No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think a trade with the vikes would be possible, but 2008 picks might be involved...maybe 2008 2nd round

but the chart also shows that potential that 3 3rd round picks could get us to move up with you guys

i personally like the idea of

vikes give 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2008 3rd, Kinechi Udeze (hoping the vikes pick up Kerney)
    clevelan gives 1st

that value should be pretty equal because Udeze is at LEAST worth a 3rd round pick

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyisme
      i think a trade with the vikes would be possible, but 2008 picks might be involved...maybe 2008 2nd round

but the chart also shows that potential that 3 3rd round picks could get us to move up with you guys

i personally like the idea of

vikes give 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2008 3rd, Kinechi Udeze (hoping the vikes pick up Kerney)
      clevelan gives 1st

that value should be pretty equal because Udeze is at LEAST worth a 3rd round pick
      I don't think Udeze fits into a 3-4 defense. He's more of a 4-3 edge guy. He'd be of no value/interest to us. Give us a draft pick.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1
        Also, If AD isnt there then Alan Branch will be! This trade is making more and more sense and I will be upset if we do not make it. The only downside is well have no chance at Thomas, but I can live with that.
        Its not just us who needs to want to make the trade for it to happen. Personally, I don't see how the vikings can afford to. They have too many needs to address to be forfeiting the rest of their day 1 to get johnson, ESPECIALLY if one of the qbs appears to fall.

However if it does, and we are lucky enough to get their 2 and 3 rounders i'd be doing cartwheels in the street and i don't even know how. It's too hard to project what we'd do with all those picks although i think it makes Troy Smith a virtual lock to go to us.

We could also trade back up into the first round. Hell, we'd be in position to have one of the most epic drafts of all time. If you can't tell im officially so pumped if that would actually happen im saying prayers from now ill april 28th.

Also, if we get those extra picks, we could trade the top 2 and 3 rounders and the value works to get us to about the 20th pick. Just another idea to, if we take Quinn at 7, and lynch falls to 15-20. We'd have the ammo to go up and get him. Which would be hugeee. I don't think we could go wrong with this though assuming carriker falls to 20, which he prolly wont but hey we can dream.

How about this:
        1. Peterson
        1b. Carriker
        2. Grubbs/Sears/Staley/Tyler/Abiamiri
        3. McBean/Hawaii 5-0, etc/Beekman/T. Smith/a CB
        :twisted:

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• wouldn't it be great if the fate of the browns was changed by one coin flip. :D

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jriles0522
            Originally posted by RoyHall#1
            Also, If AD isnt there then Alan Branch will be! This trade is making more and more sense and I will be upset if we do not make it. The only downside is well have no chance at Thomas, but I can live with that.
            Its not just us who needs to want to make the trade for it to happen. Personally, I don't see how the vikings can afford to. They have too many needs to address to be forfeiting the rest of their day 1 to get johnson, ESPECIALLY if one of the qbs appears to fall.

However if it does, and we are lucky enough to get their 2 and 3 rounders i'd be doing cartwheels in the street and i don't even know how. It's too hard to project what we'd do with all those picks although i think it makes Troy Smith a virtual lock to go to us.

We could also trade back up into the first round. Hell, we'd be in position to have one of the most epic drafts of all time. If you can't tell im officially so pumped if that would actually happen im saying prayers from now ill april 28th.

Also, if we get those extra picks, we could trade the top 2 and 3 rounders and the value works to get us to about the 20th pick. Just another idea to, if we take Quinn at 7, and lynch falls to 15-20. We'd have the ammo to go up and get him. Which would be hugeee. I don't think we could go wrong with this though assuming carriker falls to 20, which he prolly wont but hey we can dream.

How about this:
            1. Peterson
            1b. Carriker
            2. Grubbs/Sears/Staley/Tyler/Abiamiri
            3. McBean/Hawaii 5-0, etc/Beekman/T. Smith/a CB
            :twisted:
            I love it when you talk like that. :twisted:
            We'd still have another pick on Day 1 that you didn't say if we trade up to get Carriker ( as long as we don't trade too far up).
            And, personally I wouldn't be a fan of this, but we could trade our 1st round pick to the middle of the first round for Carriker and have about 5 more picks, at least 2 of them on day 1. :D

But I like your draft better with Peterson as our pick. I would be neutral about trading down for Carriker after that but as for right now I am against it.

Comment

• I just had a revelation.

