Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
    Over half a ton is kind of pushing it...
    now that made me laugh!
    Originally posted by Joe Wille Namath
    I wanna kiss you!

Comment

• Originally posted by KBN570 View Post
      now that made me laugh!
      2-2! Something about this thread...

Comment

• ok i honestly think we are going to make a huge jump this year. Look at how many close games we let slip away from us last year to very good teams. We addressed some of our glaring problems and I dont think there is anyway we will have the injury problems we had last year. Last year was terrible with injuries. All of the teams in our divison took a step back this year and we have been improving. I think we have a good shot at 8 and 8 this year finishing second in our divison.

Comment

• True. Jamal Lewis hasnt been in this shape in almost 3-4 years. He will be a force, even if he isnt what he use to be, but hes still a prime age for a stud NFL RB. Edwards and Winslow are going into there first veteran seasons healthy by game 1. Theres great QB competition to bring out the best in 3 solid athletes. Our D has some solid upgrades and better yet good depth. Our offensive coordinator will be amazing compared to our old one. And the time has a fire lit under them starting with the coaches. This might be one of the first years since our return where everyone will be on the same page.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be crazy if Ken Dorsey somehow won the QB competition?

Comment

• i wouldn't count out injuries plauging us again because they always plauge us. i think it was 2004 we had i think 13+ guys on the IR at the end of the year, so it isn't uncommon for alot of our starters to get injured. whats gonna seperate the wins from the losses is how deep we are. so we just have to hope we did a good enough job supplying ourselves with good depth guys

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• I just found this on a Dallas Morning News/Cowboys Blog, so ignore the little petty comments. But any truth to it? Just curious

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Frye named Browns' starting QB

This news is actually a little more than a week old, but I just saw it. Charlie Frye has been named Cleveland's starting quarterback, which you care about because of the high probability that the Browns will be bad enough to give the Cowboys a top-five pick in next season's draft.

Oh, one minor detail: WR Braylon Edwards was the one who made and announced this decision.

"I want to go on record. Charlie is our guy,'' Edwards told the Akron Beacon-Journal.

I always thought a receiver should have at least one 1,000-yard season before declaring that a first-round pick can rot on the bench. I'm sure Brady Quinn appreciated the vote of confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  I just found this on a Dallas Morning News/Cowboys Blog, so ignore the little petty comments. But any truth to it? Just curious

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/
                  I'm pretty sure Braylon was talking about as of now. Charlie is the guy working with the 1st team so he's our starting QB. The starter come Week 1 against the Steelers will be decided during training camp, says Romeo Crennel.

Comment

• Really? I took that to mean that Braylon is calling Quinny boy a bust and that the coaches have already given up on him. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple N Proud View Post
                      Really? I took that to mean that Braylon is calling Quinny boy a bust and that the coaches have already given up on him. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to I guess.
                      Really? I was thinking that maybe Frye is the veteran and right now he's the starting qb during OTA's. I really doubt any rookie quarterbacks are with the first team during OTA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple N Proud View Post
                        Really? I took that to mean that Braylon is calling Quinny boy a bust and that the coaches have already given up on him. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to I guess.
                        Well Braylon is on the third team and last among receivers in OTA's. They said he fell behind missing the first day and has been at the end of the WR line and has been on the field with the 3rd team.

That MUST mean that Braylon might get cut by training camp.

They aren't going to call a first round pick a bust and give up on him before training camp even starts. Try thinking before you post.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
                          Well Braylon is on the third team and last among receivers in OTA's. They said he fell behind missing the first day and has been at the end of the WR line and has been on the field with the 3rd team.

That MUST mean that Braylon might get cut by training camp.

They aren't going to call a first round pick a bust and give up on him before training camp even starts. Try thinking before you post.
                          I think he was talking about Quinn.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                            I think he was talking about Quinn.
                            I know.

I was just countering with Braylon being last in reps, really has no voice over Quinn and they aren't going to give up on Quinn before anything [training camp, mini camp, preseason, etc] happens.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                              About the only thing I can do, I admit everyone here knows more about football than I do.
                              don't worry, I know even less :D.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
                                don't worry, I know even less :D.
                                Is that a challenge?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information