Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MattyFos View Post
    I haven't been on DC for a couple of months.. Please tell me that the people in here don't have a boner for Colt McCoy like all of the other browns sites I frequent. He's playing well, and I shouldn't expect much from a Rookie QB. but when he's under Center we are playing 9 on 11 because our wide outs aren't getting looks.
    I am excited about Colt McCoy, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. He needs to use his receivers. The only time he really seems to consistently do it is during the hurry up offense towards the end of the game. Beyond that, he's going to the tight ends and backs.

    But his poise and his ability to make plays are definitely things to build upon.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      I am excited about Colt McCoy, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. He needs to use his receivers. The only time he really seems to consistently do it is during the hurry up offense towards the end of the game. Beyond that, he's going to the tight ends and backs.

      But his poise and his ability to make plays are definitely things to build upon.

      Yeah, you're probably right. We need a freak receiver.

      Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

      Originally posted by CameronCropper
      I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

      Comment


      • The receivers are stacked in the draft this year, right? I'm thinking we could get a solid receiver in the second round. I think we need to draft front seven in the first round.

        Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

        Originally posted by CameronCropper
        I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MattyFos View Post
          The receivers are stacked in the draft this year, right? I'm thinking we could get a solid receiver in the second round. I think we need to draft front seven in the first round.
          I've been in the A.J. Green or defense in the 1st round camp for awhile, but if the Browns keep winning, they may end up with Julio Jones.

          But the front seven needs a **** ton of help.

          Comment


          • I would like to add a ball hawking Safety. But, Abe Elam has been playing better this year than last season. So it's not a dire need.

            I would like another CB, maybe in the 3-5 range.

            Linebacker and Dline should be 1 and 2 on our board.

            If we're sitting in the 10-15 range on draft day, move back a few spots and grab another second rounder. Then we could take Dline help, then with the two second round picks draft a WR (deep class) and a LB

            We need a RT

            I would like to get another RB. Hardesty will be back next year, but Mike Bell hasn't shown me anything. I'd like to get a speedster as the third Rb option. Maybe a return specialist because it seems like Cribbs is done with in the return game. (Think Laron Stephens- Howling/ Leon Washington) Get about 12 touches a game with returns, screens, and draws.


            That is ALL I want for Christmas.

            Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

            Originally posted by CameronCropper
            I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MattyFos View Post
              I would like to add a ball hawking Safety. But, Abe Elam has been playing better this year than last season. So it's not a dire need.

              I would like another CB, maybe in the 3-5 range.

              Linebacker and Dline should be 1 and 2 on our board.

              If we're sitting in the 10-15 range on draft day, move back a few spots and grab another second rounder. Then we could take Dline help, then with the two second round picks draft a WR (deep class) and a LB

              We need a RT

              I would like to get another RB. Hardesty will be back next year, but Mike Bell hasn't shown me anything. I'd like to get a speedster as the third Rb option. Maybe a return specialist because it seems like Cribbs is done with in the return game. (Think Laron Stephens- Howling/ Leon Washington) Get about 12 touches a game with returns, screens, and draws.


              That is ALL I want for Christmas.
              All I want for Christmas is one RT (middle rounds), a #1 WR (hopefully in the 2nd round), 6 of the defensive front 7 and a partridge in a pear tree.

              Too bad Christmas is going to come 5 months late...

              Good News Everyone: Colt McCoy is optimistic about being ready for the Bengals game and it sounds like he'll get the nod if he is ready.
              Last edited by kalbears13; 12-14-2010, 11:38 AM.

              Comment


              • Lol, 6 of the front 7... Awesome. I agree

                Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

                Originally posted by CameronCropper
                I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

                Comment


                • http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=37958

                  Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

                  Originally posted by CameronCropper
                  I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

                  Comment


                  • What if the Browns drafted another corner early in the draft. We need help across the board in 6 of our front 7. We'd need 5 of the front 7 is they would play Rogers at DE. But if we can get another stud corner like Peterson or Amukamara we could play man on the outside. Allowing TJ Ward to run free and freeing our LB up for more blitzes to hurry the QB. We won't get the pressure on the QB from a 34 defense without bringing Linebackers. But with another top of the line corner our "help D" (Linebackers and safeties) wouldn't be needed as much in coverage. Just an idea I'm throwing out there.

                    Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

                    Originally posted by CameronCropper
                    I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MattyFos View Post
                      What if the Browns drafted another corner early in the draft. We need help across the board in 6 of our front 7. We'd need 5 of the front 7 is they would play Rogers at DE. But if we can get another stud corner like Peterson or Amukamara we could play man on the outside. Allowing TJ Ward to run free and freeing our LB up for more blitzes to hurry the QB. We won't get the pressure on the QB from a 34 defense without bringing Linebackers. But with another top of the line corner our "help D" (Linebackers and safeties) wouldn't be needed as much in coverage. Just an idea I'm throwing out there.
                      Personally, I think giving up on Eric Wright would be a mistake. He has not had a good season, but he's talented, young, and probably won't cost too much. I have little doubt that if the front seven is better, Haden and Wright will both benefit. That has to be the way to go

                      Better run defense leads to more obvious passing situations makes coverage easier and in turn makes the improved front seven have more of a downhill effort on pressuring the quarterback
                      Last edited by wonderbredd24; 12-16-2010, 10:30 AM.

                      Comment


                      • I think that that a late round CB would be better value since there really is zero depth at that position.

                        Colt McCoy is announced the starter for the rest of the year.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                          I think that that a late round CB would be better value since there really is zero depth at that position.

                          Colt McCoy is announced the starter for the rest of the year.
                          They don't have zero depth at corner. Joe Haden, Eric Wright, and Sheldon Brown is not a bad situation. I think the late round corner is very reasonable though or UDFAs. Coye Francies was brought back in replacing Eric King. Hopefully he can contribute.

                          I hope McCoy is healthy and I am excited to see him play in the weather. That is really the last big test I want to see him pass and it's a swing right through the division.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            They don't have zero depth at corner. Joe Haden, Eric Wright, and Sheldon Brown is not a bad situation. I think the late round corner is very reasonable though or UDFAs. Coye Francies was brought back in replacing Eric King. Hopefully he can contribute.

                            I hope McCoy is healthy and I am excited to see him play in the weather. That is really the last big test I want to see him pass and it's a swing right through the division.
                            While those are 3 good players, there is no one on the roster behind them besides Mike Adams if someone goes down during a game. Will they be able to play a Nickel D? That might be their strategy though and just bring in guys when guys do get hurt...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                              While those are 3 good players, there is no one on the roster behind them besides Mike Adams if someone goes down during a game. Will they be able to play a Nickel D? That might be their strategy though and just bring in guys when guys do get hurt...
                              Consider their depth at any other position on this team and it looks pretty good.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                                Consider their depth at any other position on this team and it looks pretty good.
                                I consider it really top heavy. Our starters and backups are really good but we LITERALLY have no one behind them. Maybe that's a good thing though that they have enough faith in them to get it done. If you look at the LB'ers there is a lot of depth but then there are really no studs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information