Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Calvin Johnson

    Originally posted by jriles0522
    Originally posted by KBN570
    At the scouting combine today (I was there with the media) I was absolutely blown away with Calvin Johnson. I was there with a lot of other receivers who said their strength is their size, and Calvin makes them look tiny. If he does have the agility he says he has and can leap like he can in game situations... oh my! He's billing himself as a Randy Moss type player with a Marvin Harrison attitude. We could be looking at the "Michael Jordan of Football" If I were Phil Savage I would seriously consider drafting Calvin with the #3 pick, even if the team need is elsewhere. The upside with Calvin is just HUGE!
    Don't say thattttttt it just complicates everything even more. Potential franchise QBs, RBs, LT, or a WR. I like Peterson but i really wouldn't blink if we picked johnson. How could you be upset with that pick? It would give Edwards a kick in the nuts if nothing else and let him see hes not hot s h it anymore and he better step up his game. Winslow could roam everywhere in the middle too if he ever gets healthy.
    Yeah, maybe not the first choice, but definitely couldn't be mad if we got him. I would be excited.

    DChess resizing inc.

    Reality is relative.

    We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

    Comment


    • Guard

      Crennel says you have a starting guard that is an UFA, is he any good? We may lose Dielman (maybe to you guys!!!), you guys got burned with the Bentley injury, this franchise is cursed like the Cubbies in baseball.

      Comment


      • Re: Guard

        Originally posted by bergo23
        Crennel says you have a starting guard that is an UFA, is he any good? We may lose Dielman (maybe to you guys!!!), you guys got burned with the Bentley injury, this franchise is cursed like the Cubbies in baseball.
        I'm not positive but i think hes talking about our RG Cosey Coleman. First, if the Browns are letting him walk, he can't be that good, and frankly hes not. He's a veteran guy who could spot start and be a valuable back up for a few years. If you're looking for more, look elsewhere.


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • In case you haven't heard, Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 at the combine today. This has many impacts on the Browns.

          1) If Johnson keeps blowing people away the Raiders will probably take him #1, meaning Jamarcus Russell will be there at 3 for the Browns. Interestingly enough i just read an article (I'll try to find the link) that said if Jamarcus would fall to 3, savage would take him "in a heartbeat" and make him his "signature draft pick".

          2) If Johnson is still availabe at 3, then I say we flip a coin on him or Peterson and frankly, it might just be safer to take CJ, even though as everyone knows i love Peterson.


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • yea after this run if johnson is there i jsut don't think we can pass him up. I know we have other needs but this seems to be a once in a decade player and you don't want to be the team that passed him up. Plus having another good WR wouldnt hurt. Imagine Winslow, CJ, and Braylon at the same time.


            props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CherryGarcia510
              yea after this run if johnson is there i jsut don't think we can pass him up. I know we have other needs but this seems to be a once in a decade player and you don't want to be the team that passed him up. Plus having another good WR wouldnt hurt. Imagine Winslow, CJ, and Braylon at the same time.


              Well, at the very least it would give an excuse not to resign Braylon after his contract is up in 2 years (or is it 3?).

              Us passing on him would be like Randy Moss falling to Minny...everyone regardless of their WRs wishes they would have taken him.

              DChess resizing inc.

              Reality is relative.

              We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

              Comment


              • Soo what happened to lynch's "4.3" speed. Peterson totally blew him away today. It has to be between peterson and johnson for us.


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jriles0522 View Post
                  Soo what happened to lynch's "4.3" speed. Peterson totally blew him away today. It has to be between peterson and johnson for us.

                  yep. I have like AD all long...by quite a bit.

                  DChess resizing inc.

                  Reality is relative.

                  We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

                  Comment


                  • Quinn & Stuff

                    I wouldn't think Quinn is out of the mix. So often teams pretend not to be interested in a guy that they really are. Quinn has so much upside, and very little downside for a QB. It's such an interesting draft for the Browns, because Quinn could be the starting QB for the next decade, CJ could be a HOF wide out, Branch could be a cornerstone of our defense for years, Peterson would be a huge upgrade for our running game.... sucks we can only pick one.... oh yeah, I shouldn't forget Joe Thomas could anchor our line at tackle for the next decade.

