No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if he got 300 against any team, i'd be thrilled. i'd be happy with 296 too. as long as he beat his old record. i'm expecting 1300 yards from him either way.
    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      Yeah, that would be a nice way to pay them back. But honestly, if he got his 300 against a team like Pittsburgh or Cincy that would be almost as nice too.
      If it's not the Stillers or the Ratbirds, then it's gotta be 350.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else has looked at our roster lately, but everyone has gotten bigger. I mean, all teams list guys a little heavier, i think....but just about everyone has gained weight.

Notables:
        Sean Jones: was 216, now 225
        K-Dub: was 245, now 260
        D'Qwell: was 228, now 240
        Ted: was 365, now 375 (i think it is closer to 400 though)
        Fat Hank: was 300, now 315
        Leon Williams: was 238, now 250 (though he was 244 at the combine)
        Baba Osh: was 305, now 325

A couple these guys, mostly last years rookies, gained a lot of weight. Of course they are expected to gain, i just hope it is "good" weight (lean muscle).

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• I thought Jerome Harrison bulked up too.

Comment

• brodney pool is gonna start a free for you guys this year...sorry if it was already posted or u guys already knew that

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              brodney pool is gonna start a free for you guys this year...sorry if it was already posted or u guys already knew that
              We pretty much expected Sean Jones and Brodney Pool to be the starters, yes.

Comment

• Im gonna state my opinion weather people agree or not. Brodney Poole is not a safety. He is a CB. And if he got a full season of practice at CB, he would be better than at safety. Im all for a healthy Baxter at FS and Poole at CB, but with Baxters contract and health, this wont happen. Poole is listed around 6'1 210 or 215 but on the field compared to others he looks about 5'10 190.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                  Im gonna state my opinion weather people agree or not. Brodney Poole is not a safety. He is a CB. And if he got a full season of practice at CB, he would be better than at safety. Im all for a healthy Baxter at FS and Poole at CB, but with Baxters contract and health, this wont happen. Poole is listed around 6'1 210 or 215 but on the field compared to others he looks about 5'10 190.
                  i seen you post this about pool before( there's no "e"), but i dont understand why. he hasnt played corner since high school/early college. and when he was forced into the CB position last year, he said it was weird for him b/c he's so used to playing with his body facing the ball instead of running with a receiver. i'm not disagreeing with you, i just wondered how you come to this. i'm all for baxter at FS too, but i'd rather see Pool there. either way i'll be happy, we went from a depleted secondary to a rather crowded one. thats fine with me.

Comment

• well i don't know about the rest of you but i really hope we start signing some of our rookies cough joe thomas, brady quinn, eric wright. before training camp starts.
                    i've heard rumors that thomas and quinn will hold out which would be a bad idea for quinn and well we just need joe on our oline so im hopping we get deals done soon

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
                      well i don't know about the rest of you but i really hope we start signing some of our rookies cough joe thomas, brady quinn, eric wright. before training camp starts.
                      i've heard rumors that thomas and quinn will hold out which would be a bad idea for quinn and well we just need joe on our oline so im hopping we get deals done soon
                      phil always waits till the last few days. wimbley didnt sign until i think 4 or 5 days before camp last year. we're good.

Comment

Im gonna state my opinion weather people agree or not. Brodney Poole is not a safety. He is a CB. And if he got a full season of practice at CB, he would be better than at safety. Im all for a healthy Baxter at FS and Poole at CB, but with Baxters contract and health, this wont happen. Poole is listed around 6'1 210 or 215 but on the field compared to others he looks about 5'10 190.
                        We're better off keeping Pool at FS though. He has the size and skill set to be a really good pro bowl caliber FS in the NFL. That's why we have guys like Wright and Bodden to play corner so our best option at FS can stay there. He would be a good CB if kept at that spot, but his potential at safety seems greater. I love the prospect of a Jones/Pool tandem if they both turn out to be as good as their potential is.

Comment

We're better off keeping Pool at FS though. He has the size and skill set to be a really good pro bowl caliber FS in the NFL. That's why we have guys like Wright and Bodden to play corner so our best option at FS can stay there. He would be a good CB if kept at that spot, but his potential at safety seems greater. I love the prospect of a Jones/Pool tandem if they both turn out to be as good as their potential is.
                          I like the idea that Pool can play FS or CB, but I would like him to just play FS. If both Pool and Jones were to reach their potential, you're talking about one of the better safety tandems in the NFL. I'm hoping that Pool shows up for us this year, and Jones just makes a little improvement over last season, even if he did do very well.

On another note, ClevelandBrowns.com has started doing evaluations of each position. I think they sound a bit too optimistic about some of the things, but if anyone's bored, it might be good to eat up some time.

And concerning our picks, I'm just hoping we get them all in camp on time. We haven't signed any of our picks yet, but I'm not terribly worried.

We did sign a WR named Maurice Mann the other day. A 2004 5th rounder out of Nevada drafted by the Bengals. Anyone know anything else about him?
                          Last edited by Hail Browns; 07-16-2007, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• As I predicted, the next draft pick to sign is Mel Pucell. Four years according to the OBR. Steptoe should be next.

Comment

As I predicted, the next draft pick to sign is Mel Pucell. Four years according to the OBR. Steptoe should be next.
                              You are good at predicting that crap and mock drafts I swear you have some inside info we don't have :)

Comment

I gotta disagree with ya man, I think Pool is better set at FS...

SS - Jones
                                FS - Pool
                                CB - Bodden
                                CB - Wright
                                CB - Baxter/Holley

I LOVE that defensive backfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information