No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Charlie would just think...i think he could be a capable starter. I pretty sure, as we saw, if he gets time he can make good decisions (expect for his first pass, lol) but the stupid mistakes (fumbles, time managment, trying to hard) are what kills him. He has the intaginbles, just needs to be coach up.

Like Bernie said though, his mistake to run with 12 sec. left won't happen again, that is just pre season (i hope).

On a side not, did anyone else find Bernie hilarious when he was ripping the chiefs offense. "Playbook from the dark ages" hahahahaha

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Also, i am diggin the D. Sure the DL still blows, but the linebackers did a great job against KC. Those 9 and 16 yard runs the ones allowed have me scared, but overall i was impressed.

The LB depth looks real good, and Leon Williams will be starting for D'Qwell (maybe Andra, but i doubt it) by the end of the season. And Wimbley/Peek/McMillan really looked good. Add in Mac and Thompson and the OLB depth is good.

DB depth played well, though it is hard to tell since the KC offense was "from the dark ages".

Anyway, my point is that if we could just get some decent DLmen, they don't even have to be great, just starting caliber. Our defense could* be great.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

• Any news on Mel Purcell?

Comment

• He played. That's all I know. And if I knew more I wouldn't tell you because you raped me in our fantasy trade. Stupid flex position.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
            He played. That's all I know. And if I knew more I wouldn't tell you because you raped me in our fantasy trade. Stupid flex position.
            HAHA. Who knows who got the better of the trade right now... Don't blame me if you didn't know the rules though.

Comment

• Mel played with the threes. Made a nice play where he got some penetration and made the tackle, but otherwise didn't standout. I am sure he will get more PT as the pre season wears on...he has too much talent not to.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

• I heard that Frye took all the snaps with the first team today in camp, and Quinn took all the snaps with the second team. Not good news for Derek Anderson who is a sure thing to get cut unless he lights it up in the next 3 preseason games. If he doesn't beat out Frye for the starting job he'll be looking for work with Frye/Quinn/Dorsey making the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  I heard that Frye took all the snaps with the first team today in camp, and Quinn took all the snaps with the second team. Not good news for Derek Anderson who is a sure thing to get cut unless he lights it up in the next 3 preseason games. If he doesn't beat out Frye for the starting job he'll be looking for work with Frye/Quinn/Dorsey making the team.
                  I agree.

I think Dorsey is a lock to make the team. Brady is our future, and we all know that. Brady's mentor that has been helping him the most; Ken Dorsey. Dorsey also knows Chud real well and the offense. That potentially leaves Anderson and Frye left for one spot, and I would doubt we keep 4 QB's on the roster. If we do, I would expect to only have 3 by week 6.

Also, Barclay...Anyone think he'll make the team? He's so explosive, that I think he can get the third RB position.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• It would be a pleasent suprise if Barclay makes the team, but it would take good efforts in the last 3 games by him consistently and bad play from Harrison to bump into the final 53.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      I heard that Frye took all the snaps with the first team today in camp, and Quinn took all the snaps with the second team. Not good news for Derek Anderson who is a sure thing to get cut unless he lights it up in the next 3 preseason games. If he doesn't beat out Frye for the starting job he'll be looking for work with Frye/Quinn/Dorsey making the team.
                      How sucky would that be...contention for the starting job but if you don't make it you get cut instead of being the 2nd or 3rd QB.

Comment

• On our team though it's an exception. Frye should be a #2 QB in this league and Anderson a #3. Dorsey is more valuable to us than Anderson though since we have Frye starting and Quinn preparing to start. Anderson is definitely expendable.

Comment

• I think we could get a 7th for Derek Anderson from a team looking for a back-up (Dallas, Tenn., Minny???)...better than nothing, or another piece of trash like Tim Carter.

Anyway, i agree that if Frye legitamtly wins the job, than Anderson is expendable as he would be in the way of Quinn. (wow, that was repetative of what you guys said, lol)

As for Barclay, he still has a long way to go to catch Harrison, but i could see us carrying 4 RBs if we only keep 4 WRs and 3 TEs because on spread formations K2 is essentially the 3 WR and whoever is the 4th WR is actually the 5th. Plus Barclay and Harrison can catch if we get in a jam. In all likelyhood though, Barclay will be on the practice squad.

I look for Matt Stewert to get canned once he is eligible for active roster. I see the LBs being (OLB) Mac, Peek, Wimbley, DMac (ILB) Davis, Jackson, Williams, Thompson and Unck on teams. Thompson is valuable on teams plus he is versatile in 3-4=shoe in.

Also, my money is on Ortega for as the 3rd TE, since Chud basically brought him in and he knows the system.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

• I think we keep 3 RBs (Lewis, Wright, Harrison) a FB (Vickers), 5 WRs (Edwards, Jurevicius, Carter, Wilson, Cribbs), and 4 TEs (Winslow, Heiden, Dinkins, Krause). That way we can keep 9 offensive linemen and then have 25 offense, 25 defense, plus the K,P, and LS. 4 TEs in this year's offense instead of 2 FBs like in 2005 and 2006.

Comment

• On the OBR it says that in the team's scrimmage tonight Quinn looked great out there. If you want the whole story go on the LiveFeed link. I can't wait to see what Brady does to the Lions' backups this Saturday.

Comment

• This is my main question for Barclay. If he doesn't make the team, will he be placed on waivers and if he clears be sent to the scout/show/practice team.

I'm pretty positive that if we try to squeeze Barclay to the show team, he'll be eaten off of waivers like Philly did to Pitt on Hank Fraley.

He put up impressive numbers in Europe, and showed that he can be a dinomite returner and perhaps an emergency back.

I also wonder if they tried and/or trying Barclay out for the open PR position left vacant by Northcutt.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information