Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream Drafts

Originally posted by KBN570
    I always find it interesting when people make mock drafts around "perfect scenerios". I'd love to have a guy like Carriker fall to us in the 2nd round, but I don't think thats realistic at all. I've heard fans of other teams talk about wanting him for thier first round pick, so if we want him we'll definately have to trade up... best way to do that is trade down. I would love a draft where we trade down and get Lynch for our RB (or even snag Branch a few picks later) and have some picks to use to trade back up into the end of the first round and get Carriker, or even Staley at OT if his draft stock keeps rising.
    I've lobbying to take Peterson in the first, then trade up to the early 20s using our 2nd and 3rd round picks to nab Carriker. Probably be hard to find a partner, but the points work.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

The Browns schedule is out for 2007, not official time or dates yet, but heres the opponents.

ALL THE DIVISIONAL TEAMS plus....
      Buffalo Bills
      New England Pats
      Miami Dolphins
      NY Jets
      San Fran 49ers
      Arizona Cardinals
      Seatlle Seahawks
      St Loius Rams
      Houston Texans
      Oakland Raiders

Out of those games if we improve this offseason and play to our potential with little injuries, we could win 7 of those 10 games.

I was happy to see the 49ers, Cardinals, Texans, and Raiders on the list, not because they will still be bad, but they are at our competition level and will help us build comfidence.

Comment

Also I was watching a highlight of Wimbley on the Browns site and one of his sacks this year was vs. rookie LT Marcus Mcneal. It was impressive to see.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya
          The Browns schedule is out for 2007, not official time or dates yet, but heres the opponents.

ALL THE DIVISIONAL TEAMS plus....
          Buffalo Bills
          New England Pats
          Miami Dolphins
          NY Jets
          San Fran 49ers
          Arizona Cardinals
          Seatlle Seahawks
          St Loius Rams
          Houston Texans
          Oakland Raiders

Out of those games if we improve this offseason and play to our potential with little injuries, we could win 7 of those 10 games.

I was happy to see the 49ers, Cardinals, Texans, and Raiders on the list, not because they will still be bad, but they are at our competition level and will help us build comfidence.

Uh Oh, i can only confidently say we will win 2 non divisional games. Its too hard to tell now, but if lined up and played today...it wouldn't be pretty.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

i cant even say who we could beat. every year browns fans are saying "we'll be better next year" "this is our .500 year" "we're on the turn around" this scedule looks tougher than last years already rough schedule. i am glad to see we play that Pats. it'll give us a good idea at how we look at a consistantly good team. also, i'm glad we play the niners, as i am somewhat of a niner fan also.

Comment

well at least we dont play the super bowl champs this year like we have since weve been back in the league

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

Hey guys I'm new and a huge Brown's fan so I'll be on here quite a bit.

Comment

How come a lot of mock drafts have us getting a CB? To me Cornerback isn't a big need for the browns and should maybe be filled later, if not already done through FA.

Comment

Oh learned ones...

I've gotta say that I've enjoyed reading all (most) of your stuff, gents. Lots of interesting analysis.

Since you all are way ahead of me on the details, I'd like to get your feedback on a few items. Hopefully, you'll make it all clear to someone who's more overview oriented

1. I read a piece lately that pins Quinn's poor performance in meaningful games on his team. The old "he had to pass all day 'cause they had no D and his O-line had him hurried against strong Ds" take. Do you think that this situation differs much from what he'd have with the Brownies?

2. Are you giving up on Droughns when he had 1,000+ in '05? Do you think he's that degraded in one year or was it the O-line in 2006? With our O-line, would AP have more success than a veteran NFL 1,000 rusher?

3. Arguably, our biggest impact player on D is Wimbley. Even if you don't think so for '06, he will be soon. He's all upside. We grabbed him at 13, right? This draft isn't so weak that it's all in the top 5, is it?

