No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mandatory depth chart is up, not that it really means much. Crennel said he has not named any starters at all for the season, or for the first preseason game for that matter. It consists of 0 suprises.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/chart.php

Comment

• I'm going to pull a keylime and predict that Brady will be in camp on Wednesday.

Comment

• Yeah, Quinn signs. He'll certainly be in camp Wednesday.
        Last edited by keylime_5; 08-07-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• I think Condon and Savage truly didn't want Quinn in on time. They both refused to go to their respective cities to talk out something that [sources and savage confirmed] could have been a short face to face negation had they met in person, but had it drug out over .5mil [which each side easily gave in half way to meet] and an incentives package soon after Quinn was out of the race for starting QB.

He was given a playbook when most holdouts don't even have that luxury. There are still concerns over our offense and our line, and now Quinn can stand on the sidelines like Palmer/Leinart and let some pieces fall into place before he's under center.

Wille is out AT LEAST 6 weeks with a bulging disk in his back.

Our marquee free agent [Steinbach] this year is rehabbing his knee and is expected to be back by week 1.

Quinn received the start of his rookie hazing when he was forced to sing in front of the entire team. Even Kozar took some jabs at him [source: ESPN].

Joe don't be confused. We'll have 4QB's that should be on the roster at the start of this season. 3 will most likely be there at the end of this season. This is Frye's chance to prove himself. Cleveland, as loyal as we our, are also impatient. If Frye struggles early [assuming he even wins the role], you'll have an outcry to put in Anderson or Quinn. The fans won't let another disappointing campaign by our QB continue before they will force Lerner to put Quinn in. The reigns are Quinns, just when he gets them is what's in question. Anderson and Frye are just holding his place, sort of a Brees and Rivers situation. That's why Quinn was selected.

Lastly, I agree with your RoyHall#1. I would like to see more of Anderson as well. I think Anderson can be the semi solution for this year with Quinn behind him, and Dorsey who has the most veteran presence as the third and see what teams would be willing to give for Frye [who holds more value than DA does].

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• I think Anderson is just an interception machine like he showed in Baltimore and Tampa Bay last year. Pittsburgh and Kansas City didn't really have much pass rush on us, so Anderson played un-bad in those games. Frye played just as well in the KC game before he left to injury, so that game's a wash as far as the CF/DA comparisons go. Neither is a good QB or gonna be a good QB, it is only a matter of 4 to 8 weeks before Quinn takes over for good. But as far as who I think should start week 1, I say Frye is the lesser of two evils, but subjectively I think Anderson has a 51/49 edge as far as starting opening day.

We're a better team when McGinest is out there on 1st and 2nd downs for us at OLB b/c of his run support, pass coverage, and experience/leadership at LOLB, but Peek is a better pass rusher with a high motor, so we won't lose much when Willie is out for however many weeks (it sounds like he is a threat to go on the IR and maybe retire eventually though, and we don't want that considering our lack of depth behind Wimbley and Peek). Steinbach is not to worry, he just banged his knee and is being held out for a couple weeks, he'll be back week 1 ready to clobber some Steeler.
            Last edited by keylime_5; 08-09-2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
              I think Anderson is just an interception machine like he showed in Baltimore and Tampa Bay last year. Pittsburgh and Kansas City didn't really have much pass rush on us, so Anderson played un-bad in those games. Frye played just as well in the KC game before he left to injury, so that game's a wash as far as the CF/DA comparisons go. Neither is a good QB or gonna be a good QB, it is only a matter of 4 to 8 weeks before Quinn takes over for good. But as far as who I think should start week 1, I say Frye is the lesser of two evils, but subjectively I think Anderson has a 51/49 edge as far as starting opening day.

We're a better team when McGinest is out there on 1st and 2nd downs for us at OLB b/c of his run support, pass coverage, and experience/leadership at LOLB, but Peek is a better pass rusher with a high motor, so we won't lose much when Willie is out for however many weeks (it sounds like he is a threat to go on the IR and maybe retire eventually though, and we don't want that considering our lack of depth behind Wimbley and Peek). Steinbach is not to worry, he just banged his knee and is being held out for a couple weeks, he'll be back week 1 ready to clobber some Steeler.
              Willie is out for 6 weeks.

Comment

• They're gonna re-evuluate him in 6 weeks, so he could miss more or even be put on the I/R.

Comment

They're gonna re-evuluate him in 6 weeks, so he could miss more or even be put on the I/R.
                  I think he is gone for awhile, too bad!!!
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Can the Browns get any more bush league?

Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel announced that he will determine the starting QB for the Browns' preseason opener by flipping a coin. It'll either be Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson, with big-money Brady Quinn slated for scrub time.

Maybe Jerry and Al Davis could flip a coin to determine who gets the first overall pick next year.

LMAO......

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                      Can the Browns get any more bush league?

Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel announced that he will determine the starting QB for the Browns' preseason opener by flipping a coin. It'll either be Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson, with big-money Brady Quinn slated for scrub time.

Maybe Jerry and Al Davis could flip a coin to determine who gets the first overall pick next year.

LMAO......
                      Well the last time we flipped a coin it came out good for us so maybe it will again.

Comment

I think Anderson is just an interception machine like he showed in Baltimore and Tampa Bay last year. Pittsburgh and Kansas City didn't really have much pass rush on us, so Anderson played un-bad in those games. Frye played just as well in the KC game before he left to injury, so that game's a wash as far as the CF/DA comparisons go. Neither is a good QB or gonna be a good QB, it is only a matter of 4 to 8 weeks before Quinn takes over for good. But as far as who I think should start week 1, I say Frye is the lesser of two evils, but subjectively I think Anderson has a 51/49 edge as far as starting opening day.

Well, we have a much better offensive line, and with good protection, I think most of us would agree that DA is better than Frye. And the Pittsburgh game makes me want to see more of Anderson. He was locked in that night.

Comment

• DA was alright against Pittsburgh last year, but he had no running game to support him and his receivers played crappy too. But the first time we played Pittsburgh Frye played better than Anderson vs PIT b/c he had been studying film for that game all summer and was very prepared for it. We should've won that game, but I guess the fact that it was home and not snowing did help him a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                            Well, we have a much better offensive line, and with good protection, I think most of us would agree that DA is better than Frye. And the Pittsburgh game makes me want to see more of Anderson. He was locked in that night.
                            I have to agree with Keylime, DA is an interception waiting to happen. He threw a high % of interceptions in college and it has followed him into the pros. He's never going to be much of a NFL QB and I seriously doubt he beats out Frye to start the season.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

• He was horrible last night... but Frye pretty much cost our team at least 10 points with his mistakes. DA had some bad throws, but I think he'll do a lot better in the rest of preseason.

Comment

• Someone on ESPN said something along the line of; "When you have to flip a coin for one, you ain't got none."

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information