Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
    Thomas will be starting (whether at RT or LT...too early to tell) i agree there. However, as much as Wright has impressed so far, i don't expect to see him starting until week 3-5. Romeo just doesn't like rookies. Remember, Sowells and Williams were impressive last year this time and Sowells never played and Williams got in because of injuries (and Mike Vick), so...
    Romeo is fair about the position battles. D'Qwell was a second rnd pick, and he started day one. whats going to determine if Wright starts or not is Baxter. if he comes back, then we have 4 starting caliber corners, assuming Holly continues his good progress he started making last year and that Wright doesn't turn into a bust. Bodden is a lock, but the other 3 are in battle. its all who out plays who, and i fully expect Wright to beat out Baxter and Holly and we end up re-negotiating Baxter's contract.

keylime, since you somehow(but greatly appreciated) know what is going on in Savage's head and on paper before everyone else knows, what do you think?
    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• anybody going to camp tomorrow morning

Comment

• K2 is passed his physical and is off the PUP. Supposedly Baxter can pass as well, but he will not have his physical until monday.

Things are looking up.

However, even if Baxter passes, i only expect him to be a shadow of his former self and probably be relegated to safety and/or nickel packages. Not saying that as a bad thing because his experience is what will really help us, and the fact that he is able to even step on a field is a miracle in its own right.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• im surprised quinns contract has taken this long, because his agent should realize that he isn't the first quarterback to fall that far, look no further then 3 years ago when aaron rodgers feel to the packers. If i was savage i would have told quinns agent that he is only getting what rodgers got, maybe a little bit more

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• I think Quinn gets signed sometime this week. The holdout won't be that long.

As far as QBs who are in camp go, this morning in 11-on-11s, Charlie Frye supposedly looked better than Anderson, or at least he didn't looked as terrible as Anderson. I think that the fact that Frye has more experience, and didn't do any worse than Anderson last year, along with the fact that Frye actually played pretty well against the Steelers will give Frye the starting job after TC.

Comment

• I stopped that official Browns media thread I had going once I realized it was against the TOS/rules...

So for those of you who don't read the Plain Dealer.

K2 participated in full contact drills. He is said to be looking very nice, but as a precautionary measure, he will only do one of the two a days with a full day off now and then.

K2 also fired controversial agent(s) Poston(s) and hired a new controversial agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Yes, the same Drew that is TO's agent, who is a fan of restructuring contracts, and is an agent for 15 U members. Winslow said he feels more comfortable with Drew and Drew's connection with the U and being located in South Florida. The Plain Dealer had an anonymous source that said the Browns like Drew more than the Postons.....

Anderson took the reps at QB with the first team yesterday, throwing a pick to Pool before setteling down. Was said to have a nice throw to Edwards and winslow [i think]. Frye was picked off by Bodden and was said to have nice throws to Cribbs and Wilson. Also, talks with Condon [Quinns' agent] has been up and the Browns are hoping to have him in by next week. Crennel was quoted as something like "Brady has a playbook but is already falling behind. He isn't taking snaps under center, feeling the blitz, looking for the recievers..."

Some expert talk from the plain dealer says that we, the fans, shouldn't be surprised if Ken Dorsey is on the roster as a QB. They also mention about how Condon was Leinart's agent and ML and BQ are in similar situations and Matt held out to Week 1 of preseason.

I would guess whoever doesn't win the starter job, Anderson/Frye, will be traded and the 3 QB's will be Anderson/Frye, Quinn, Dorsey.

I almost forgot: Also in the Plain Dealer, in the TC open to the public, Chud showed some trickery with a fake reverse Cribbs pass that was said to be a bullet.

So with 4 capable QB's, and an ex-college QB ie emergency type, we potentially have 5QB's and I would bet on a trade of Frye or Anderson to help cap room, etc....

I personally think Frye has more [trade] value than DA.

edit: Thomas starting repping with the first team at LEFT TACKLE, and Shaffar was at the RT spot. They didn't say who was at RG; it's been McKinney but I don't know if they tried Tucker there yet or not...

and again i edit: Lewis was said to awe the fans with his inside running rampage game....Granthom was asked about his defensive lineman and he said they provide him with shade.....LAWLZ
              Last edited by j05son; 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM. Reason: added edit....was rereading and noticed I forgot taht.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Anyone lovin what Charles Ali has been acomplishing at TC etc...?

I heard he is running people over and has shown very good hands. On the flip side not one word is being mentioned about Vickers?

Interesting to see Thomas allready at LT, but very glad Shaffer is at RT. Hope to see Tucker at RG until Bentley or Fraley get an opportunity to take it away from him.

Great to hear Buck Ortega catching the ball so well and learning the offense possibly better than anyone at this point.

Also there was a great article on the Browns webpage 7-29-07 about Lewis, Harrison, and Andra Davis. Sounds like Harrison has some good size to him this year compared to last and is ready to make an impact.

Im really loving Braylons new attitude and he is easily gaining respect from many Browns fans.

Eric Wright makes me smile every time I think we only had to use a 2nd RD pick on a top 15 talent.

Comment

• well now that baxter is back and has a chance to be ready for opening day, our CB position went from being a weak point to a strong point in my eyes.

Depth chart assuming Baxter is back to full health like he believes he will be

1. Bodden
                  2. Baxter
                  3. Wright(Eric)
                  4. Holly
                  5. Wright(kenny)
                  6. Minter

I can't remember if the other DB we selected is going to play corner or saftey but that depth chart looks preety good to me

Comment

• I think we're gonna keep 6 CBs this year, 10 DBs altogether, meaning we keep 6 DLinemen and 9 Linebackers. Baxter and McDonald both can play CB and Safety. Here's who I say are the favorites to be those 6 so far:
                    1-Bodden
                    2-E.Wright
                    3-Baxter
                    4-K.Wright
                    5-Holly
                    6-McDonald

Minter is hurt and McDonald looks great out there, not to mention he can be the #2 punt returner on the depth chart....it's not looking good for DeMario's roster spot.

Comment

• i didn't realize minter was still hurt,

Comment

• I know he had a boot on at the start of TC, but I think he might be back now, not sure. Still, it'll be harder for him to make the team I think nonetheless.

Comment

• then yes i would replace mcdonald for minter on my depth chart.

Comment

• Apparently the RBs, OLine, Linebackers, DBs, and TEs have all looked great in camp so far. Hearing rave reviews about the O-Line, Jamal Lewis, and Kellen Winslow in particular. Eric Wright is working with the first team already and is pretty good. Things I like to hear. Although the QBs apparently are said to look really bad, the D-Line doesn't look that great, and the WRs are inconsistent and not really looking too good. (though I have faith that the WRs will come around by the season, especially Edwards/Jurevicius/Carter who we will be using the most).

Comment

• i hope to see good things out of wilson, because out of all our draft picks last year i think he has to most to prove.

Comment

• Well, i am pretty sure we all expected (or at least i did) the DL to really suck this season. If you notice the roster, they all gained 10-15 lbs...looks like they are just going to try and occupy space this year.

As for the QBs, blahhh, didn't expect a whole lot, but i have confidence that if somebody can get the scheme, he will be decent with an improved OL and run game. Of course, that's IF...

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information