The Browns players who get hurt always have a clean bill of health in college (Winslow, Edwards, Jones, Brown, etc)

2 of our top targets in this year's draft have been injured in college, Thomas with a torn ACL and Peterson with the ankle and collar bone.

WHAT IF, we draft injured guys, so they already have their injuries OUT OF THE WAY, before they get to us and stay healthy forever.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by jriles0522
                I just had a revelation.

The Browns players who get hurt always have a clean bill of health in college (Winslow, Edwards, Jones, Brown, etc)

2 of our top targets in this year's draft have been injured in college, Thomas with a torn ACL and Peterson with the ankle and collar bone.

WHAT IF, we draft injured guys, so they already have their injuries OUT OF THE WAY, before they get to us and stay healthy forever.
                Sounds good :D ....but this ******* CLEVELAND!......They would die in a plane crash on the way here.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• guys you are forgetting something though kamerion wimbley broke the curse of our first round draft picks being injured.

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy G
                    Originally posted by jriles0522
                    I just had a revelation.

Sounds good :D ....but this *********** CLEVELAND!......They would die in a plane crash on the way here.
                    Yeah, it might be worse if they've already had problems. Like they'd drown in all the snow we have in ohio, but I like the thinking jriles. :D

Comment

• im saying prayers from now ill april 28th.
                      i'll say them with you.

i'd love to see a trade with the viks. it does work out and is entirely possible. and rumors are there set on that young QB they have. so they REALLY need a wide out.

i woulnt mind if we traded back up into the first rnd for carriker. or possibly even levi brown if he slipped. troy smith could be a lock, or micheal bush. and with the 3rd rnd pick we could take that DE from Hawaii.

Comment

• Thomas Jones wants out of Chicago. It will most likely cost a team not higher than a 4rth rounder to get him. What do you guys think about trading a pick for him? Im not convinced with Petersons running style/size.

We could then concentrate on our OL/DL or maybe even a QB of the future.

Link: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMontainya
                          Thomas Jones wants out of Chicago. It will most likely cost a team not higher than a 4rth rounder to get him. What do you guys think about trading a pick for him? Im not convinced with Petersons running style/size.

I don't want a stop gap...again.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy G
                            Originally posted by JoeMontainya
                            Thomas Jones wants out of Chicago. It will most likely cost a team not higher than a 4rth rounder to get him. What do you guys think about trading a pick for him? Im not convinced with Petersons running style/size.

I don't want a stop gap...again.
                            Not a fan. Plus if we do this before draft day we'd really be tipping our hand at who we'd want to draft and we'd lose a lot of leverage in trading our pick, IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Not a fan. Plus if we do this before draft day we'd really be tipping our hand at who we'd want to draft and we'd lose a lot of leverage in trading our pick, IMO.
                              We wouldnt make the trade until the 4rth round, we wouldnt be tipping anything.

Im just saying If we dont draft Peterson, I personally would like to have some proven depth at the RB position other than a 3rd down back.

Droughns and Jones/Harrison are better than Droughns and Harrison. Especially for a team thats use to having a RB injured at one point or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21
                                Originally posted by JoeMontainya
                                For real, everyone is way underrating Frye's arm. His arm is not Brett Favre's but it is not as weka like Brees' or Penningtons' in a sense, though those two's games are all about making reads and using great accuracy on their throws. If we get 2 good guards and Adrian Peterson then Frye will actually get a chance to throw this year and we'll find out if he can win games with a running game and protection.
                                Heres the difference, when Charlie throws harder, his accurancy dramatically decreases. I think this is due to him either rushing it (OL) or he just isnt very calm in the pocket. I liked it alot better when Anderson played and hes was supposed to be our 3rd string QB.
                                i have to agree with you joe, 100%. i dont think charlie's arm is as weak as chad's. but its nothing special. and while his problems can be fixed. a few of my buddies have settled on anderson. he compares to tom brady of yesterday. a helacious arm. quick read's. not very mobile but great pocket presence. i do like charlie's mobility, thats def. a plus for him. but if anderson can improve his decision making and work on his accuracy, then its not a contest on who would start between the 2.
                                Anderson isn't a quality type who can ever start in this league. All through his college career, he barely completed 50% of his passes and more importantly threw a lot of interceptions. With him, what you see now is what you get. A QB with accuracy problems who has a real tendacy to throw interceptions. He will always be a backup. It appears that we are going with Frye unless all the talk is a smokescreen so nobody trades with Detroit to secure Quinn ahead of us. Only draft day will tell!
                                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information