Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
    Well, i am pretty sure we all expected (or at least i did) the DL to really suck this season. If you notice the roster, they all gained 10-15 lbs...looks like they are just going to try and occupy space this year.

As for the QBs, blahhh, didn't expect a whole lot, but i have confidence that if somebody can get the scheme, he will be decent with an improved OL and run game. Of course, that's IF...
    well if they take up space, then they are doing more than they did last year.
    When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Heres a article about your golden boy by Peter King.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tion=si_latest

Oh, and BTW thanks for the top 5 pick next year.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
        Heres a article about your golden boy by Peter King.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tion=si_latest

Oh, and BTW thanks for the top 5 pick next year.
        Eat this...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7071940

Save your "i hate Brady since he is much better off that me" ********...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
          Eat this...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7071940

Save your "i hate Brady since he is much better off that me" ********...
          LOL I dont't hate Brady! I love brady. Nobody thought he was just sitting around eating cookies but hes sure not learning the offense or fitting in with the guys either. I hope brady has a great season....just not this year.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Imagine if Cowboys drafted Quinn
            I've made my feelings on the Brady Quinn Con Job quite clear. It ranks as the most genius move in Jerry's GM tenure. Sure, it's a short list, but still ...

It was a great move because the Cowboys were able to get a player who can contribute this season (Anthony Spencer) and should get a shot at a superstar with the Browns' probable top-five pick next year.

Not to mention the high probability that Quinn will be a prima-donna bust. There's no doubt about prima donna part. The bust part is my opinion, based primarily on his poor showings against good defenses at Notre Dame.

Oh, and how do you think Tony Romo would feel about a rookie holding out for a huge contract while he played for a relative pittance (by starting QB standards)? Ya reckon that might cause some friction between Romo and the franchise? Would it maybe be a minor distraction if the backup QB's holdout was the biggest story of training camp?

The Cowboys don't have to deal with any of that, because Jerry was actually thinking clearly on draft day. And they get to pump their fist after all 14 or so of the Browns' losses this season. Pretty sweet deal.

Posted by Tim MacMahon

Comment

• hey buddy if u think we are gonna be top five pick you are wrong. people dont seem to realize how improved we are going to be this season. Go pick SI tomorrow were on the cover come to me then and complain you want to come here and talk talk football. Leave ur trash to the rest of u dallas bandwagon fans

Comment

• Brady Quinn and the Browns are still not close on a deal:

Negotiations with holdout quarterback Brady Quinn are going nowhere. The Browns said they'd negotiate all day, but Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, has been hard to reach. Quinn, who has missed the first six days of camp, remains in Arizona. The sticking points continue to be guaranteed money and the triggers for escalators in the contract. The holdout is 1 week old and shows no sign of ending soon.
                http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plai...l=2&thispage=2

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                  Brady Quinn and the Browns are still not close on a deal:

I hate Agents that won't negotiate... Where the hell does that take anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                    Imagine if Cowboys drafted Quinn
                    I've made my feelings on the Brady Quinn Con Job quite clear. It ranks as the most genius move in Jerry's GM tenure. Sure, it's a short list, but still ...

It was a great move because the Cowboys were able to get a player who can contribute this season (Anthony Spencer) and should get a shot at a superstar with the Browns' probable top-five pick next year.

Not to mention the high probability that Quinn will be a prima-donna bust. There's no doubt about prima donna part. The bust part is my opinion, based primarily on his poor showings against good defenses at Notre Dame.

Oh, and how do you think Tony Romo would feel about a rookie holding out for a huge contract while he played for a relative pittance (by starting QB standards)? Ya reckon that might cause some friction between Romo and the franchise? Would it maybe be a minor distraction if the backup QB's holdout was the biggest story of training camp?

The Cowboys don't have to deal with any of that, because Jerry was actually thinking clearly on draft day. And they get to pump their fist after all 14 or so of the Browns' losses this season. Pretty sweet deal.

Posted by Tim MacMahon

The Browns had a sloppy season last year after going 6-10 with a terrible team, and stepped back to 4-12 with no running game, no offensive line, and no DBs. This year we have a great offensive line, a running game that will be vastly improved, and a great group of young DBs. The only real weaknesses are at QB, WR, and D-Line. We are gonna win somewhere between 6 and 8 games this year, and that should translate into a pick somewhere between 8 and 16. Top 5, I doubt it. Preseason power rankings take into account the previous season way too much. I mean, the Jets, Saints, and Titans were all supposed to have top 5 picks this year, and the Buccaneers, Redskins, and Falcons were all supposed to be picking in the 20s. This is the most talented the Browns have been since they returned (including 2002's playoff team). If we had a QB we'd be talking about contending for the playoffs, but since that's not the case we are talking about 6-8 wins. I don't think a team with LBs, DBs, and OLine, and running game the quality of the Browns' this year will be as bad as you're suggesting though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                      Brady Quinn and the Browns are still not close on a deal:

Yeah, I read that today.

I don't think the BQ holdout is as big as everyone is trying to make it out to be.

I like the approach that the Bengals did with Palmer by letting him sit behind Kitna, and what the Cards tried to do by sitting Leinart behind Warner. Yes, Anderson/Frye are in the same league as Warner or Kitna, but Brady sitting back behind one would probably be the best for the long run.

It seems like everyone thinks BQ is the savior and the Browns need him in there on snap one, game one. I don't see a rush [maybe I should since Crennel is on the hot seat and if we get rid of a great coach like him due to impatience from Cleveland's faithful it will be a great injustice].

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• I think Quinn is dumb not getting into camp asap. The QB competition is ripe for the picking, and if he was in on time he'd probably be the starter by week 3 or 4. Instead he'll probably not start until midseason or later, or at least until Crennel is gone and/or we are out of playoff contension. What it sounds like from the media's reports is that Condon is being a royal pain in the @$$

Comment

• Unfortunately, football careers can be very short and your 1st contract is what you will be paid for the first 4 years. This could be a nasty negotiation if Quinn and his agent are determined to extract the maximum.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• In the eyes of 90% of NFL fans Brady QUinn was a top 5 pick. To say the Browns messed up by giving away a future pick that isnt going to be a top 5 pick IMO isnt a bad trade. Just because it was easy to do on Dallas part, doesnt make it a bad trade. Who cares if Quinn isnt in camp, hes a fast learner and he wasnt going to start the season anyways.

Comment

• Yeah, I find this to not be that big of a deal. I want to see Derek Anderson more before we write him off. And trade Frye for some help elsewhere.

Comment

• I thought this would really be the year we could decide if Frye was the answer, but with this new complex offense we might have to suck it up and give him yet another year to prove himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information