• Show
Clear All

• Hopefully this can be our D-Backfield Sometime in the future:

LCB-Bodden
    RCB-Wright
    FS-Pool
    SS-Jones
    NB-McDonald

I love the McDonald kid (not the clown for the big mac place, the DB). I think he'll be a steal for us and become a solid #3 corner and probably end up starting somewhere in the future ala Roderick Hood. He can play CB, FS, and even a little PR.

And I was saying before the draft that Wright is a future pro bowler. I loved it when Phil took him.

Comment

• Brandon McDonald and Syndric Steptoe both signed today per the OBR. Right about that one two. Look for Eric Wright and Joe Thomas to sign a few days into training camp. Hopefully I'm wrong about Wright, I hope we get him in there right around the start of full squads. Quinn will probably hold out for at least a week into TC.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        Brandon McDonald and Syndric Steptoe both signed today per the OBR. Right about that one two. Look for Eric Wright and Joe Thomas to sign a few days into training camp. Hopefully I'm wrong about Wright, I hope we get him in there right around the start of full squads. Quinn will probably hold out for at least a week into TC.
        Maybe your name is really Phil Savage and instead of going to the press first you go to NFLDC so you get rep bars.

Comment

• espn reported contract talks between the browns and quinn have began again so maybe he signs sooner then keylime predicted

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• I wish he would, but I've heard that after yesterday's contract talks between Condon and the Browns, no progress has been made. I sure hope he suprises and signs by camp.

Comment

• i thought thomas was gonna hold out along with quinn

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946356

sounds like bentley is ready to go for you guys this year. im glad for him. seems like he went through a lot and that he's a genuinely good guy whos passionate about the game. if you guys get joe thomas in TC early enough you guys should have a pretty solid o-line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946356

sounds like bentley is ready to go for you guys this year. im glad for him. seems like he went through a lot and that he's a genuinely good guy whos passionate about the game. if you guys get joe thomas in TC early enough you guys should have a pretty solid o-line.
                  well i dont think that bently will be in game shape for a while..he may have gotten cleared but that doesnt mean that hes in shape

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946356

the o-line should be pretty devastating. we have way to much money invested in it for it to be less than amazing.

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    well i dont think that bently will be in game shape for a while..he may have gotten cleared but that doesnt mean that hes in shape
                    your 100% right. but its been made clear that when bentley clears our team physical he'll be taking it slow for a few weeks. i'm sure a few weeks really means half way threw preseason before he takes full amount of reps. nonetheless, we actually have the makings of a good/great o-line, and one with good depth.
                    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Actually Bentley has been rehabbing so it's not like he's completely out of shape and needs weeks to get his body where it should be. But still he will need time to get into full shape, but his knee is definitely getting stronger if he has been working this month like he said he would. I know it was tender a little while ago and he said he'd slowly build his leg back up to get stronger. His relentless rehab and desire to play is what has gotten him to pass that physical.

As for the rookies, Wright probably won't sign until around the start of camp and he might hold out a little bit like I said previously, but since they have a little time to talk before camp starts I wouldn't be suprised if he did get signed soon enough leaving us with only the 2 first rounders to sign.

Comment

• I for one, am not too excited by Bentley's return just yet. Passing a physical can mean a lot of things. It can mean you cannot damage your knee anymore by playing, it can mean your knee is sound enough to play but not necessarily as sound as it was before you were injured. It can mean you can play but you aren't going to be the same player you were before you were injured. Football is a very tough game and Bentley may be only a shadow of the player he was. TC and the exhibition season will give us some incite into his current talent level, until then, the odds are against him ever being the player he was.
                        Let's hope he can come back but like I said, I have to see a lot more before I get too excited.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

• There is no doubt in my mind that Bentley will pass all his physicals. The only question is that if his knee is strong enough for him to play offensive line with pads and full speed and contact. I was skeptical that we'd see Bentley until at least week 7 since I thought we'd PUP him....But I'm a lot more optimistic now. I absolutely believe that Bentley will play this season though and that we'll see him for all of 2008. I think his comeback will be successful.

Comment

• Thomas and Wright both signed, this makes me very happy.

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Hopefully we can get Quinn in during the next couple days. I don't think his holdout will be that lengthy afterall really.

As for Wright and Thomas, I think that they'll both be opening day starters vs. the Stoolers.

Comment

• Thomas will be starting (whether at RT or LT...too early to tell) i agree there. However, as much as Wright has impressed so far, i don't expect to see him starting until week 3-5. Romeo just doesn't like rookies. Remember, Sowells and Williams were impressive last year this time and Sowells never played and Williams got in because of injuries (and Mike Vick), so...

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information