Most of you want the impact O player, Quinn or Petersen but can this O-line be fixed enough in FA and 1 pick per round that they won't be a waste? Bad O-line = Couch/Green....Good O-line = Kosar-Sipe/Mack-Byner

Comment

Question for everyone: I really wanted to get Lavar last year over Willie but that didn't happen. Any chance we make a offer to him this year and get him a little cheaper? I really think he fits the bill of an OLB in the 3-4 and would have another year to learn from Willie.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

Re: Oh learned ones...

Originally posted by ClevelandDave
                        I've gotta say that I've enjoyed reading all (most) of your stuff, gents. Lots of interesting analysis.

Since you all are way ahead of me on the details, I'd like to get your feedback on a few items. Hopefully, you'll make it all clear to someone who's more overview oriented

1. I read a piece lately that pins Quinn's poor performance in meaningful games on his team. The old "he had to pass all day 'cause they had no D and his O-line had him hurried against strong Ds" take. Do you think that this situation differs much from what he'd have with the Brownies?

2. Are you giving up on Droughns when he had 1,000+ in '05? Do you think he's that degraded in one year or was it the O-line in 2006? With our O-line, would AP have more success than a veteran NFL 1,000 rusher?

3. Arguably, our biggest impact player on D is Wimbley. Even if you don't think so for '06, he will be soon. He's all upside. We grabbed him at 13, right? This draft isn't so weak that it's all in the top 5, is it?

Most of you want the impact O player, Quinn or Petersen but can this O-line be fixed enough in FA and 1 pick per round that they won't be a waste? Bad O-line = Couch/Green....Good O-line = Kosar-Sipe/Mack-Byner
                        Are all those questions rhetorical?

Because if they aren't...
                        1) No, but just because he didn't fulfill expectations, doesn't mean he's bad.
                        2) We also need to bring in a new studly back to take over when he's done.
                        3)More like Top 8

I'm only 16 so I don't really know about the O-Lines of the past so I can't really answer the question.

BTW...How would you feel if we had that draft...\/ \/ \/ \/

And what would you think if we got </\</\</\</\</\</\< /\ helmets as like an alternate every so often.

Comment

After thinking about it for a while i think this would be the best scenario for the browns.

1. Raiders-JaMarcus Russel
                          2. Lions-Adrian Peterson (after they hear Kevin Jones is out until midseason)

If we are sitting at 3 I see the Vikings trading up and choosing Calvin. Now in this trade we concede Joe Thomas to the Bucs or Cardinals but i like our options at 7. We would pick up draft picks for the trade which we could put to good use and we would also get a good player. In this scenario we would most likely have Brady Quinn or Alan Branch to choose from. Im a supporter of Quinn so i would like that but Alan Branch is really growing on me. He is a reach in my opinon at 3, but at 7 i think he would be a great pick. First we need to win the coin toss to get more leverage and if we do win, the trade options open up hopefully giving us more picks while still drafting a big time player in hte 1st

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig

Comment

Well i should have done some more research. Now im reading Jones will be back by week 1. But i still like that trade if Peterson is not available for us

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig

Comment

Re: Oh learned ones...

Originally posted by ClevelandDave

1. Quinn's performance in big games is related to his team. he doenst have all-pro talent surounding him. if he were to come to clevelend, the only thing that would hold him back would be our O-line.

2. personally, i'm not giving up on droughns, but AP is to hard to pass on. droughns isnt that good, he just runs ppl over. he'd be a sweet FB. thats about it. AP is better in every aspect except for duriblility, and that is becoming a concern with droughns as he isnt gettin younger.

3. this draft is very top heavy. most will agree to that. and most of us have come to agree that a trade down with the viks would be completly possible.

we really only need two guards. if we got one good one(steinbech/Deilman) and one decent, then we would be to a good start. also, whatch for one of the younger players to take over that other spot(sowells, smith, matua)

Question for everyone: I really wanted to get Lavar last year over Willie but that didn't happen. Any chance we make a offer to him this year and get him a little cheaper? I really think he fits the bill of an OLB in the 3-4 and would have another year to learn from Willie.
                              i think we would go after adalius thomas first, if anything since he did get drafted by savage. but, IMO, we wont sign another starting LB this year.

Comment

So why is everyone against taking thomas?

And how do you do the white box thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information