 7:45 a.m. to toss the coin. Tampa Bay's representative called heads, and the coin came up tails.
                            Source: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6480
                            You beat Scott :D

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

• I checked the trade value chart and I like what I see :D

If the Vikings trade with us, AD will more than likely be there at 7, and we would get the Vikings 2nd and 4th rnd picks for sure, maybe their 2nd and 3rd. 5 picks on Day 1 sounds good to me.

Comment

• Also, If AD isnt there then Alan Branch will be! This trade is making more and more sense and I will be upset if we do not make it. The only downside is well have no chance at Thomas, but I can live with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information