Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
    I tuned in to the game late. Does anyone know what happened to Pinkston?
    I didn't have audio where I was at, so no.

Comment

• Yeah at this point I'm okay with Weeden for now. If the front office doesn't see a guy they like for the future in this draft, then put a different piece in place (Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Milliner, Best WR) and move forward with that.

Yes, I've been rough on Weeden but I can eat crow when it's appropriate. The dude is making things happen out there, it just sucks it coach is full re tard.

Do you guys see our run defense woes as talent deprivation or schematic issues? Both? We consistently get gashed for 5-6 yards it seems.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Hey guys I have a quick question for you. How do you feel about Josh Gordon going forward into next year? He had a good 3 week stretch, but seems to be getting lost in the shuffle again. The reason why I'm asking is because I'm in a dynasty league that only keeps starters and a flex player. My starting lineup is stacked, but my bench is awful so I'd prefer to keep a high upside guy like Gordon as my flex guy going into next season. Do you think he'll make the jump in year 2?

Comment

• There are a lot of elements to the equation. He has an extroidinarily incompetent play caller in Pat Shurmur and Weeden is okay to kind of good. He has undeniable talent and given the circumstances he has exceeded expectations. He went from not playing for two years to having an entire NFL playbooks thrown at him. Ive been satisfied with him and then some.

On to more of an answer for your question: we really cant say for sure until we make our head coaching hire and the FO gives an idea of what's going down at quarterback this offseason. I have no doubt he will improve his skillset moving forward but whether that translates into statistical production next season is up in the air, to say the least.

Comment

• He's been one of the best if not the best rookie WR this year. No doubting his talent, he's gonna be a legit high end #2 if not #1 receiver in the league it looks like. Him getting "lost in the shuffle" the last few weeks I don't think is accurate....He had a touchdown called back on a penalty against the Ravens (where Weeden looked really bad) and the Browns had a bye week this past week.

Comment

• Keep him. Regardless of how good he'll ultimately be he'll probably lead the team in TD catches again.

Originally posted by borg9
              Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Thanks Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17
                  Ummm. Thoughts on Mike Lombardi as GM? :(

Comment

• I didn't think of him as a candidate myself, there were rumors he was the favorite to replace Heckert (WHO SHOULDN'T BE ******* REPLACED ANYWAY) and I cringed and cried.

Comment

• What a Gabbert-esque performance by Weeden against the Packers. He's regressing, from not great to downright awful.

I think the Hoyer situation has really taken it out of him. It's clear to everyone, including him, that the team would be better if the QB play was better. The absolute nail for me was seeing him attempt another crazy shovel pass for the second straight week. The game is too fast for him. It's the only reasonable explanation why a seemingly smart guy makes yet another play like that in the heat of the moment. The pressure is mounting on him, on field and in the locker room, and it's instinctual panic.

I wasn't a fan of his coming out but, besides the age, which has nothing to do with how he's playing right now, BW had a lot of what teams want to see. Big arm, stature, accuracy, production, big wins, and was called a better athlete than he was given credit for.

I think his struggles emphasize the importance of speed in looking at QB prospects and why it's so hard to evaluate. Not running or foot speed but the ability to quickly process what's happening, anticipate and react. It's the key difference from college to pros- the speed the game.

The play on this week's MNF that injured Reggie Wayne demonstrates. Even a once in a lifetime prospect like Luck struggled on that play to quickly process and anticipate what was happening under heavy pressure in a crucial moment in a big game. He got the pass out but well under thrown and Wayne sprained his knee trying to slow and scoop it as his foot stuck. Not a terrible play by Luck but it shows just how fast a pro QB has to be able to execute in certain situations.

Hitting certain bench marks of arm strength/footwork/delivery/accuracy is necessary but after that, it's will this guy be able to speed up his processing and anticipation of what's happening.

Considering the Browns are 99% likely to draft one....
                      Of the potential high round QBs that might be available in April, which do you think will be able to process and anticipate in the pros best?

Teddy Bridgewater
                      John Manziel
                      Marcus Mariota
                      Brett Hundley
                      Tahj Boyd
                      Zach Mettenberger
                      Blake Bortles
                      David Carr
                      Sean Mannion

Comment

• There goes continuity, why would a GM fire his hire after one season????? Can someone explain this to me????? Is it his fault that we have no franchise QB???? Great start to a 3-5 year plan.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Banner and the Browns.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information