                    I do remember it mentioned that part of the "brady quinn's stock is slipping" is comming from the fact that his game has been broken down forwards, backwards, sideways, and any which way, while "experts" are still doing their homework on Russell. I've seen video of some amazing video on Russell, but I'm still would like to know what holes experts will find his game once they scrutinize him.

                    For those of you on the Carriker bandwagon, he said at his press conference earlier today that he hasn't spoken with the Browns yet, but the Steelers have shown significant interest.

                    Comment


                    • where's joemontanya at? would you still take lynch over peterson now?

                      i definately think that our pick is between CJ, AD, or Quinn. CJ wont supply the immediate impact that we would like to have, but he would make whoever i QB is next look a lot better. AD provides that fastest upgrade. which is probably why we'll take him since Crennel is in the hotseat. Quinn is starting be questionable for me. why is he not working out anywhere? no combine? i dont hold "lossing the big game" against him b/c it takes a whole team to win. but he does miss some easy passes everynow and again.

                      personally, i wouldnt be mad if crennel wasnt our head coach next year. i think he's failed twice now to make a decent coaching staff on the offensive side. i'd call marty.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                        where's joemontanya at? would you still take lynch over peterson now?

                        i definately think that our pick is between CJ, AD, or Quinn. CJ wont supply the immediate impact that we would like to have, but he would make whoever i QB is next look a lot better. AD provides that fastest upgrade. which is probably why we'll take him since Crennel is in the hotseat. Quinn is starting be questionable for me. why is he not working out anywhere? no combine? i dont hold "lossing the big game" against him b/c it takes a whole team to win. but he does miss some easy passes everynow and again.

                        personally, i wouldnt be mad if crennel wasnt our head coach next year. i think he's failed twice now to make a decent coaching staff on the offensive side. i'd call marty.

                        First I agree on JoeMontanya's whereabouts. I was the first to comment after he had that lynch article posted and i kind of went off on him. Hope i didn't scare him away.

                        Simmsy we agree on this draft it seems when it comes to prospects we like, but i do think Johnson will have an immediate impact. I think he pushes joe j. down to the third wideout after the first few games and starts with edwards from there. Maybe not quite the AD impact, but a big one nonetheless.

                        And last i agree about Crennel. I'm not very impressed. This is really his make or break year. His hires are questionable and sometimes i wonder if he's not getting the effort from our guys that he should be getting. Personally, I'd like a coach who shows a little more emotion and tries to light a fire under guys during the game. Just my opinion though.


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jriles0522 View Post
                          Personally, I'd like a coach who shows a little more emotion and tries to light a fire under guys during the game.
                          THATS WHAT I WANT TOO!!

                          Comment


                          • Well look at guys like Belichek, Lovie Smith, Dungy, Mangini now, Andy Reed, etc... they're like a brick wall, and they seem to get the job done.

                            Personally, i think Romeo is the best coach available we could have at this point. And your crazy if you think he has gotten a fair shot thus far. I say give him at least two more years. With that said, the only guy i would want to replace him is Mel Tucker the DB coach.

                            DChess resizing inc.

                            Reality is relative.

                            We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

                            Comment


                            • I'm still confident in Romeo's ability to get the job done. But, if we have another 4-12 season I wouldn't mind seeing him go. As for CJ, I really would rather have AD or Joe Thomas. Did you expect him to run anything more than a 4.4? I don't understand why everyone is jumping on his bandwagon now. He probably is the best player in the draft, but there are other guys who can help our team more.

                              Comment


                              • This is from nfl.com, I believe a Pat Kirwan article...


                                "Imagine Cleveland trading for Schaub and drafting Adrian Peterson. That would get the Browns fans interested in the future"

                                That would be one hell of a deal right there. Just curious what would you guys be willing to give up for Schaub. Our 2nd rounder? I'd think hard about that, even though I'm having trouble understanding why he even put us in the discussion for Schaub, it's the first I've heard of that.

                                Also, I think we really have to go o-line in round 2, there will be some good value there and if we draft peterson or even quinn or russell for that matter we have to get them help up front. I'm not so sure we will be able to get steinbach or deilman, and that will really put us in a hole.


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information