Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • well a couple things, inside minicamp on nfl network is doing inside browns minicamp tonight at 8et, grantham was resigned to a 2 year deal, so all good things


    Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

    Comment


    • The Browns forum needs to get going again.

      I posted this a while ago and got mixed reviews...



      What if we had something like this with the alt. oranges. It kinda reminds me of what the chargers do with their powder blues. I wouldn't want this as a permanent thing. I'm just throwing things out because this forum needs something in it and I drew this and wanted some feedback...

      Comment


      • That bottom helmet reminds me of Texas, so I don't really like it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
          That bottom helmet reminds me of Texas, so I don't really like it.
          Jeez...you do know what the Texas helmet looks like right? At least Texas wins games. I've even got that it looks like a Michigan helmet. I wonder where you all get these ideas...

          Comment


          • wow, that is incredibly ugly. The helmets are perfect as they are -best in the league along with St.Louis'. The gray facemasks was an ingenious idea. I always liked the old gray ones better than the white.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
              Jeez...you do know what the Texas helmet looks like right? At least Texas wins games. I've even got that it looks like a Michigan helmet. I wonder where you all get these ideas...
              I'm not saying it looks like the Texas helmet, it just reminds me of Texas.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                wow, that is incredibly ugly. The helmets are perfect as they are -best in the league along with St.Louis'. The gray facemasks was an ingenious idea. I always liked the old gray ones better than the white.
                I agree.

                I think our helmets should remain how they are. I like them.

                I only want to change our symbol. I like the elf the best. I'm not a real big fan of the dog they came out with for awhile and the helmet is just to plain.

                The elf as our symbol is the best....

                Last edited by j05son; 06-18-2007, 11:43 PM.

                Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

                Comment


                • Fans

                  A 2006 study conducted by Bizjournal determined that Browns fans are the most loyal fans in the NFL. The study was largely based on fan loyalty during winning and losing seasons (however, it does not account for the ratio of winning to losing seasons by a team), attendance at games, and challenges confronting fans (such as inclement weather or long-term poor performance of their team). [2] The study noted that Browns fans filled 99.8% of the seats at Cleveland Browns Stadium during the last seven seasons, despite a combined record of 36 wins and 76 loses over that span. [3]

                  The most prominent organization of Browns fans is the Worldwide Browns Backers. The organization has approximately 50,000 members and is considered the largest sports-fan organization in the USA. [4] Browns Backers clubs can be found in every major city in the United States, and in a number of military bases throughout the world, with the largest club being in Phoenix, AZ. In addition, the organization has a sizable foreign presence in places as far away as Egypt, Australia, Japan, and Sri Lanka.

                  Perhaps the most visible Browns fans are those that can be found in the Dawg Pound. The Dawg Pound is located at the east end zone of Cleveland Browns Stadium and features hundreds of fans clad in orange and brown and canine attire. The fans are known to be rowdy and loud and have impacted many games.

                  Drew Carey, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, home run king and Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron, acclaimed scientologist Bernard Iacampo, jazz flutist Bruce Fratcher, offbeat funnyman and actor Martin Mull, WWE hall of famer Jerry "The King" Lawler, Muhammad Ali, and world renowned groove merchant Dennis Byrne are also known to be Cleveland Browns fans.
                  Found this at Wikipedia while getting the elf pic...

                  Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

                  Comment


                  • pre-camp predictions:

                    for game one:
                    Starting QB- Charlie Frye
                    Starting LT- Joe Thomas
                    Starting RT- Kevin Shaffer
                    Starting RG- Seth McKinney

                    Starting CB- Eric Wright
                    Starting MLB's- Leon Williams, Jackson


                    the reports thus far have been that Wright is standing out alot. Both MLB's spots are up for grabs. And Derek Anderson is doing the best so far.

                    i think wright will make it. and once the pads go on, Thomas will shine. also, DA will crumble once the pads go on, i think.
                    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
                      pre-camp predictions:

                      for game one:
                      Starting QB- Charlie Frye
                      Starting LT- Joe Thomas
                      Starting RT- Kevin Shaffer
                      Starting RG- Seth McKinney

                      Starting CB- Eric Wright
                      Starting MLB's- Leon Williams, Jackson


                      the reports thus far have been that Wright is standing out alot. Both MLB's spots are up for grabs. And Derek Anderson is doing the best so far.

                      i think wright will make it. and once the pads go on, Thomas will shine. also, DA will crumble once the pads go on, i think.
                      I'm not the biggest andra davis fan, too slow, makes too many tackles downfield rather than at the line, not a playmaker, just kind of solid i guess.

                      That aside, i don't see williams starting right away, although this WILL happen next year, if not later in the season.

                      As for the o-line, I agree with McKinney at RG, though itd be nice to see Sowells, just because we drafted him, but he's probably a year or two away.

                      Are Shaffer and Tucker equally likely and capable to move to RG? Just curious.

                      For what its worth those striped helmets are too much of a rams/michigan rip off for me. I do love the elf though. Hell, change our name to the Elves, and pass out those keebler elf cookies at the games, those are outstanding. jeez talk about going off on a tangent.
                      Last edited by jriles0522; 06-20-2007, 12:09 PM.


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jriles0522 View Post
                        For what its worth those striped helmets are too much of a rams/michigan rip off for me. I do love the elf though. Hell, change our name to the Elves, and pass out those keebler elf cookies at the games, those are outstanding. jeez talk about going off on a tangent.
                        I can see how they would look like the Chargers or the Rams...but Michigan?!??!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                          I can see how they would look like the Chargers or the Rams...but Michigan?!??!

                          lol sorry. its just the whole thin striped going to the back. Yea, yours has 2 and their's 3 stripes and yours might not converge in the back, but still, maybe it's just i hate them so much, it just reminds me of it. Upon further review, i change looking like it to, resembling it.

                          call me crazy but a leopard looks a helluva lot like a cheetah at first glance, it ain't a cheetah till you look at both of em for a while, but the resemblance will get ya.

                          that's about the best analogy i got.

                          yours

                          michigan

                          cheetah

                          leopard
                          Last edited by jriles0522; 06-20-2007, 04:31 PM.


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Scott's analysis of the Brown's draft is on the front page... we got an A. No real surprises in his explanations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jriles0522 View Post
                              I'm not the biggest andra davis fan, too slow, makes too many tackles downfield rather than at the line, not a playmaker, just kind of solid i guess.

                              That aside, i don't see williams starting right away, although this WILL happen next year, if not later in the season.

                              As for the o-line, I agree with McKinney at RG, though itd be nice to see Sowells, just because we drafted him, but he's probably a year or two away.

                              Are Shaffer and Tucker equally likely and capable to move to RG? Just curious.

                              For what its worth those striped helmets are too much of a rams/michigan rip off for me. I do love the elf though. Hell, change our name to the Elves, and pass out those keebler elf cookies at the games, those are outstanding. jeez talk about going off on a tangent.
                              i really dont think Sowells will get the job. your right, it probably wont happen this year, so McKinney will probably get the spot. its still to hard to tell before the pads go on. BUT, there's been a alot of talks about how Matua is progressing, and last season there was some raves about Smith. worst case scenario, we finally have good depth at the interior line. 3 of them being young guys who could all eventully turn into starters for someone.
                              When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

                              Comment


                              • Any word on how Brady Quinn's doing out of Browns camp?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information